Brining my CD Player

Lynx04

imagineer99 said:
another question I pose:

Who still listens to a CD player? I haven't used a portable CD player since 2000. MP3 is the way to go.
I do, it is manly because of the content I do. Don't get me wrong mp3 player are great. It is just when you make your own mixes of music you don't want to have pauses between tracks and I haven't found a MP3 player that wont give pauses between tracks. But then again haven't really been looking either.

clermont

Original Poster
sorry guys I did not want to sound rude, just that i hate going when tourist go, since I have braids and wear a doo-rag to cover them, tourist automatically label me as a "thug" and look at me crazy, and get smart remarks,so bringing my cd player I want have to hear them

sorry guys :(

Testtrack321

clermont said:
sorry guys I did not want to sound rude, just that i hate going when tourist go, since I have braids and wear a doo-rag to cover them, tourist automatically label me as a "thug" and look at me crazy, and get smart remarks,so bringing my cd player I want have to hear them

Do you think a CD player will help? Nah, just act nice and helpful man, turists can be , I know myself. :)

Sledge

Account Suspended
clermont said:

I hear you about being labeled. I get some weird looks when I have a doo-rag on and a ring in my eyebrow. I was just standing in line PotC and had one guy in the line next to me tell me that I needed to go to a Marilyn Manson concert instead because families didn't want to see "that trash" at Disney. I didn't have on a bad shirt or anything. It was actually just a white collar shirt. Now whenever I go to Disney I take all the piercings out and wear long sleeve shirts sometimes (talk about uncomfotable) to cover the tattoos since I don't want people to feel uncomfortable around me. I don't get why people are like that. I'm not even gothic or anything. I listen to mostly country, jazz and classic rock. :lol: I don't take it to WDW though. When I am there I want strictly Disney music. :)

Lynx04

clermont said:

Sledge said:
I hear you about being labeled. I get some weird looks when I have a doo-rag on and a ring in my eyebrow. I was just standing in line PotC and had one guy in the line next to me tell me that I needed to go to a Marilyn Manson concert instead because families didn't want to see "that trash" at Disney. I didn't have on a bad shirt or anything. It was actually just a white collar shirt. Now whenever I go to Disney I take all the piercings out and wear long sleeve shirts sometimes (talk about uncomfotable) to cover the tattoos since I don't want people to feel uncomfortable around me. I don't get why people are like that. I'm not even gothic or anything. I listen to mostly country, jazz and classic rock. :lol: I don't take it to WDW though. When I am there I want strictly Disney music. :)
Unfortunately, we live in the land of the free, but not the land of the tolerant. Hey what can you do. If I were you I wouldn't take your CD player just to tune out the predjudice. You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself because some people can't stand in line and keep there mouth shut about other people, cause the don't dress to what they consider their standards. If they think you apperence is dispicable, then their manners are dispicable for being rude enough to broadcast it to you or the next guy. If you appearence is not suitable for Disney, then Disney will let you know at the front gate.

Sorry, I just have thing against intolerance.

tigger248

clermont said:

I'm sorry to hear that people act that way towards you. People shouldn't make assumptions like that on someone that they don't even know. Prejudiceness (is that a word?) is totally wrong, unacceptable, and uncalled for. Just be yourself. If someone wants to label you under stereotypes, then they're not much of a person. It's their loss, because they're the ones missing out on possible friendships by writing off people who may look different from them. You should never have to listen to a cd to block out the comments that shouldn't be there in the first place. I know it's probably hard, but try to just ignore them. Ignorant and intolerant people are not worth worrying about.

As to the original question asked? I know I love the disney music and it really adds to the atmosphere, so I probably wouldn't take a cd player into the parks themselves. The music is one of many things that really lets me know that I'm at Disney.

barnum42

clermont said:

:wave: Apology accepted :D: Such opinions of narrow minded people are not worth fretting over.

Here's an idea to consider - insted of blocking them out, talk to these people. A cheery "hello, where are you from?" "This your first visit to Disney" "What you looking forward to?" etc may just educate them that their jumping to conclusions means they miss out on getting to know how wrong they are. Sure you will get some idiots that will block you out regardless, but you may just give a few people a surprise.

My folks used to run a pub in bath, some of the customers were hard core goths and punks - two groups that the average folk would bypass, but once the "normal" customers started to talk to them they discovered them to be regular folks like everyone else, and so they all became regulars.

DisJosh

I deal with peoples preconcieved notions of what kind of person I am every day simply because of the piercings in my face. I work at a frame shop and have to deal with rude customers regularly. Initially I'll get an odd look but for the most part after seeing how well I do my job and that I'm there to help them they walk away happy and come back asking for me. Unfortunately in a situation like waiting in a line at WDW people don't usually get the time to see that you're more than whatever things they may percieve as weird going on, on the outside.

Rather than drowning out the Disney experience with headphones just ignore them or ask them kindly not to speak about you. Let them know you hear them. Do it kindly, it will embaress the hell out of them. :D

meatloafsfan

On a more logistical note...

Are you planning to bringing a backpack or other bag? Will someone else be able to hold it while you are going on the rides? Will you be with others in your group or family who may feel slighted because you are ignoring them?

Anything I plan to bring into the parks I know I have to carry on the rides with me, and my mom and dad would be very offended if while walking around the parks I wore headphones and ignored them.

DisJosh

meatloafsfan said:
On a more logistical note...

Are you planning to bringing a backpack or other bag? Will someone else be able to hold it while you are going on the rides? Will you be with others in your group or family who may feel slighted because you are ignoring them?

Anything I plan to bring into the parks I know I have to carry on the rides with me, and my mom and dad would be very offended if while walking around the parks I wore headphones and ignored them.

Teenagers don't need headphones to ignore their parents. I should know I was one for years and never needed the aid of headphones. :p ;)

brich

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at this thread. Just when I think I've read it all, this pops up. Ok all you Disney OGs. Keep it up, your making my day.

Just an FYI. It's not so much the dreads or the braids or the doo rags or the piercings. It's the way you carry yourself. You start acting all thug and that's how you will be perceived. Take a few minutes to turn off the music and start a conversation with someone that's looking at you strange. You'll be amazed at how much more entertaining it is. Jeesh, I just didn't realize how cool and tough it is to go hang with Mickey Mouse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DisJosh

brich said:
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at this thread. Just when I think I've read it all, this pops up. Ok all you Disney OGs. Keep it up, your making my day.

Just an FYI. It's not so much the dreads or the braids or the doo rags or the piercings. It's the way you carry yourself. You start acting all thug and that's how you will be perceived. Take a few minutes to turn off the music and start a conversation with someone that's looking at you strange. You'll be amazed at how much more entertaining it is. Jeesh, I just didn't realize how cool and tough it is to go hang with Mickey Mouse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're no better than the people in the line who might disaprove of this kid. All you're doing is mocking him(and anyone else in his situation). You're stereotyping and assuming he carries him self in the way you percieve someone with his musical taste and style of dress to carry them self. While it may be true of him you are in no place to make that assumption.

TheOneVader

clermont said:
I dont want ot sound "cocky" but my Gramps retired from disney and we can go whenever we want but we only go during Chrimas Decorations, I have been there for 15 years, since I was just born. I personally love to jam my rap music and I WILL not MIGHT, I will jam my cd player on the monorail, train, and ride lines, if you dont like Ja Rule, 50 Cent or G-Unit stay away from me, b/c Igot good headphones where even if I put it on low people close to me still might hear it.:xmas:

You should really turn that music down. Disney is a family place, and I've heard some of Ja Rule and 50 Cent, and they're not really family friendly songs...

brich

All you're doing is mocking him
Was not my intention.
You're stereotyping and assuming he carries him self in the way you percieve someone with his musical taste and style of dress to carry them self.
You are so far from the truth on this one. You have no idea who I am first of all. I'm a 30 something father of 2 young kids who happens to own cds, listen to and like 50 Cent, Manson, Eminem, Ja Rule etc. If there is one thing I learned growing up it was to respect others for who they are and not what I think they should be. So to come on a Disney board and boast of playing his music so that those around can enjoy, maybe a touch of maturity and respect for others on his part is in order.

While it may be true of him you are in no place to make that assumption.
But my friend, feel free to make assumptions about me. After all, your proud that you ignore your parents, so why would you understand a word like contradiction?

Why do I even bother posting on such ridiculous threads? :brick: :zipit: :veryconfu :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom