Bus arrival times for Walt Disney World now available on My Disney Experience app

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Slightly Off topic, but I'm waiting on disney to link up the your reservation so when you send stuff back to the resort (when staying on property) you can just scan a bar code in your MDE APP or tap your magic band and it fills out all your resort info. NO MORE GREEN SHEETS....

...wait...people still buy merchandise?!?! 😬

NeedMoreMickey

Since it says we can see when the next bus will be arriving at our resort, can I assume we still won't be able to see when a bus would be arriving at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs to pick us up from those locations? Because they don't have the bus monitor screens and they were already installed at each resort bus stops, it seems like a wasted opportunity not to show that information on the My Disney Experience app. Plus knowing when a bus would be arriving at any of the 4 parks and Disney Springs would make it an easier wait, instead of hoping the next one that arrives is going to your resort.
This would be so nice.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't either for Caribbean Beach. I was just assuming you had to be onsite for it to show up. Maybe I'm wrong.

I believe that some of the functions are or were limited to onsite locations...it actually doesn’t make any sense for a person to look at bus times before they’re there...and would create some unnecessary traffic over the servers, would it not?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You need to be onsite as you access the bus link through your active resort stay link (room number, room charges, etc.)

I am onsite now and am able to see the bus wait times.... fantastic!

8985C05D-81B9-40A4-9781-0FE0706C7AC5.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You need to be onsite as you access the bus link through your active resort stay link (room number, room charges, etc.)

View attachment 290894

Thank you for clarifying...after you watch the clip posted on the announcement...it makes sense that it would be available off the hotel link which would only be active when the reservation is current...like the relatively new folio feature.

Biff215

Since it says we can see when the next bus will be arriving at our resort, can I assume we still won't be able to see when a bus would be arriving at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs to pick us up from those locations? Because they don't have the bus monitor screens and they were already installed at each resort bus stops, it seems like a wasted opportunity not to show that information on the My Disney Experience app. Plus knowing when a bus would be arriving at any of the 4 parks and Disney Springs would make it an easier wait, instead of hoping the next one that arrives is going to your resort.

View attachment 290894
Notice it says “Return times are not yet available”. Hopefully that means they’re working on it.

We also didn’t find them to be very accurate last summer, but it’s better than knowing nothing at all!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Also a heads up if you are onsite but the bus times are not showing in the app make sure it is updated as Disney had an update for the app yest

Innkeeper's Club

Notice it says “Return times are not yet available”. Hopefully that means they’re working on it.
I'm honestly asking where does it say that, because I have not seen it. Where it says "What's New" when looking at it from Apple here is what they said.

Check out our new and improved design! With this release, it’s easier than ever to navigate the app and find what you’re looking for. Plan park activities, see vacation info and much more—all from our handy new menu.

We also fixed bugs and improved overall app performance.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/my-disney-experience/id547436543?mt=8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom