Bus Fire- Magic Kingdom

lbrad

Just curious ... did everything work out okay with the "bus fire'" and its passengers? hope all are well :shrug:

geubux

So where to go with this post... hmm, would you like a ladder to get down off your high horse with... or maybe you would like the stupid poster to stop posting(yes, you called yourself stupid after listing your qualifications, which we all know means you think we are stupid).

Well, how about I repost my initial post that you knocked apart. I said, quite clearly that there were fire protections that would keep an engine fire separate from the passenger compartment. At NO POINT did i say fire extinguisher. What I was talking about... of course your only an engineer and I am sure you already knew this... its called a FIRE WALL. It exists in the form of materials and coatings around the engine compartment. On a slight aside, there are system on many vehicles that actually neutralizes the fuel in the case of an accident that might cause the gas/diesel to burn.

Again, you are mistaken. The FIRE WALL does not protect from fire. There are no burn standards that must be meant. It is called that because it USED to keep fire out of the passenger cabins...mostly in cars built before 1940. The coatings are only required to not burn and cause noxious fumes. They tend to delay the fire, but there is no requirement.
Neutralizes fuel? Not on cars, trucks or buses. There have been attempts to prevent jet fuel from being very combustible, but if you've ever seen the films of the crash tests, they weren't very successful. There just isn't a chemical you could add to fuel fast enough to stop it from burning. The best bet is to fortify the fuel storage and supply system...but, things tend to work "loose" after millions of vibrations. MINOR engineering errors often cost lives.:hammer:

greebomusic

popcorn.gif

Disneydreamer23

i can totally see how that happens those buses run from 6 am till 2 am every day non stop im surprised they don't catch fire more often getting run that much!

lazyboy97o

Can't blame Disney on this one, things just happen, they can't prevent EVERYTHING. Hopefully no one was hurt.
That is an assessment that cannot currently be made. It could be the result of something nobody would see. It could be the result of something that should have been seen.

wcj1968

Unless the head of fleet maintenance is lurking around this thread then EVERYTHING is speculation. No one seems to know what actually caught fire much less why. Accidents happen, things break, tires blow out, wires fray, you can't plan for everything, but you can sure take the opportunity to bash Disney when they do. Unbeleivable!!!

fosse76

Unless the head of fleet maintenance is lurking around this thread then EVERYTHING is speculation. No one seems to know what actually caught fire much less why. Accidents happen, things break, tires blow out, wires fray, you can't plan for everything, but you can sure take the opportunity to bash Disney when they do. Unbeleivable!!!

Don't tell that to the engineer, who seems to think he knows everything!

njdan

Well no. But their lack of maintenance on the whole park in general might lead one to believe that this could be a possibility.

I think we all might be being a little hard on disney. they do much more than than any other park. How many of you would go to Six flags park as many times as all of us who pot here got to disney. if you are that unhappy with disney dont go

mrerk

Premium Member
Thats good to know at least, it would be foolish on their part not to take advatage of the amounts of cooking oil they must go through.

I can't imagine the amount of cooking oil they convert to biofuel would even put a small dent in their fuel bill.

I am surprised they don't do more in the way of CNG, electric or a hybrid.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One just needs to look at the safety record under Meg Crofton's watch
No. One needs data to show that Disney has more, less or the same number bus fires than other cities using buses. Otherwise we would be just making crap up to try and support a preconceived notion or agenda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom