News Bruce Vaughn Returns to Disney as Co-Lead of Walt Disney Imagineering

Indy_UK

Even if they were to go on a big spending spree at WDW, is the blue sky stuff that has been teased even that exciting?

I’d rather they went back to the Main Street theatre, Mary Poppins Attraction and expansions to Galaxy’s Edge/ Pandora rather than a Zootopia land with a single ride or Moana Log flume?

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Even if they were to go on a big spending spree at WDW, is the blue sky stuff that has been teased even that exciting?

I’d rather they went back to the Main Street theatre, Mary Poppins Attraction and expansions to Galaxy’s Edge/ Pandora rather than a Zootopia land with a single ride or Moana Log flume?
All please.

I do think the beyond thunder stuff could be really nice and a villains land is probably my highest desire from WDI. But I want them to give it the space and budget it deserves.

I think Moana is Disney's strongest "recent" movie (next to Frozen) to resonate in 20+ years and I think it could add a lot to AK with an aquatic focus and another water ride.

That said, expand Pandora too while it's still making 2+ billion per release.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey, that's not fair - Sometimes he wears a suit. ;)

(And I laughed WAY too hard at "sweatered weasel". 😂 )
Here’s the raw “guts” of it…

On 11/18/2022…the last day of dreaded Bob…the shares were at a low point of $91.08

Today under his excellency? $99.30

So..
1. A trained circus dog could prolly pull that off
2. Remember the fools round here who posted it was a “steal” at $160 in 2021? And it was REALLY a steal at $150??!

…they’re probably bankrupt now…haha…I laugh

bcoachable

And he destroyed budgets and timelines as part of a WDI culture that has resulted in LESS attractions in parks…underequipped parks…
Probably the real and most important talent in being a great Imagineer is being able to take what you dream, and sell it to the bean counters in order to get what is actually what you were dreaming….
Anyone can dream up really good blue sky stuff. There has to be balance…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Probably the real and most important talent in being a great Imagineer is being able to take what you dream, and sell it to the bean counters in order to get what is actually what you were dreaming….
Anyone can dream up really good blue sky stuff. There has to be balance…
It is what sklar always said it was: a-combination of art, engineering and storytelling

…but it has to balance in the business world and they’ve made missteps.

Joe fancies himself an artist…which is fine.
But nobody ever let him know that artists are supposed to be “starving” and have to produce to get their supper

RSoxNo1

Main Street Theater yes, that's much needed added capacity for MK.

The Mary Poppins attraction was not intending to be anything special. Everything we've heard was that it was a carousel or an Enchanted Tales with Belle level meet and greet. EPCOT needs improvements to it's existing lineup of attractions (SSE update, Imagination, Seas, Gran Fiesta Tour, Mission: SPACE)

I'm ok with the Moana log flume and redo, but Zootopia doesn't make sense. The reality is the park needs a family friendly dark ride in or around the Dinorama footprint and unless Zootopia was that ride, none of those are exactly what the park needs. Also Zootopia doesn't fit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm ok with the Moana log flume and redo, but Zootopia doesn't make sense. The reality is the park needs a family friendly dark ride in or around the Dinorama footprint and unless Zootopia was that ride, none of those are exactly what the park needs. Also Zootopia doesn't fit.
Frankly…that was all crap to try to gloss they had nothing planned and almost nothing under construction

A Hail Mary

Now if they actually hurry to do something like it based on that instead of thinking about the longterm needs?

Well then that’s more of a Statue of Liberty place. And Bob and tight pants are the statues.

SplashJacket

Encanto/Coco/Villains and expansions sound like a dream come true, not sure if they’ll build those properties, though.

Animaniac93-98

Encanto/Coco/Villains and expansions sound like a dream come true, not sure if they’ll build those properties, though.

The Beyond Big Thunder proposal not only sounds unlikely for WDW, but it also sounds like the kind of thing where Disney spends most of the budget just to do the necessary infrastructure work to make it happen and the actual lands/rides get cut down as a result.

Villains especially seems like the kind of thing that will never get built. Similar Villain proposals in the past have gone nowhere.

eddie104

He isn't an insider, he is a realist. He has the simple faith that until you see shovels and walls going vertical any rumor is just puff pastry. A whole lot of bread full of hot air.

I get it, he has seen this kind of hope time and time again. Still, he is perhaps more glass is broken and leaking then half full ;)
He is opinionated just like everybody else is on this board. Which is cool but I don’t necessarily agree with his views on things. Never said anything about shovels in the ground… I’m more referring to his general demeanor when it comes to topics concerning anything positive related to Disney.

SplashJacket

The Beyond Big Thunder proposal not only sounds unlikely for WDW, but it also sounds like the kind of thing where Disney spends most of the budget just to do the necessary infrastructure work to make it happen and the actual lands/rides get cut down as a result.

Villains especially seems like the kind of thing that will never get built. Similar Villain proposals in the past have gone nowhere.
I honestly care least about the potential for a Villains expansion, but regardless of practicality/execution, primarily was saying that those elements were exciting to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He is opinionated just like everybody else is on this board. Which is cool but I don’t necessarily agree with his views on things. Never said anything about shovels in the ground… I’m more referring to his general demeanor when it comes to topics concerning anything positive related to Disney.
You know what the real stink of it is?

My record is surprisingly accurate…and I hate it.

Not an “insider”…I have big problems with those. Not because I don’t believe People don’t know people - they certainly do - it’s that their sources don’t know they’re being manipulated from the boardroom. That’s how a business oligarchy works and Disney is that…at a minimum.

I just have a knack for reading the external factors and predicting how the “management” will play it. Decades of observation and a tad of experience. It’s not that hard…the same themes are repeated.

I missed big on the skyliner…I knew they’d try to plop a big, bad dvc on a moderate…but didn’t see cables in the heat and lightning ever being a “go”. Blew my mind 🤯

So I’m like Dennis Rodman…hate the game, not the player.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom