Bringing snacks into parks

jazzinator

Thanks for the Bobble (self-filtering water bottle) suggestion. I picked up a few for our upcoming trip and am pleased with reviews for it.

Communicore

I see people who bring in carry-on size suitcases with wheels filled with meals and drinks. I even saw some who brought in a mini rice cooker with cooked rice and they were eating inside Electric Umbrella.

JIMINYCR

Since I'm a local, I must be immune to this "horrific" tasting water. Whats it taste like?

First thing I thought of was "Well certainly better than Beverly" :ROFLOL: Not only is the taste bad but it's hard to find a water fountain that has any coolness to them and the water pressure is so low that the height of the water is low making it difficult to fill a water bottle. We always bring our own packets of Kool Aid with us to add to the water to help cover the taste.

SleepingMonk

I see people who bring in carry-on size suitcases with wheels filled with meals and drinks. I even saw some who brought in a mini rice cooker with cooked rice and they were eating inside Electric Umbrella.

Yes indeed.

Judging by last week at Magic Kingdom, nothing is prohibited now.

So pack up your largest conestoga wagon sized stroller with as much food, spare clothing, game systems, blankets, pillows, and other provisions as your daunting trek across the dangerous theme park prairie demand.

Don't worry about clogging store aisles, smashing toes and ankles or making theme parks look like parking lots.

It's all about you baby!

Communicore

First thing I thought of was "Well certainly better than Beverly" :ROFLOL: Not only is the taste bad but it's hard to find a water fountain that has any coolness to them and the water pressure is so low that the height of the water is low making it difficult to fill a water bottle. We always bring our own packets of Kool Aid with us to add to the water to help cover the taste.

I am a local and I am definitely not immune to the nastified water. I am surprised Cosmic's and others continue to provide the unfiltered water if someone asks for ice water, unlike say Sunshine Seasons or the DHS pizza joint, which use the filtered kind. The water fountains are definitely gross and there is definitely low pressure.

minniemickeyfan

Yes indeed.

So pack up your largest conestoga wagon sized stroller with as much food, spare clothing, game systems, blankets, pillows, and other provisions as your daunting trek across the dangerous theme park prairie demand.

Don't worry about clogging store aisles, smashing toes and ankles or making theme parks look like parking lots.

It's all about you baby!

And don't forgot the ipad which lately I have seen people bringing:confused:

mnagel55

Yes indeed.

It's all about you baby!

LOL Thats hilarious. Thanks for starting the thread. We usually get up, head out for breakfast and THEN make our way to the parks. This time I am trying to convince my gang to head straight to the park before and enjoy b-fast there will a 'picnic breakfast". I thought it would be a nice start just to watch everyone come in, in the morning. Now just to plan WHERE to eat. Thanks

Timekeeper

I think it tastes like sulpher and chlorine.

You could also get one of these and fill it with water from the self serve soda fountains.

http://wdwprince.com/?p=4163

Those work well for filling up on free Coke at Ice Station Cool at Epcot, since they are flexible bags that fit below the shortened dispensers. :sohappy:

I still prefer the filtering bottles, though, because the self-serve soda fountains are just too few and far between when compared to water fountains in the parks. And the more infrequently I am able to fill up, the more water I'll have to keep in the bottle and the more weight I'll be carrying around.

Not that we should care, but I'm sure that there are some other guests who assume that someone holding a blue bag-bottle up to a soda fountain is probably "stealing" soda instead of toggling the water lever :lookaroun

Raven66

We always bring snacks in. I make trail mix and separate it into individual baggies. I actually brought fruit snacks in once. They melted into one big fruit snack, so I won't be doing that again. :lookaroun I also divided ice tea mix into portions for 20 ounce bottles. So we would buy a bottle of water drink it and then fill it at a fountain and add the ice tea. Worked great!

MissM

Oh, you probably do not want to know. Smells like eggs, tastes horrible! This happened when I visited someone in Florida for Easter once.
But I'll stick to bottled water, thank you...

I don't understand how anyone - local or not - can't tell our water is gross. I've lived here 25 years and there's no way I'll drink Florida tap water. Grew up drinking the tap water in PA no problem but down here...GROSS! :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom