Bug's Life and other Scarry Rides

Eyorefan

We go to Disney World once a year. We took my daughter who is now 7 to see It's a Bug's life when she was 4. It freaked her out so much that to this day she will not go near the tree. She is always talking about how scary the show was. Any advise on ways to help her get over her fear?

The Mom

Premium Member
My 13 year old still won't go on it. It may be one of those things that won't be resolved until peer pressure forces her hand. That was certainly the only thing that got me on an inverted coaster.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

My DD is also scared of it and others. What has somewhat worked for us is that we trade off rides and shows. She loves open rides! she will go on local coasters that have multiple inversions and absolutely loves them. Her problem is when she cannot see what she is getting into. So for example she loves IASW so we will do that for PhilharMagic. Now when she goes into PhilharMagic she is told she can put her head on her moms lap and she does not have to watch the show. This usually works unless she is getting cranky and we typically get to do almost everything at WDW.

Now what is weird is that she loves Space Mountain. We never even thought of asking her to go on it, she just said one day lets go daddy. Go figure a 5 YO. She made me ride it 5 more times that day and I almost :hurl: . She even got off the last time and looked at me and said "Daddy I feel a little space sick" :lol: LMAO. Kids say the darndest things.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I wouldn't try to cure her fear of it. There are enough attractions that everyone will have their little list of ones they refuse to go on for whatever reason. (I avoid Astro Orbiter.)

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

My sister is 14 no she 15 I think. I don't remember.
Metscool, i know that in "real life" there's no backspace key, and you can't "un-say" something after you said it. But when you're typing words on a computer, there IS a backspace key. You don't need to just yammer on in a "stream-of-conciousness" style.

kthnxbai!!!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Metscool, i know that in "real life" there's no backspace key, and you can't "un-say" something after you said it. But when you're typing words on a computer, there IS a backspace key. You don't need to just yammer on in a "stream-of-conciousness" style.

kthnxbai!!!!

Excuse me, but I'M the only one allowed to correct grammar around here. :lol: Well, except for wdwmagic, Eeyore, Erika, and mightyduck. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

mgraef

I scared the Pooh out of my son in the Bug movie so now he does not really like movies. I have taken him to a few since and he seems to be easing up a little. I think just a little better parental judgment was needed, but he did well with other "scary" rides.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom