Buildings in the back?

mharrington

Original Poster
Can anyone identify these buildings in the back of the park in between Small World and Star Tours? They are circled in yellow:
1682261510769.png

Vegas Disney Fan

Wikimapia is a great resource for backstage stuff like this, I’ve looked at nearly every inch of all the parks with it.

Simba is described as “Entertainment Building. Contains entertainment costuming, cosmetology, studios and parade warehouse.”

The tents simply say convention center.

mharrington

Original Poster
Wikimapia is a great resource for backstage stuff like this, I’ve looked at nearly every inch of all the parks with it.

Simba is described as “Entertainment Building. Contains entertainment costuming, cosmetology, studios and parade warehouse.”

The tents simply say convention center.

Does that mean that the entertainment building cannot be removed for, say, an expansion without nixing live entertainment?

Vegas Disney Fan

Does that mean that the entertainment building cannot be removed for, say, an expansion without nixing live entertainment?
They could build a new building but it would be expensive, judging by the structures the tents are in an expansion pad (which is why they’re probably tents) but the Simba building looks permanent so I can’t see them ever expanding in that location.

DLP has several existing expansion pads, 5 or 6 from the look of it, so there’s really no need to expand into the backstage areas yet.

mharrington

Original Poster
They could build a new building but it would be expensive, judging by the structures the tents are in an expansion pad (which is why they’re probably tents) but the Simba building looks permanent so I can’t see them ever expanding in that location.

DLP has several existing expansion pads, 5 or 6 from the look of it, so there’s really no need to expand into the backstage areas yet.

Where are these expansion pads? I actually asked because I had hoped that that space might be usable for the addition of a Toontown area, as was the rumor years ago, but if the Simba building looks permanent, then it's obviously not going to work at all.

Vegas Disney Fan

Where are these expansion pads? I actually asked because I had hoped that that space might be usable for the addition of a Toontown area, as was the rumor years ago, but if the Simba building looks permanent, then it's obviously not going to work at all.
It looks like there’s an expansion pad where the old Pizza planet is, where the convention center tents we were talking about are, one to the left of Pirates, I think one where Woodys roundup village is, one were the Indy coaster is, and one beyond Autopia.

A few are currently being used but by temporary attractions.

mharrington

Original Poster
It looks like there’s an expansion pad where the old Pizza planet is, where the convention center tents we were talking about are, one to the left of Pirates, I think one where Woodys roundup village is, one were the Indy coaster is, and one beyond Autopia.

A few are currently being used but by temporary attractions.

I don't think any of those expansion pads are suitable for Toontown. If you look at the other parks, you will notice that Toontown is accessed via Fantasyland, which was also true of the old Toontown Fair.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don't think any of those expansion pads are suitable for Toontown. If you look at the other parks, you will notice that Toontown is accessed via Fantasyland, which was also true of the old Toontown Fair.
Agreed, I don’t see an area large enough for a full land near Fantasyland.

lazyboy97o

No, it just means you need to accommodate its uses elsewhere. You can even build different uses into an attraction facility the way there are offices in the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland or rehearsal spaces in the maintenance building for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't remember the horse stables or anything being part of an expansion pad, but that's where they put Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.
Simba has been there since 1992. It’s not on a designated expansion pad. Your post commented Simba looks permanent. That’s because it is, unless it is removed.

Disneyland is different. It has no available expansion areas left.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was under the impression that having the horse stables close by were essential to the horses being there day-to-day. With the stables gone, I'm not sure how they were able to get the horses to and from the park.
Google is your friend.

mharrington

Original Poster
Google is your friend.

Norco appears to be about 30 miles away. That must be a great inconvenience for the horses and their handlers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom