Bring over one attraction from Disneyland (and where you would put it)

BigDlover

Original Poster
If you could bring over one current attraction from Disneyland / DCA in Cali to WDW, which would it be and where would it go?

I would choose the Incredicoaster! I love that ride. It's a great coaster, even for coaster standards (not just Disney coasters lol). The only place it really makes sense would be Hollywood Studios!

Heppenheimer

Indiana Jones ride and put it in DHS.
I agree that Indiana Jones is the obvious answer. If space allowed, I'd like to see it in Adventureland, but the fact that you can't dig very deep in Florida probably limits the possibilities there.

Hollywood Studios would be my second choice. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular has probably outlived its novelty, so put it right there, if possible.

Keep it out of Animal Kingdom, though! I know that Disney cares much less about thematic unity than previously, but unless the storyline of the attraction is significantly changed to involve more animals, it really doesn't fit there.

Worldlover71

Indiana Jones in Adventureland is my first choice. Others I would love are Radiator Springs Racers which I would place in the Studios where the stunt show is now, and Roger Rabbit either in Fantasyland (needs more dark rides) or on Sunset Blvd in the Studios.
I know lots of people don't like "cloning" attractions, but most people only ever visit one resort so will never have a chance to experience certain attractions. There are things in the French and Asian parks that I would love to see but probably never will.

danyoung56

The rides themselves are nowhere near alike except for the launch.

They are both more or less traditional coasters - basically the same ride system. No way does it make sense to have 2 traditional coasters in the same park. Look at DL - Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space - 3 totally different ride systems, so it makes sense for them all to live in the same park.

JustAFan

I would put Radiator Springs Raceway in Hollywood Studios. Great ride.

I love the Indiana Jones movies and the stunt show at HS, but I don't get the big deal with the Disneyland ride. To me, the story line seemed disjointed and hard to follow. It felt like a bumpy jeep ride with some good theming.

Kamikaze

They are both more or less traditional coasters - basically the same ride system. No way does it make sense to have 2 traditional coasters in the same park. Look at DL - Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space - 3 totally different ride systems, so it makes sense for them all to live in the same park.

So all steel tube coasters are the same? Thats not even close to being correct.

drizgirl

They feel like very similar experiences to me. I love them both and have done both countless times. I just don't think they would need to be in the same park.

JIMINYCR

Definitely bring in the Indiana Jones ride. Put it in DHS by removing the stale Indy stunt show. Because youd have plenty of extra room you could add other Indiana Jones themed items from the other movies.

Imagineer45

Matterhorn to a new Switzerland pavilion at Epcot.

I'll add other global Disney resorts as well.
Tokyo: Sinbad's to Morocco
Paris: Ratatouille to France Crush's Coaster to The Seas
Hong Kong: Mystic Manor to Adventureland
Shanghai: Tron to Tomorrowland or Future World Rex's Racer to Toy Story Land

Raineman

Matterhorn World Showcase.
The Matterhorn Bobsleds looks like a great ride and I think it would hit great somewhere in The World Showcase in Epcot.
I think they could basically clone the Matterhorn ride system and track layout, but place it in the Japan pavilion, so that we could finally have the Mt. Fuji coaster that had been rumored a long time ago.

PiratesMansion

Storybook. If you can figure out how to adapt it to deal with the humidity, it would have been a great way to bring some more charm to Fantasyland and they already had water sitting there after they got rid of the subs. They could have done the cable-driven, driverless, spiel-less Paris version to cut costs.

Is it the best DLR exclusive attraction? Not by a long shot. But I think it would improve the atmosphere immeasurably, moreso than most things you could bring over.

The actual best attraction not at WDW, however, would be Indy. They could built a Latin America-themed area to Animal Kingdom, bring in cool rainforest animals and plants, and set the ride inside an abandoned Mayan temple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom