Bug spray

Dizneykid

Original Poster
Hi hello.
I was wondering how many of you use bug spray on Disney property? We never have in the past but wondered if it's the norm. I know Disney has very few mosquitoes. It's quite amazing actually but they issued a high risk report for a serious mosquito virus last year in "southwest Orange County" which is basically Disney. If you do use bug spray, is there something safe for young kids?

Thanks!

Eric Graham

I
Hi hello.
I was wondering how many of you use bug spray on Disney property? We never have in the past but wondered if it's the norm. I know Disney has very few mosquitoes. It's quite amazing actually but they issued a high risk report for a serious mosquito virus last year in "southwest Orange County" which is basically Disney. If you do use bug spray, is there something safe for young kids?

Thanks!
I don't have kids only nieces and nephews but here is a response from Google when I ask about bug sprays that are safe for children:
What is the safest bug repellent for children?

Choose a repellent with a 10%–30% concentration of DEET (look for N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide on the label). The higher the concentration, the longer it lasts. Use lower concentrations (10%) if kids will be outside only for an hour or two.

The answer is yes. Insect repellents containing DEET have been tested and approved for kids when used as directed. You can use DEET-containing bug repellents on children ages 2 months and older, but there are some guidelines to follow: Products containing DEET should be used only once per day on children.

Hope this helps!

JIMINYCR

Never had the need to bring along bug spray. And cant recall any of the multitude of Disney sites that Ive looked at that feature a packing tips section include bug spray as an item.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
In the cases where we got bit by mosquitos it was always very specific place and time. Never higher activity across the resort. Most trips we haven’t gotten bit at all.

The last mosquito issue I had was outside BLT lobby in Oct 2022. It was a rainy day and that evening I went outside to wait for a ride right after a massive downpour. Took me 3 or 4 minutes to realize I was under attack. Quickly had a dozen bites.

A couple years before at water’s edge in MK - Somewhere over by Tom Sawyer and BTM. Just one specific location. Once we moved everywhere else was fine.

That’s how most of our encounters have been. Just one specific area and date.

The Colonel

Yes I get bit at night, near the water, or on a terrace, or near bushes. If I remember I use Off Deep Woods Wipes on my lower legs.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You always hear those stories about Disney having all these wild ways to control bugs at WDW... and apparently, they're all 100% correct. I've never had an issue with bugs (specifically mosquitos) at WDW. In fact, I don't recall ever getting a single mosquito bite in the years I've been going to WDW... sunscreen though, bring LOTS of that...

Eric Graham

You always hear those stories about Disney having all these wild ways to control bugs at WDW... and apparently, they're all 100% correct. I've never had an issue with bugs (specifically mosquitos) at WDW. In fact, I don't recall ever getting a single mosquito bite in the years I've been going to WDW... sunscreen though, bring LOTS of that...
Don't they use ladybugs quite a bit? I've heard that.

monorail81

Deer flies are out in force right now. I have about 20 bites on my legs. They are large and painful welts. If you are susceptible to bug bites, bring the spray.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom