Budget to Remove Wand Approved for this Fall

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Kevin Yee reports today that the wand has cleared the final hurdle in its removal--it has received the budget to be taken down during fiscal year 2008, meaning by early next year (maybe by Christmas), we will have a Wandless Epcot.

Let the debate end!

brkgnews

:sohappy: :sohappy: w00t! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Having said that, the debate will not end. Everybody's going to doubt his sources, etc.

And everybody will claim it's going back up.

And so forth.

Lee? Corrus?

Spirit of 74? :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It's just beyond me why they won't officially announce it, if all this wand-be-gone info is legit...
there's no need to announce it. Disney does not announce demolisions. It gives guests the impression that they are losing out on something, which is not the idea here--Disney just announced replacements (like there was no press release for 20K leaving, but there was one for Pooh's playground).

WDWFigment

Kevin Yee reports today that the wand has cleared the final hurdle in its removal--it has received the budget to be taken down during fiscal year 2008, meaning by early next year (maybe by Christmas), we will have a Wandless Epcot.

Let the debate end!

No offense, but what does some dude performing on broadway in the Mary Poppins production know about the wand removal? (www.kevinyee.com) you really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to find sources here, dude. :hammer:

Okay, so I will admit, I didn't know who Kevin Yee is, so I did a google search, and that was the first site that came up. After going one result down, I saw the true source (at least I hope this is the source, not your broadway chum): http://www.miceage.com/kevinyee/ky061407c.htm

Great news!

But I wonder how many threads we'll see on this now? My guess is three other wand threads will be started today.

brkgnews

I'm I the only one who thinks Kevin's story rediculously underplayed the news? Regardless of which side you stand on, you have to admit that the wand has been a topic that has garnered a lot of attention among the online Disney world. So why bury that part of the story on page two?

Kind of reminds me of what the Sentinel did to Emily Bavar's first story. :lookaroun

haveyoumetmark

there's no need to announce it. Disney does not announce demolisions. It gives guests the impression that they are losing out on something, which is not the idea here--Disney just announced replacements (like there was no press release for 20K leaving, but there was one for Pooh's playground).
That's true. I just thought maybe, the wand being such a big deal and all.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
That's true. I just thought maybe, the wand being such a big deal and all.
I agree...it's just not the way Disney plays it--we might get a blurb about it in the Spaceship Earth press release in the fall, though. Though, knowing Disney, the Wand will already be gone by the time Disney mentions it.......

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Does the wand coming down have anything to do with Seimans taking over?
this may have more to do with the park's new VP, Jim MacPhee, than with Siemens. Last I heard, Siemens was somewhat neutral on the Wand (they weren't really fans but didn't hate it enough to pay for its removal), while Mr. MacPhee was adamant that it should leave because it detracts from the original spirit of Epcot. It will be interesting to find out (if we find out) who is paying for its removal--Disney is clearly kicking in some money, but I wonder if Siemens is paying anything. They have certainly paid enough toward the beautification of Epcot--it's about time Disney stepped in and threw some money at something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom