Brother Bear Meet & Greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Just saw Brother Bear and think it was probably the best animated movie yet. To me, I liked it better than Nemo, Lilo & Sticth, and Lion King. Anyone know if the characters will be at the parks, or have a meet and greet anytime soon? Almost all the characters in this movie were wonderful.

I especially liked Rutt & Tuke. They sound just like characters on an old Second City show called Bob & Doug McKinsie who hosted The Great White North. Does anyone know if these voices are the same people who played the Mckinsie brothers?

I think this movie will become a classic. The storyline was well done, the animation was stunning and you go through the whole range of emotions from laughing to crying and everything inbetween. BTW I am 43, my wife 38, no children, but we sometimes borrow nieces and nephews and take them to the movies.

Ricky

meeko_33785

Kenai and Koda are currently doing meet and greets in Camp Minnie-Mickey at AK and in the garden in the Canada Pavillion at EPCOT.

Sir Hiss527

Yea have they already been in progess of making the costumes for the characters? Btw. Rick Morannis is one of the moose's. I don't know the other guy. I havn't seen the movie, but if you said it was better then "Nemo" it must be good.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by epcotisbest
Just saw Brother Bear and think it was probably the best animated movie yet. To me, I liked it better than Nemo, Lilo & Sticth, and Lion King. Anyone know if the characters will be at the parks, or have a meet and greet anytime soon? Almost all the characters in this movie were wonderful.

I especially liked Rutt & Tuke. They sound just like characters on an old Second City show called Bob & Doug McKinsie who hosted The Great White North. Does anyone know if these voices are the same people who played the Mckinsie brothers?

I think this movie will become a classic. The storyline was well done, the animation was stunning and you go through the whole range of emotions from laughing to crying and everything inbetween. BTW I am 43, my wife 38, no children, but we sometimes borrow nieces and nephews and take them to the movies.

Ricky

Yes it is the McKinise brothers who do the voices (Rick Morannis, and the other guy who was on Grace under Fire and a number of other shows, but never gets top billing.) I am disapointed the Rutt and Tuke were not in it more, and I see spin offs like the Timon and Pumba shows. Do you remember the old McKinise brother movies Ah? I am old enough to remember them, my brothers thought they were funny, but my mom didn't want me to see them (did anyway.)

Speaking of Timon and Pumba. My 2 year old DD was eating "Mud and Bugs" ceral, the other day and said "Look mom, it is Tuna-Moon and a cotta." Her version of Timon and Pumba. I thought it was cute.

mkepcotmgmak

i haven't seen it... but i remember that Dave Thomas was from Grace Under Fire (not wendy's dave either) lol -- OMG - i so just remembered that he died.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
i haven't seen it... but i remember that Dave Thomas was from Grace Under Fire (not wendy's dave either) lol -- OMG - i so just remembered that he died.

OK, I have confrimed my info with Mr. PhD (the real PhD in this family) He is the expert on useless info. Anyway he agrees, it is Dave Thomas. Except he isn't dead, but the Wendy's guy is. (so sad.)

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Just saw it....and sorry, I expected more out of Disney. It certainly wasnt a Beauty and the Beast or a Little Mermaid, but it was okay. Personally, I thought it to be too violent. Too much killing....I dont think it to appropriate for smaller ones who might get scared of such violence or killing of animals...they may not understand the meaning behind the movie as us adults would.
JMO....I give it a C+.

PS....What does Phil Collins do songs for ALL disney movies now...dont get me wrong, I like him...but enough already.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by KevinPage
Mia,

Your bald and have a mustache?

LOL...no that is a pic of Peter Gabriel.....duh. :)

Hey KevinPage, do you have web feet and a orange bill?

KevinPage

That's Peter Gabriel? Very disturbing. I thought he had sprouts coming out of his head and his body made of bread, the last time I saw him.

"I wanna be, your high fiber"

BTW, my wife got a chuckle out of your post

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by KevinPage
That's Peter Gabriel? Very disturbing. I thought he had sprouts coming out of his head and his body made of bread, the last time I saw him.

"I wanna be, your high fiber"

BTW, my wife got a chuckle out of your post

You must have him confused with PITA Gabriel....LOL That is his brother.....scams royalties from his brother PETER's work. You know how relatives can be....i.e. Scrooge McDuck...Huey, Louie and that other one....whats his name. :confused:

aim

I have not seen Brother Bear yet. But I did get to see the characters. Enjoy! :wave:

Attachments

• brotherbear2.jpg
    brotherbear2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 108

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ohhhhhhhhhhhh canada!!!

Attachments

• ec-koda_kenai.jpg
    ec-koda_kenai.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 110

BwanaBob

Re: Re: Brother Bear Meet & Greet?

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Yes it is the McKinise brothers who do the voices (Rick Morannis, and the other guy who was on Grace under Fire and a number of other shows, but never gets top billing.) I am disapointed the Rutt and Tuke were not in it more, and I see spin offs like the Timon and Pumba shows. Do you remember the old McKinise brother movies Ah? I am old enough to remember them, my brothers thought they were funny, but my mom didn't want me to see them (did anyway.)

"Strange Brew"

A cult classic!

"Take-off, eh?!"

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Yes, Bob and Doug Mckinsie (Rick Moranis & Dave Thomas) from The Great White North on Second City. A special thank you for the pictures of the characters and the link to the Mckinsie Brother's homepage. I haven't thought about these guys in a long time. They have a crazy Christmas song, their unique version of The Twelve Days of Christmas....ranks right up there with Stairway to Heaven.
;)

Ricky

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Brother Bear Meet & Greet?

Originally posted by BwanaBob
"Strange Brew"

A cult classic!

"Take-off, eh?!"

Koo-ookookooo Koo-ookookoo!! Good Day Aye!

Eye spy......

A tree! Oh Aye! Your good.

Hoof off Aye.....

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Beauty!

I forgot to mention the soundtrack. I was a bit tired of Elton John, and still enjoy Phil Collins and the lyrics were great. These are my favorites:

No Way Out
On My Way
Great Spirits - Tina Turner
Welcome - The Blind Boys Of Alabama

I am going to have to buy this soundtrack and listen to it on my way down in December.

27 Days 6 Hrs 20 Mins 40 Secs

Ricky

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by epcotisbest
Beauty!

I forgot to mention the soundtrack. I was a bit tired of Elton John, and still enjoy Phil Collins and the lyrics were great. These are my favorites:

No Way Out
On My Way
Great Spirits - Tina Turner
Welcome - The Blind Boys Of Alabama

I am going to have to buy this soundtrack and listen to it on my way down in December.

27 Days 6 Hrs 20 Mins 40 Secs

Ricky

Hey the Blind Boys are on that sound track?!?!?!

They opened and played with Peter Gabriel in his tour last year....they are AWESOME!! What inspiration...have you heard their rendition of Amazing Grace?!?!

:D

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Yes, Blind Boys are on the soundtrack. An excellent song.

Their version of Amazing Grace, off the Spirit of the Century CD is wild. Who would have thought to sing it to the tune of House of the Rising Sun? My first reaction was that it sounds kinda odd, but somehow it works.
Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom