Buildings in the back?

lazyboy97o

I was referring to when the Star Wars land was being built. I didn't think they had any expansion areas left even back then, and yet they somehow made it work.
Expansion pads aren’t some sort of absolute. They are designated to provide options, but they’re not set in stone. Things can be removed and relocated if desired and priorities change.

cjkeating

Most definitely on both fronts.

I imagine the permanent structures could be removed for an expansion there someday, much like Runaway Railway was at Disneyland, but it isn't an expansion pad in the literal sense of ready-to-start groundbreaking, so given that DLP has so many it wouldn't make any sense at all to build something there. Still, many facilities can be moved around.

I'd imagine these would be built-out first.
View attachment 712054
Agree. Makes sense to fill in these blanks first especially Adventure and Fantasy where they would remove dead ends and improve guest flow.

Kevin_W

Agree. Makes sense to fill in these blanks first especially Adventure and Fantasy where they would remove dead ends and improve guest flow.

On one hand, it definitely would be nice if the Indian a Jones area weren't a dead end and you could get around to Fantasyland. But on the other hand it's nice that an Adventureland area feels so isolated. And it probably helps keep that side of the park dead in the evenings and we've enjoyed the short lines. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom