Bring Back the Timekeeper!

Do you think Disney should bring the Timekeeper back to honor Robin Williams?

• Yes

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

75disney

I don't know about the logistics of bringing Time Keeper back, but I would love to see the "Return to Neverland" film return to the Animation building. That show always brought a smile to my face in the good old days of MGM.

katarn112

Why even change anything to begin with? R people really that sensitive still that they can't see a building from Americas past? It would be silly to change it and costly which Disney would never do...
I don't get it either and I don't think I ever will. I understand why it was done in the first few years after the incident, but here we are 13ish years later and society still hasn't given up on its quest to erase the towers from history. I would rather Disney keep the original film as it was if they were to bring this back.

mf1972

different topic, but is there a impression of his handprints in the sidewalk at the GMR in HS?

Goofyernmost

I don't get it either and I don't think I ever will. I understand why it was done in the first few years after the incident, but here we are 13ish years later and society still hasn't given up on its quest to erase the towers from history. I would rather Disney keep the original film as it was if they were to bring this back.

Yes, because if we cannot see it, it didn't happen. It is an important part of our history, not a pleasant one but one none the less. We cannot even watch a rerun of "Friends" without seeing the Towers. They existed, they were destroyed. We need to acknowledge that and move on. Not thinking about it will not change the event. Should we never see Hawaii because more then twice the number of people died there then from the Towers? Hopefully, the towers didn't become a symbol of our willingness to bury our head in the sand and understand that we are not indestructible.

Mike S

Ok, I feel like I need to clear something up. I didn't suggest the removal of the Towers as a way of "burying my head in the sand". From what I remember from a video I watched of the attraction, 9 eye is supposed to be going around the world sending you a live feed of what it's seeing. Kind of kills that whole illusion when the video shows something that's clearly not there anymore.

Nemo14

I'm pretty sure there is. I'll see if I have a picture somewhere.
Not mine (too lazy to search and scan) but here's one from a search:
th

Last edited:

steamboatjosh

If they do bring back anything though I think it will be Back To Neverland. It'd be easier for them to do it. Which I wouldn't mind at all. Just watched it on youtube and got teary eyed.

NiarrNDisney

I voted YES because:

#1. It was a wonderful show and different experience for the Magic Kingdom

#2. I feel like it wasn't around for a long enough time and was one of those attractions that could easily be change as time goes by hence it position in Tomorrowland

#3. I still do not understand how Monster Inc. Laugh Floor fits into the Tomorrowland theme?

#4. Michael Jackson was honored with Captain EO and though I was not a fan of the show or his I still feel it was a nice gesture so for someone like Robin Williams who graced us and the Disney Co. many times with his appearance in the Movies, shorts, voices etc etc why wouldn't they do it?

pumpkin7

I don't know about the logistics of bringing Time Keeper back, but I would love to see the "Return to Neverland" film return to the Animation building. That show always brought a smile to my face in the good old days of MGM.

I love that film. I remember seeing it the first time we visited, then I watched it recently on YouTube. Plus it's nice that they did a little cross over from what Robin is wearing in that short, and what the Genie wears when he's free. I love Disney and their little gems like that.

Goofyernmost

Ok, I feel like I need to clear something up. I didn't suggest the removal of the Towers as a way of "burying my head in the sand". From what I remember from a video I watched of the attraction, 9 eye is supposed to be going around the world sending you a live feed of what it's seeing. Kind of kills that whole illusion when the video shows something that's clearly not there anymore.
I, of course, do not speak for everyone, but, I pretty much know that the thing wasn't filmed yesterday. I don't need a whole bunch of corrective images for me to be able to jump from fantasy to reality and back. I can do that very quickly.

To begin with, you took my statement way to personally. I was talking generally. None of us want to be reminded of tragedy. We want everything to sway us away from that. So in that sense we all tend to not want to be reminded, but, almost 13 years have passed since then. It is a reality that happened and shouldn't be that traumatic for most of us at this point. Without looking it up, I'd say that by the time Timekeeper had reached about half it's life, many of the things that 9 eye showed us, no longer existed.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes, because if we cannot see it, it didn't happen. It is an important part of our history, not a pleasant one but one none the less. We cannot even watch a rerun of "Friends" without seeing the Towers. They existed, they were destroyed. We need to acknowledge that and move on. Not thinking about it will not change the event. Should we never see Hawaii because more then twice the number of people died there then from the Towers? Hopefully, the towers didn't become a symbol of our willingness to bury our head in the sand and understand that we are not indestructible.

are you on about, I was simply saying you should never go backwards and build old attractions again. Deary me.

Goofyernmost

*** are you on about, I was simply saying you should never go backwards and build old attractions again. Deary me.
Use your words Pumbas... Use your words in a manner that doesn't require a CIA operative to decipher. Speaking from within your own mind does not always transmit to comparatively sane people.;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Use your words Pumbas... Use your words in a manner that doesn't require a CIA operative to decipher. Speaking from within your own mind does not always transmit to comparatively sane people.;)

So the telepathy wasnt working?

For the record I dont believe in rewriting history or airbrushing reality, painful or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom