BTMRR Refurb This Spring?

awilliams4

There are NO common abbreviations for any Disney World Attraction and the person typing the simple question (you) was not so lazy and arrogant "as you are would have had no problem type" Big Mountain Thunder Rail Road ...... was that hard. I had to go through my memory taking the first letter of all the attractions before I realised what "SIMPLE"abbreviation the you were quoting. I will never visit these forums often enough to go around and type BMTRR and think that is cool. Once again arrogant to think many people visit these places (I did not even know until the second person posted there is more than one forum). How many forums do people need to cry about crowds, or talk about what Disney should build? Now if I remember right (I do not visit often), there is a news section for upcoming scheduled closing but I am sure the forum admin must of typed out Big Mountain Thunder Rail Road. They would not have better information since they do not work at Disney and from my experience the date attractions close are not set in stone. I go to Walt Disney World maybe once every 3 years..... if an attraction is closed, say oh well catch it next time.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/big-thunder-mountain-railroad.htm

It occurs to me if you can not type it should be BTMR not BTMRR

BTMRR is a common abbreviation. Being rude is more common.

awilliams4

Has there been any news on if BTMRR will be down for refurb this spring, especially in April? I have read conflicting information.

I have read that it will be closed beginning around the end of the Easter crowds until mid summer. I have read the 3rd lift is getting a cool upgrade.

wdwfan22

There are NO common abbreviations for any Disney World Attraction and the person typing the simple question (you) was not so lazy and arrogant "as you are would have had no problem type" Big Mountain Thunder Rail Road ...... was that hard. I had to go through my memory taking the first letter of all the attractions before I realised what "SIMPLE"abbreviation the you were quoting. I will never visit these forums often enough to go around and type BMTRR and think that is cool. Once again arrogant to think many people visit these places (I did not even know until the second person posted there is more than one forum). How many forums do people need to cry about crowds, or talk about what Disney should build? Now if I remember right (I do not visit often), there is a news section for upcoming scheduled closing but I am sure the forum admin must of typed out Big Mountain Thunder Rail Road. They would not have better information since they do not work at Disney and from my experience the date attractions close are not set in stone. I go to Walt Disney World maybe once every 3 years..... if an attraction is closed, say oh well catch it next time.

We have a real winner here

alhurricane

Original Poster
I have read that it will be closed beginning around the end of the Easter crowds until mid summer. I have read the 3rd lift is getting a cool upgrade.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound good for our likely April 10-17 trip. It is my little boys favorite ride by far. We will keep our fingers crossed, but will be prepared for it to be down.

I really appreciate you helping this OP get some answers about BTMRR. Later on, I might ask some questions about HS, AK, ToT, TSMM, and 7DMT. ;)

JourneysEnd

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound good for our likely April 10-17 trip. It is my little boys favorite ride by far. We will keep our fingers crossed, but will be prepared for it to be down.

I really appreciate you helping this OP get some answers about BTMRR. Later on, I might ask some questions about HS, AK, ToT, TSMM, and 7DMT. ;)
Or POFQ, PoC, CBJ, ;)

Den Carter

Wow - what a bitchy thread!

Back on topic, though... Great to hear BTMRR is getting a refurb (as long as it's finished by my visit in September!!). Any news on what work is being carried out on it? Hopefully nothing as extensive as the current work in Frontierland at DLP where BTM is closed for over a year!

Fox&Hound

So excited these effects are coming to Big Thunder!!!!

And OP, welcome to the boards! Every now and then you might encounter a rude individual, but I find these boards have some of the most welcoming and fun-loving Disney enthusiasts around! Glad you are here!

Matt_Black

And OP, welcome to the boards! Every now and then you might encounter a rude individual, but I find these boards have some of the most welcoming and fun-loving Disney enthusiasts around!

LittleMermaid_8.jpg

Just kidding.

Victor Kelly

Thanks everybody for the kind words and any information that you were able to share. I was so tempted to respond back and lash out, but it just wasn't worth it. I just truly hope that the poster doesn't really get that bent out of shape over such trivial matters in real life.

You don't have to reply to them, as you can see others will jump on them. Please keep coming back. BTW, I say BTMRR too. Welcome.

MrHappy

Damn Bro

Mr Anderson

The BTMRR is supposed to be what ? You go around the park and say the wait time for BTMRR is 45 minutes ?
Did the OP not learn to spell it out ? Maybe can not spell it out ?
For someone who has plenty of typing errors & grammatical errors contained within a very short reply, you sure are quick to jump to an insult. I hope you will be kinder to strangers in 2016.

@alhurricane Welcome to the forums! These days, it is tough to find a time to go to the parks that works for you & your family's schedule which does not include a refurb of a popular ride. It's tough (in a first world problems kind of way), but it makes you appreciate that ride even more when you return.

TBrooker11

The refurbishment begins on April 4 and the ride reopens on July 16.

As for the other matter in this thread. No common abbreviations at WDW? POTC? HM? MK? HS? AK? TSMM? Really? Most rides and parks have common abbreviations that aren't even that hard to figure out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom