Bumping Into Other WDW Magic Members When Visiting

Raineman

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone has ever unintentionally met any other forum members while at WDW? It might be tough to pick WDW Magic members out of the crowd, unless they have a personal picture as their avatar. It may also be awkward if it was someone you have blocked/have been in some heated discussions with. :D

draybook

One time. I was live posting in the Buzz queue and the gentleman asked if I was Draybook. I said yes and he said he had seen me posting and thought it was me. I think(egg on my face if I'm wrong) he said his name was Chris.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

We did some pre-arranged meet ups in the past with several members. We are easy to spot because we always travel with a Jiminy Cricket on my backpack and one on DW's w/c which starts a lot of conversations but never had a WDW Magic member approach us that wasnt pre-arranged.

Phonedave

Not from here, but when I used to belong to another board, I did run into some people (who I already knew from having arranged to meet them a previous time)

-dave

piglet21

Just curious if anyone has ever unintentionally met any other forum members while at WDW? It might be tough to pick WDW Magic members out of the crowd, unless they have a personal picture as their avatar. It may also be awkward if it was someone you have blocked/have been in some heated discussions with. :D
Yes! My husband and I once unintentionally had dinner at Skipper Canteen next to @Big Hair . We talked about DVC (I think he was wearing a slider) and after he left I was like "I know him from somewhere?!", proceeded to stalk wdwmagic until I found his page, and sent him a pm to confirm it was indeed him. It was!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not unintentionally and not from this particular website.
When I used to be active on Y/A I became FB friends with one of the posters, I emailed back and forth with another poster, and I met up with one poster.
The one that I met up with I then did see like 5 more times unintentionally and it actually was a tad bit awkward because they wanted to stop and chat but I was busy with my entire family.

Figments Friend

If you would like to, next week is your chance!
I'm having a impromptu meet up over at the Imagination Pavilion's Magic Gardens on September 30th from 2-3pm.
All of you Epcot fans coming to the Park that day for the final showing of 'Illuminations', come on by and say hello!
:)

I have a related thread in the 'evolving epcot' section of this Forum with more details.
See ya there!

-

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
I'm doing my first solo trip from 11/10/10 to 11/14/19. Anybody that's down there at the same time and wants to get an adult beverage, let me know.

WorldDad

One time. I was live posting in the Buzz queue and the gentleman asked if I was Draybook. I said yes and he said he had seen me posting and thought it was me. I think(egg on my face if I'm wrong) he said his name was Chris.
Funny this thread came up. My daughter and I were directly behind you and your family in the line for Peoplemover during the Halloween party on 9/10.( I recognized the Polamalu Jersey)
I didn’t want to bother while you were with your family, and I’m really more of a lurker here than a poster, but I kinda regret not saying hi

draybook

Funny this thread came up. My daughter and I were directly behind you and your family in the line for Peoplemover during the Halloween party on 9/10.( I recognized the Polamalu Jersey)
I didn’t want to bother while you were with your family, and I’m really more of a lurker here than a poster, but I kinda regret not saying hi

Dang, maybe next time! I always enjoy meeting new people. On a side note, it was hotter than the dickens in that jersey.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've met dozens of folks from WDWMagic. Whether planned or not? Not sure.

I wear a WDWMagic button virtually all the time I'm in WDW along with a nametag that says "Monty", so I do get random people who approach me and say they know me from here. Most who do don't share their screen names, so I don't always make the connection. But there are many who have become real-life friends.

SirWillow

I've bumped into a few people here and there in the parks when I've been there. Always like saying Hi. No clue when I'll be back to WDW though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom