Breaking Point?

coleandrachel

Depends on the age to some degree... A 13 year old boy would get his handed to him by me (the dad) on the spot beat down! Then he would go back to the room for the day and work off the money when we get back home. If it's a small child it's a little more difficult... but a 13 year old boy would have my foot in his for sure

EOD K9

A previous poster said that leaving the park for the day costs too much money. While that is probably true, you need to take away the thing of value immediately. Instead of the park, maybe the rest of the night is spent at the hotel instead. Or possibly no character breakfast. Thinking you'll punish them later does not help. Corrective action needs to be taken on the spot.

Clyde

If the actions of a child has an effect on me I have the right to an opinion about it. It doesn't matter whether I have children or not. Just because you don't own a theme park doesn't mean you don't have the right to comment on how one is run.

Good point. And we who don't have a theme park are usually just as off base about how to run one as people who don't have children are when they judge parents. :D

Clyde

I dare say why....I have been taken to the wood shed over this issue. WHY? IMO is that parents want to be thier childs friend instead of thier parent. The WORST thing a parent can do or say is...."just dont let it happen again"
BAM! credibility down the drain. Not sure if I would say anything, then you have a parent being defensive and going ballistic on you.....instead of the kid.

By the time they are 13 it would take some serious intervention to turn this family around. These parents are living on a hope and a prayer that the child makes it to 18 without being incarcerated. Then its society's problem.
Then because of his lack of respect for authority ends up in jail, told it isnt his fault...which is true in a way. but that he dosnt have to be responsible for his actions. That he is a victim and just "acting out his feelings" He has learned as a young child that he will not be held accountable....

Sounds like you need a therapist :D Know any?

disneyflush

Any 13 year old that acts this way has no fear of the consequences of his actions. He does what he sees though so perhaps he came from an abusive household. Especially if dad doesn't get concerned or react when mom gets struck.

That said, feeling the need to publicly 'beat down' your child in front of hundreds of people is a great way to wind up in jail for the night, regardless of the reason. If you are willing to risk that then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to give up a day of your vacation sitting in the hotel room with your child as punishment. Its pretty easy to declare how your child would be behaving by the time they are a teenager when you don't have any yet. Raising kids is more art than science and being unable/unwilling to adapt as a parent is a recipe for disaster.

Sofiesmom

Well.....It all depends on how the child is disciplined. Now if that was my daughter.......Put it this way, she wouldnt be able to sit for days... :mad:

Children need to learn manners and respect. It all falls how they are raised and disciplined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom