Bringing snacks in luggage

MaryMcMagic

I always pack an extra suitcase full of snacks for our trips to WDW--it saves money and we use the extra space on the way back home for all our souvenirs. I can't remember if I've done this in the past and was successful, so I'm asking--How do juice boxes/pouches hold up in checked luggage? I'm not worried about ruining clothes or anything, just wondering if its worth the effort. Also, how about a bottle of liquid non-dairy creamer...? Any thoughts on if it would hold up? Thanks a million in advance!

disneygirl1

I always pack an extra suitcase full of snacks for our trips to WDW--it saves money and we use the extra space on the way back home for all our souvenirs. I can't remember if I've done this in the past and was successful, so I'm asking--How do juice boxes/pouches hold up in checked luggage? I'm not worried about ruining clothes or anything, just wondering if its worth the effort. Also, how about a bottle of liquid non-dairy creamer...? Any thoughts on if it would hold up? Thanks a million in advance!

I'd me a little nervous with the liquids... Airlines are so cautious these days. Have you considered shipping a box to your resort ahead of time? We did this is December and it works perfectly. It was there when we checked in. It was very cheap to do so too.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Considering how much airlines are charging for extra luggage, you're probably better off either shipping a box of snacks ahead or using a market that delivers to WDW like Gardengrocer.com

Upvote 0
I was kinda wondering the same thing ..... with factory sealed water bottles. I am not worried about the extra luggage as we are flying Southwest and there is no fee for bags and we are allowed 4 between the 2 of us. Now I am not talking a case of water, just maybe 6 or 8 bottles or so, nothing to push the weight limit. Has anyone tried checking something like that? Wondering how it would hold up to the pressure changes.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

I have packed water bottles before with no problem flying Southwest. I just put no more than 6 in a suitcase and it was fine and still way under the weight limit. I figured if it were too heavy, I could just pull out some bottles and unfortunately throw them away.

To the Original Poster: Can't say I have ever done juice drinks, if you do I would put in a ziploc bag or two incase they leaked. Of course Capri Sun's might do okay if you leave them in their box.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We throw a few water bottles into each suitcase and some in our snack luggage and it works out just fine. Pressure in the cabins didn't matter. For the kids, we just bought juice at the resorts and put into sippy cups with some ice to stay cool.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

I always do juice boxes and have never once had a problem. I don't even pack them in the middle- usually at the bottom. I do put them in a ziploc bag just in case though.
I've also traveled with applesauce cups and fruit cups and have never had a problem with them as well. I'd put anything liquid in a ziploc just in case.

*I should note that I travel with my clothing in those aerobags that compress the air out of them, so if anything should leak, my clothes are in a second layer of plastic and are still safe.

Upvote 0

trylon57

By all means you should ship those items UPS to your resort several days before your arrival. Include the name the reservation is under,along with the date of your arrival , on the package. We did this for our trip to Pop Century this past October. Coca-Cola, Seltzer Water, cereal, pop-corn, chips, etc. waiting for us at check-in. We borrowed a cart from the luggage handlers outside the front door, and rolled the box to our room. Well worth the cost of shipping and you can't beat the convenience!

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

By all means you should ship those items UPS to your resort several days before your arrival. Include the name the reservation is under,along with the date of your arrival , on the package. We did this for our trip to Pop Century this past October. Coca-Cola, Seltzer Water, cereal, pop-corn, chips, etc. waiting for us at check-in. We borrowed a cart from the luggage handlers outside the front door, and rolled the box to our room. Well worth the cost of shipping and you can't beat the convenience!
Well some of us on here who work for USPS, would suggest the postal service for delivery. :)
Actually I would suggest a delivery service. gardengrocer is fantastic.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

UPS shipping prices have been on the rise. We even considered shipping our luggage (since it used to be cheaper), but it is now pricier than paying airline luggage fees. You may break even depending on how much you plan on taking. You might also consider having groceries delivered with these items.

A side note, be careful what you bring into FL. They are usually fine with packaged goods, but I know some people have tried stuffing fresh fruit in bags only to find it gone. FL has some very strict quarantine regulations to help protect the orange crops and other produce from certain bugs and parasites- I don't know how it all works, but best to be cautious.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom