Building Spaceship Earth

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster

Make up your own mind, take a look at WOL's official concept art and compare it to the video, it's just an indication.
(and, of course, but looks like i have to even explain THAT, maybe have a look at the date of the video.
And the concept is even older than the upload, but the date still precedes)
Most of my work i never published on the net, keep that in mind maybe.
And thanks for making fun of it. Really shows...

It WAS ME who kicked the revamp off.
You can think what you want.
I know it (much much) better.
I was contacted by a WDI exec, (not gonna disclose it further)
but before that's being made fun of, too, i'll completely keep to myself in the future.

Besides, only now i'm able to go back to my projects,
if you remember, both my parents were suffering from terminal illnesses and in 2018 my father, too, passed away,
effectively crippling me eventually after a decade of tragedy. (in 2008 my baby twins, in 2016 my mom (Parkinson's PSP)
and my dad two years later. I gradually had to step back from my career path to even be able to look after them, but empathy??
No it's easier to just take the spark and throw it somewhere else, for some that's they way they do it.
But who cares, it's business, right?

I could have done magic to Epcot.
That revamp is a mere BIG joke compared to what it COULD have become,
if anyone at Disney had the decency to try and get me on board.
But that's done. I don't think any money in the world would make me want to work for them, ever.

The Epcot revamp and SSE's planned refurb wouldn't happen
if i hadn't brought this project into life. Remeber that.
And, recreating Epcot down to the last screw was just the base for a completely new concept,
which from now on i will keep under wraps and i'll recycle my ideas for the competition.
I'm pretty much done with Disney..

Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster .. yeah that's so Epcot...
but it suits the level of incompetence that is once again applied to the planning of Epcot.

sooo, think what you like, me, i'm quite disappointed for all the backlash
i got for something no one else could have done as a single person.

PS: I got a lot of emails from "students" who wanted to have copies of the park and attraction 3D files, for the monorail, etc.
for free, of course, as it's educational purpose.. Students.. yeeeaaah right. After all the students apparently tried, i got offered
money to give out the files. But you know what, i'd rather throw it in the bin.
This was and still is the most detailed and flexible(only 3D pros will get it) model of any theme park in the world.

Thanks for the bashing. Do go on, i don't care.
There's a big German theme park operator who i'm going to reconceptualize for.
At least they have a sense of decency and know quality work when they see it.

I'll still show off the non-conceptual parts of my works in the future, just to annoy some.
Have fun!

Oh and PS: Thanks for hijacking the thread with unrelated pictures. That, too, speaks for itself.

ArtificialArtist (for Epcot3D)

Tocpe

I for one will miss your work. I am amazed at how much you were able to accomplish. And now knowing you were doing that while caring for dying parents, it's even more amazing.

Folks don't realize the immense amount of work it takes to model the parks. And even I got those same "student" requests for my models. I think it goes with the territory sadly.

As someone who models Disney parks and is caring for two very sick and possibly dying adults, I feel for you and wish you all the best in your future endeavors whatever they may be.

BTW, if you want to talk park modelling - I know a secret group of us that I'd be happy to introduce you to. :)

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
So, just to put things in relation, you might notice there is a lot of anger and disappointment speaking.
If you've spent thousands of hours on something you have a great passion for, while you have to watch it get ripped apart,
it's like a stab right into the heart. It's a shame, as i had a lot of motivation for this project, that already started off in 2009 btw.
I first only wanted to work on a fan-art reconceptualisation of an attraction that has influenced my life more than anything.
Horizons.
Then things gained scope, it became bigger and bigger and eventually i thought, why not do all of Future World.
I just went with the flow that i felt.

And it was great training, so it's not all wasted.

I for one will miss your work. I am amazed at how much you were able to accomplish. And now knowing you were doing that while caring for dying parents, it's even more amazing.

Folks don't realize the immense amount of work it takes to model the parks. And even I got those same "student" requests for my models. I think it goes with the territory sadly.

As someone who models Disney parks and is caring for two very sick and possibly dying adults, I feel for you and wish you all the best in your future endeavors whatever they may be.

BTW, if you want to talk park modelling - I know a secret group of us that I'd be happy to introduce you to. :)

I'm really sorry to hear that, and i have to tell you, be prepared for the worst,
it could break you. You need all the strength you can gather to get through a situation like that.
Try and keep your spirit high. And make the most of every moment you have left with them.

As for that group, hm, i don't know, whether i want to get involved with anything Disney again.
Shoot me a PM in any case.

cheers,
ArtificialArtist

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom