brown derby opinions?

aladdin2007

Original Poster
anyone been to the Brown Derby recently? Was looking at the menu but didn't think it looked as good as the previous menu. Just wondered if anyone had any recent thoughts/visits?

Richie248

anyone been to the Brown Derby recently? Was looking at the menu but didn't think it looked as good as the previous menu. Just wondered if anyone had any recent thoughts/visits?
I visit most every trip and it's one of my favorite TS restaurants. I usually order the scallop appetizer and the Cobb salad for my entree. If I have room you can't go wrong with the grapefruit cake.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I visit most every trip and it's one of my favorite TS restaurants. I usually order the scallop appetizer and the Cobb salad for my entree. If I have room you can't go wrong with the grapefruit cake.
Very similar to what my wife does, she'll usually order a few scallop appetizers for her meal and skip the entrees.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

We've eaten there 4 times since September and the food/service is still very good. We've been dining there for many years and the only thing really missing from the menu is any sort of Duck entree.

LittleMerman

I had only been to the lounge before but went to the actual restaurant in Feb this year. I thought the vibe was just okay but my bf really loved the old-school Hollywood vibe. We both thought the food was alright. I had the oyster brie soup for an app which was amazing. We each got the martini flight and really enjoyed those. I got the cobb salad and my bf got the chicken dish and we ordered some kind of mac n cheese gratin - they were just okay, which was disappointing. And then we wanted to try the grapefruit cake which was okay.

So basically, I really liked the drinks and my soup and that was it. I'm not dying to go back anytime soon. The food being just okay mixed with a lighter theme wasn't exciting to me.

valenrandy

Daughter and I went there for Fathers Day lunch a few weeks back and we had a great time. Service was excellent and the scallops were fantastic! As mentioned before the Margarita flight was delicious! I would recommend it in a heart beat.

Club Cooloholic

Was the worst with down meal we had. The food was ok, but service was atrocious. I will call it hit or miss as I saw plenty of other tables with good waitstaff, but our waitress was honestly one of the worst I had in a long time. We didn't have a drink, even water for about a half hour, and she never checked on us, I think we saw her when she took the drink order after we sat for 15 minutes, then once more for the actual order another 15 minutes after that and finally when we asked for the check(someone else actually brought our food).

Hockey89

Was the worst with down meal we had. The food was ok, but service was atrocious. I will call it hit or miss as I saw plenty of other tables with good waitstaff, but our waitress was honestly one of the worst I had in a long time. We didn't have a drink, even water for about a half hour, and she never checked on us, I think we saw her when she took the drink order after we sat for 15 minutes, then once more for the actual order another 15 minutes after that and finally when we asked for the check(someone else actually brought our food).
I have lived this.... The food is fine at best.... I wish it was better bc I like the feel of "old" Hollywood....

Club Cooloholic

I have lived this.... The food is fine at best.... I wish it was better bc I like the feel of "old" Hollywood....
They probably lost another $75 because we would have had another round of drinks and desserts, easy, bur no way I was going to wait another half hour for a Negroni.

To us its not as good as Le Cellier, we always feel its a bit pricey for what we got.
I guess it all depends on what food you order and who happens to be preparing it that day, but we've come to the opposite conclusion: Le Cellier is not as good as it was and we've stopped booking it, but the Brown Derby is a place we still dine every trip.

GeoDonJac34

They recently removed the burger from the menu which is a shame. It was one of the best I ever had. We always avoided the place until a couple years ago, during a driving rain storm, we were able to grab an instant reservation. It had become a regular lunch spot. probably not any more.

danyoung56

The food was ok, but service was atrocious. I will call it hit or miss as I saw plenty of other tables with good waitstaff, but our waitress was honestly one of the worst I had in a long time...

I've had many fine meals at the Brown Derby, but one time I did have a lousy waitress. Stuff took forever, and she wasn't at all busy - you would see her chatting with the bartender. Drinks came out watered down cuz they'd been sitting there with the ice melting, no fork for one of the meals and it took 10 minutes to get one, etc. a nice hour long meal took 2 1/2 hours cuz she was so awful!

I've been back since, and never saw her again . . . . .

CynBeth

We have lunch there every trip. I always get the Cobb salad and grapefruit cake. We were last there in November and it was just as wonderful as it always has been.

Hcalvert

They recently removed the burger from the menu which is a shame. It was one of the best I ever had. We always avoided the place until a couple years ago, during a driving rain storm, we were able to grab an instant reservation. It had become a regular lunch spot. probably not any more.
Same for us. We had several lunch reservations for our trip last month, which were made before the change. In the past, my husband raved about the burger and I really like the cobb salad. We ended up cancelling all the reservations we had because of the menu deletion. We ended up at Sci-Fi instead and their new salad was really good. I did miss the cobb salad though.

Prince-1

I guess it all depends on what food you order and who happens to be preparing it that day, but we've come to the opposite conclusion: Le Cellier is not as good as it was and we've stopped booking it, but the Brown Derby is a place we still dine every trip.

This is what is wrong with Disney. Great signature restaurants should be great EVERY time you go and should not be dependent on the cook that day. Perhaps someone may get a slightly overcooked steak but that should hardly ever happen. Unfortunately the days of getting really good food at Disney are long gone.

jpinkc

This is what is wrong with Disney. Great signature restaurants should be great EVERY time you go and should not be dependent on the cook that day. Perhaps someone may get a slightly overcooked steak but that should hardly ever happen. Unfortunately the days of getting really good food at Disney are long gone.
Unfortunately true as a Foodie my wife really laments this!! It has dropped so much in the last 10-12 years, its unbelievable. Places we always had good meals at are now meh at best (as of 2021 Thanksgiving). We were disappointed with all but 2 meals. 50's Primetime was still good, and Octoberfest was good this time, time before that it was meh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom