Bubble Boy

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A mother is blasting Disney for releasing Bubble Boy because it makes fun of people who have a immune defiency. She has sent letters to all these groups to boycott the movie. Why do morons like these have to go so far? If you think that it is insulting, then don't go see it!!! :mad: Don't persuade others to think that it is insulting in the process. Now a bad movie will do even worse.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The boy lives in a bubble because he has an immune defiencency. Those who have that sort of disease claim the movie is a real slap in the face to them.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
A mother is blasting Disney for releasing Bubble Boy because it makes fun of people who have a immune defiency. She has sent letters to all these groups to boycott the movie. Why do morons like these have to go so far? If you think that it is insulting, then don't go see it!!! :mad: Don't persuade others to think that it is insulting in the process. Now a bad movie will do even worse.

Don't you know Moose, people can't think for themselves these days. That's why we need people like this to tell us what we should watch, read and do.:mad:

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15

Moose I was just talkin about this with some one. You are too right!! Dont these ppl have anything better to do?!

The Mom

Premium Member
There have been much larger groups than the one mentioned who have been boycotting Disney for years. I didn't see the crowds and/or profits getting smaller until the economy started heading south. I won't see the movie because it looks like a bad movie, not because it MIGHT offend certain people. I don't think anyone at Disney intended to offend any groups, but nowadays you can't say anything without offending some one!! ;) Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean anything by it! ;)

dopey

from what i understand, this is supposed to be a comedy based on that john travolta movie in the 70s, which was already a pretty darn funny movie.

i love those 70s flicks. my all-time favorite 70s movie is "brian's song" (i believe eisner had a hand in greenlighting that sucker). i get all weepy thinking about the love between two football players, "pic" and "magic." then there was the one about the blind figure skater who trips when someone throws a rose onto the ice. hilarious! (if you're blind and you're reading this, i apologize.)

Goofster

Originally posted by dopey
then there was the one about the blind figure skater who trips when someone throws a rose onto the ice. hilarious! (if you're blind and you're reading this, i apologize.)

Ouch! lol

DisJosh

Originally posted by dopey
from what i understand, this is supposed to be a comedy based on that john travolta movie in the 70s, which was already a pretty darn funny movie.

i love those 70s flicks. my all-time favorite 70s movie is "brian's song" (i believe eisner had a hand in greenlighting that sucker). i get all weepy thinking about the love between two football players, "pic" and "magic." then there was the one about the blind figure skater who trips when someone throws a rose onto the ice. hilarious! (if you're blind and you're reading this, i apologize.)

Blind figure skaters are always the best source for something funny!

The Mom

Premium Member
I think people expected "Seinfeld" characters to be insensitive and uncaring; I suspect this person is upset because it was a Disney movie. If it was a Coen brothers movie, no one would have said anything. (of course, it would have been a better movie) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom