Bring 'em to DAK!

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
When I was at the DLR, i watched the parade of dreams, and there was a REALLY cool Rhino walking with the Lion King Parade, and I started thinking, why just have Disney characters to take pics with at DAK? Have some 'animals' roaming around to take pics with! This Rhino (two person deal) was really neat to watch, and would look great roaming around DAK!

Rhino at Disneyland

surfsupdon

mkepcotmgmak said:
When I was at the DLR, i watched the parade of dreams, and there was a REALLY cool Rhino walking with the Lion King Parade, and I started thinking, why just have Disney characters to take pics with at DAK? Have some 'animals' roaming around to take pics with! This Rhino (two person deal) was really neat to watch, and would look great roaming around DAK!

Totally agree! That's what makes MGM so much fun b/c of the characters they create for Streetmosphere, and at MK with the Mayor and other town dwellers.

I remember seeing these crazy stilt animals at the entrance to AK back in 2000, and I'd rather a picture with them (something creative) than the thousandth picture with Chip and Dale. Seeing something different goes a long way!

Sapphire

I was just at DLR this past weekend and took this pic of the Rhino...
012_14A.jpg

EDIT: :confused: well that apparently didnt work... I tried :eek:

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Picture of Rhino from Disneyland

Donnie,

That's such a great point!

It's great to see the Disney characters at the parks, but after a week long vacation, it's not that exciting to see the same characters over and over at every park... but the streetmosphere characters are by FAR my favorite on property!

Having the "non-Disney" characters out is adding extra magic! Not everything in the parks has to be based on a cartoon character. Walt didn't have it that way when he built the parks!

Having the these "animals" roaming DAK would add so much to the atmosphere! Every picture I see with Lucky, there is a crowd just staring at him. Now I know that is mostly to do with the technology that brought Lucky to us, but having the animals would really add to the magic!

surfsupdon

OH WOW!!

I would totally get a picture with that beast than a generic Disney character. Imagine the other possibilities--giraffes and zebras, so cool! They look really neat, and would be cool roaming certain areas of AK. Disney could even include them in their "attraction count." :lookaroun

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
surfsupdon said:
OH WOW!!

I would totally get a picture with that beast than a generic Disney character. Imagine the other possibilities--giraffes and zebras, so cool! They look really neat, and would be cool roaming certain areas of AK. Disney could even include them in their "attraction count." :lookaroun

and the rhino blinks and moves his mouth too!!!

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
cowboibabyy said:
That rhino is awesome...I wonder how long it will be until he is walking around like Lucky??

i'm not for sure, but i don't think this rhino is completely new. I remember hearing the creator of the parade say that they "BROUGHT THE RHINO BACK" and in the context, i think he was used in the lion king parade at DL...??? not for sure though...

pilka214

Yah bring the animals to dak. i am tired of safari mickey and minnie. they get a lil borin after a whil. i have to signatures for the safari micky and they dont match.... it just doesnt work
:p

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
pilka214 said:
Yah bring the animals to dak. i am tired of safari mickey and minnie. they get a lil borin after a whil. i have to signatures for the safari micky and they dont match.... it just doesnt work
:p

well, i wouldn't go as far as saying that it doesn't work... i'm sure that safari mickey's line would always be twice as long as a rhino... but the rhino would be that extra 'added magic'.

barnum42

Sapphire said:
no, just on my computer...i tried to copy and paste it into my response
Only paying members can do that. If you wish to share photos you need to upload it to an on-line album and link to it there. You have a small one as a member of these boards, there is a link to it at the top of the page :wave:

stitchlvr

I remember the rhino from the Lion King parade, which was at Disneyland in 1995 and 1996. I LOVED the Lion King parade! It is my 2nd favorite parade of all times, with The Main Street Electrical Parade in the #1 spot.

I believe some of the floats used in the Festival of the Lion King are from the Lion King parade.

Did the Lion King parade ever run in WDW?

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
stitchlvr said:
I remember the rhino from the Lion King parade, which was at Disneyland in 1995 and 1996. I LOVED the Lion King parade! It is my 2nd favorite parade of all times, with The Main Street Electrical Parade in the #1 spot.

I believe some of the floats used in the Festival of the Lion King are from the Lion King parade.

not 100% sure, but I think there was a Lion King parade at MK. The new puppets they use for DL's Parade of Dreams (of Simba and Nala) are just that... BRAND NEW, and amazingly lifelike!

Fantasmic!329

They could even bring on some of the technology (if you could even call it technoology) from the Lion King on Broadway.
BTW for anyone in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area- if you are anywhere near NYC, GO SEE LION KING!!! It is excellent!

Sapphire

barnum42 said:
Only paying members can do that. If you wish to share photos you need to upload it to an on-line album and link to it there. You have a small one as a member of these boards, there is a link to it at the top of the page :wave:

THANKS Barnum42!!! :wave: Still trying to get used to the board!! :D

Sapphire

stitchlvr said:

Yes you are right, the Disneyland Lion King Celebration floats have a new home at FOLK. http://www.yesterland.com/lionking.html

MK never had a LK parade. They of course had the Legend of the Lion King show and there was a Lion King section in the 25th Anniversary/Remember the Magic parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom