Building a Droid

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just noticed that this forum existed so I though it would be a good place to post about this project. I decided about a year ago that undertake building my own droid. I decided to try to build a full size R5-D4 (the droid that Luke's Uncle originally buys before it malfunctions). My main reason for doing R5 instead of R2-D2 is that I wanted to do as much from scratch as possible and R2's head just posed to many challenges. Besides the heads and the paint job the two are actually identical so I could eventually convert R5 into an R2. I am also maintaining a blog (http://dansastromechbuild.blogspot.com/) showing the build process, although the blog is pretty far behind.

Here is how he looks after about year of off and on work.
DSC01485.JPG

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic there needs to be a new board here. This kind of stuff isn't scrapbooking and craft. It's more of cool stuff that we build that's disney based. I think members don't look at this forum as much as they would due to the scrapbooking title.

Yeah, I agree, it would be nice if there was a more generic name that covered all kinds of Disney creative projects.

donaldtoo

I just dropped a link to your thread in the Chit Chat Chit Chat thread...there are several SW fans over there...hopefully you get some more views...!!! :)

BTW...
What are your plans for R2-D2 when comeplete...?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom