Bring back Horizons

blueboxdoctor

OK, gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying, however, the current thing are screens. Most never experienced the old way and even some that did, like myself, see if a screen is done well, it is also very good. So if they were to redo it, (I wouldn't hold my breath waiting) there would probably be more screens simply because that is the art of the early 2000nds. We are in the electronic world of the 21st century... there's no going back.

I know, it just seems like it'll be dated really soon. I think the Pirates one I saw used screens with computer animation on them of the characters, which will be dated in no time considering how quickly computer animation advances (look at Test Track, the make your own car program they have is very slow and the animation looks dated, especially when animated movies and especially video games have far surpassed what the Test Track digital cars look like, same for the one on Spaceship Earth). I'm all for technology, but it has to be done in a way that isn't as trendy and is instead innovative.

Goofyernmost

I know, it just seems like it'll be dated really soon. I think the Pirates one I saw used screens with computer animation on them of the characters, which will be dated in no time considering how quickly computer animation advances (look at Test Track, the make your own car program they have is very slow and the animation looks dated, especially when animated movies and especially video games have far surpassed what the Test Track digital cars look like, same for the one on Spaceship Earth). I'm all for technology, but it has to be done in a way that isn't as trendy and is instead innovative.
The thing about screens are that they can be easily updated. Much easier the expansive scenes can. And they can be done quickly and with no real downtime. The are expensive to do but not anywhere near as expensive at the previous ways.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the old school stuff, but, I also enjoy the newer stuff as well. And screens are a long time part of a Disney park... Mission to Mars ring a bell? You sit in a big circular room and look at screens. Screens that were made to replicate what you might see looking out a window or a windshield. The brought as much realism to the attraction as any 3D staging or AA's. Both were entertaining and accepted as the way to entertain the masses. All of a sudden all anyone can do is attempt to come up with reasons why, the current time we are in is just awful. I don't want to lose all of the past either, but, today is here and now and tomorrow will create something newer. We should never close our eyes to new things... if we do we miss out on some really interesting stuff, theme park wise.

I do have one question how can a show that is based on history and fantasy ever get dated unless you attempt to change history, that type of pirate no longer exists, if it ever did. It cannot get dated, just over exposure to those that repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat some more.

blueboxdoctor

The thing about screens are that they can be easily updated. Much easier the expansive scenes can. And they can be done quickly and with no real downtime. The are expensive to do but not anywhere near as expensive at the previous ways.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the old school stuff, but, I also enjoy the newer stuff as well. And screens are a long time part of a Disney park... Mission to Mars ring a bell? You sit in a big circular room and look at screens. Screens that were made to replicate what you might see looking out a window or a windshield. The brought as much realism to the attraction as any 3D staging or AA's. Both were entertaining and accepted as the way to entertain the masses. All of a sudden all anyone can do is attempt to come up with reasons why, the current time we are in is just awful. I don't want to lose all of the past either, but, today is here and now and tomorrow will create something newer. We should never close our eyes to new things... if we do we miss out on some really interesting stuff, theme park wise.

Like I said, I'm all for new technology, and you're right, screens have been used pretty well in WDW (just look at Soarin' as one of the newer examples). And I'm sure Star Wars and Avatar Land will have them as well (my concerns there are with motion simulators, which I sadly tend to get sick on, but that's not saying the rides aren't cool, Star Tours is pretty cool, doesn't affect me too bad but the motion simulator in EPCOT really got to me).

Goofyernmost

Like I said, I'm all for new technology, and you're right, screens have been used pretty well in WDW (just look at Soarin' as one of the newer examples). And I'm sure Star Wars and Avatar Land will have them as well (my concerns there are with motion simulators, which I sadly tend to get sick on, but that's not saying the rides aren't cool, Star Tours is pretty cool, doesn't affect me too bad but the motion simulator in EPCOT really got to me).
Well, having physical issues is a completely different concern. Not everyone can experience everything. I cannot tolerate roller coasters anyplace other then Disney. When I go other places other than Disney with friends or family, I am the one sitting on the bench or the wall while they have a good time. Places cannot be altered from being the best experience due to problems of individuals. We all have our limitation to some degree, but, in many of those cases simulators provide the most realistic and immersive experience for the majority of guests.

Last edited:

sonoma15

This attraction won't be brought back. Unless Disney really wants to go thru all that trouble. I would rather have the original imagination back. It would probably be cheaper and easier, but even that probably won't happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom