Bus or Car to Parks, that is the Question

jtwdw

My daughter (7) and I will be at All Stars Music 3/15 - 3/19 and will have our own car. Would it be best to use the Disney Bus system or take our own car to the parks? Also, which stop is AS Music in All Stars bus loop (First, Second or Last)?

I know there will be several thousand cheerleaders at the resort during part of our visit and thought the buses might be jammed. I was thinking of using the bus to go to MK, but drive my own car to the other parks and water parks.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MKCP 1985

When going to MK, bus is almost always faster. Car takes you to TTC, where you must wait in line for monorail or ferry to MK entrance. Bus takes you straight to entrance. Of course, when my kids were 7, they felt cheated if we didn't ride the monorail at least once - but bus is faster.

For all other parks, car may be faster. Buses get full to All Stars during peak times, and you might have to wait for more than one bus.

I always take the bus and don't worry about driving, keeping up with car, worrying about car, but that's just me. :)

Upvote 0

Disney2002

Originally posted by jtwdw
My daughter (7) and I will be at All Stars Music 3/15 - 3/19 and will have our own car. Would it be best to use the Disney Bus system or take our own car to the parks? Also, which stop is AS Music in All Stars bus loop (First, Second or Last)?

I know there will be several thousand cheerleaders at the resort during part of our visit and thought the buses might be jammed. I was thinking of using the bus to go to MK, but drive my own car to the other parks and water parks.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Disney transportation system is really so good that I can't imagine the hassle of driving myself. You rarely have to wait more than a couple of minutes. They run at all hours of the day, and late into the night. And you NEVER have to search for your car in the lots... or wait for a tram to get you to your car.

Bus just seems more direct.

Enjoy the trip!

Upvote 0

frazierle

I would have to also agree. The only time we ever drive once we get to WDW is if we have an early breakfast somewhere or dinner after the parks close.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

We have done monorail hotels, moderates and used only the bus system, and this time (05/12-05/19) we are going to have a rental just for going around WDW.

Our impression was that the busses were good for getting to the parks, they aren't fun at park's closing because of the crowds.

Driving to the Studios, or Epcot is easy because it really is easy to walk up to the gate without even using the trams. AK is definatly a tram parking lot, very large and removed from the front gate.

Have fun, I know we will ;-)

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I would normally say "bus", because I don't like to drive on unfamiliar roads.

But you are not going during a normal time; you are going during cheerleading championships.

I would do ANYTHING, including walking to the parks, to avoid being on a bus with a herd of cheerleaders.

(I'm thinking you might be OK very early in the morning before they get up. But that last bus home at night will be pure torture. You might do the bus in the AM, then back to the hotel for a swim, and take the car for the evening trip back to the parks)

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I would take your car. We never uses the busses. You'll make better time and have no wait at exit time. On a side note when visiting the Magic Kingdom park at a monorail resort and ride over.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

While staying on property I've always used buses - convenient from front of resort (or easy pick up location) straight to front of park. Downside - the journey will usually take longer than a car because of picking up other guests.
When taking your own car the only disadvantage is the long walk from where you left your car to the front of the park (plus trying to find it again when everyone leaves the park at the same time in the dark !

Upvote 0

kbmb

My daughter (7) and I will be at All Stars Music 3/15 - 3/19 and will have our own car.

Keep in mind that if you do use your car....bring your resort parking pass and you won't have to pay parking. You can also show the parking pass to the attendant and you can park up front in the AAA Diamond lots.

This really helps at MGM....since it gets you right up front, no need to take the trams.

-k

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

My family and I always took our own car to the parks, even when we stayed on property. One year, I got sick in the MK, right at closing time. My mother and I decided to take the bus back to Port Orleans while my father and brother got the car and drove back. We had to wait for a couple of busses, but once we got on the bus, we were in our hotel room within eight minutes. In total, the trip took less than 45 minutes. And this was at closing time during Easter week! My poor dad and brother, meanwhile, had to wait for three ferries, then six trams, then walk to the car, then sit in the traffic to get out of the parking lot. Also, the Disney road signs are meant to lead cars around in circles to prevent traffic. Disney busses don't follow the road signs--they know the most direct way to go. It took my dad and brother TWO HOURS to get bakc to the hotel!! By that time, I felt fine and wanted to go swimming with my brother. But he was exhausted and had to go to bed. We have never driven on property again!! :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0
It`s definately a good idea to drive to the water parks as you can park near the entrance. Also we drive to Animal Kingdom as the bus takes a long time. However I would recommend going on the buses as they sometimes go a different way so you can see more of Walt Disney World. The bus is the best way to go to late nights at the Magic Kingdom as queues for the monorail can be long.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To respond to one of the original questions, the All-Stars tend to group bus service during slow times (middle of the day), and Music would be the second stop, typically. During busy times (park openings and closings) they each usually have their own bus.

With the All-Star resorts being so large, the buses tend to get very crowded at park closing. If you don't mind having to wait for a bus at park close, or standing once on-board, I say use the bus system. If you don't like the crowds and are willing to potentially spend a few extra minutes getting to and from the park to your vehicle, rent a car.

A car is usually a good idea for Epcot and MGM, and the water parks as well, as bus service to them can be sporadic.

Upvote 0

In Wonderland

Maybe it won't be too bad with the Cheerleaders there. Sometimes those groups have their own buses to get them to and from their competitions and the parks...

You can only hope.:dazzle:

Upvote 0

jtwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. It seems to be a mix of suggestions.

I plan on using the bus for MK for sure. I might use the car for Epcot or MGM one day and see how it works out.

I definitely plan on using the car for the water parks. I don't want to be jammed with 50 other dripping people.:D

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Thanks for all the responses. It seems to be a mix of suggestions.

I plan on using the bus for MK for sure. I might use the car for Epcot or MGM one day and see how it works out.

I definitely plan on using the car for the water parks. I don't want to be jammed with 50 other dripping people.:D

When we have a car with us, we drive to water parks and Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney and bus to MGM, MK and EPCOT. One thing about the car, if you're parkhopping or resort hopping, car is the way to go. There are some places you can't get to without riding 2 buses. (i.e. MGM to Animal Kingdom, have got to get to a resort then bus to AK). If a trip means 2 or more buses or bus/boat, bus/monorail combination we drive or without a car, we'll cab it. A little more expense but worth the time saved.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom