Breaking News: Sexual Assault at Universal Studios

pheneix

Original Poster
A woman claims she was sexually battered, beaten and threatened on Wednesday by a man near Universal Studios "Mummy Returns" ride, according to a police report.

The 32-year-old victim told Orlando police that at about 6:20 p.m. she was by herself in the express line of "Mummy Returns," looking for the entrance to the ride. She said that she approached a man, whom she believed to be a park employee, and he told her to follow him.

The man then grabbed the woman, dragging her into an emergency exit hallway, where he threw her to the ground, according to the police report. The woman said she screamed for help and the man told her that he was going to kill her, police said.

http://www.local6.com/news/10671647/detail.html

So a guest nearly gets raped in the exit hall of the biggest thrill ride in the park, a place where there are usually dozens of team members everywhere going to and from their positions in rotation? This is bizarre.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
http://www.local6.com/news/10671647/detail.html

So a guest nearly gets raped in the exit hall of the biggest thrill ride in the park, a place where there are usually dozens of team members everywhere going to and from their positions in rotation? This is bizarre.

The whole thing sounds quite odd to me....like you said, there's always people in the area, and it was the Express line so there should have been some guests around....could just be someone looking for attention. I'll be interested in seeing what happens with the investigation (do they have cameras in those areas?).

BTW, I love how Local 6 calls it the "Mummy Returns" ride. :lol:

This is just another nail in Universals coffin.
I'm sure it is :rolleyes:

pheneix

Original Poster
So I talked with a few of my friends that work out there. The location where this allegedly happened is in a hallway that is NOT frequently used by employees. There are not any security cameras in the suspected evac hall (there rarely are cameras in places like that in any theme park, Disney, Universal, or otherwise). There may have been some in the areas around it, but I am not too sure. Mummy is one of the attractions I had the least experience with when I worked out there.

MagliteL13

So I talked with a few of my friends that work out there. The location where this allegedly happened is in a hallway that is NOT frequently used by employees. There are not any security cameras in the suspected evac hall (there rarely are cameras in places like that in any theme park, Disney, Universal, or otherwise). There may have been some in the areas around it, but I am not too sure. Mummy is one of the attractions I had the least experience with when I worked out there.

I have to kinda agree, it's not an area highly used by Attraction Attendants, but maintenance does use it sometimes. I really shouldn't say anything else about the situation because I know that attraction a little too well...

ROTM

It would be a nail in the coffin if the news was nation wide. Universal would of been in DEEP Trouble if the media got a hold of the accused "gun at BTTF."

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It would be a nail in the coffin if the news was nation wide. Universal would of been in DEEP Trouble if the media got a hold of the accused "gun at BTTF."
I didn't call the media or post it when it happened out of respect for my friend who asked me then not to. That friend however has no objections anymore.

Did I mention that that gun was handed to a ride attendant by a very young guest (think 5-6 years old). That means that they didn't catch if before and let guests ride it.

natasha32404

I was there at the park when the woman came down the line the wrng way screaming that she had been raped. I was w/my daughter 10yrs old & 2 of her frinds & my husband. The girls could not stop thinking about that woman and the look on her face. That was the 1st and last time I will visit that park. We are vacation club members & will only go to the wdw parks and Sea World, but we will NOT go back to Universal Studios. Ever!

JT3000

This kind of thing could happen anywhere (and it eventually will.) Shunning Universal like they're responsible or it's a normal occurence is just downright stupid.

disney_nutter

I was there at the park when the woman came down the line the wrng way screaming that she had been raped. I was w/my daughter 10yrs old & 2 of her frinds & my husband. The girls could not stop thinking about that woman and the look on her face. That was the 1st and last time I will visit that park. We are vacation club members & will only go to the wdw parks and Sea World, but we will NOT go back to Universal Studios. Ever!

you wont go back because of something that might not have happened.ok then fair play to you

kcnole

Umm, ok. So if this ever happens at WDW would you not go back there either. I mean we've had people friggin die at WDW, I'm assuming you still visit there. At least no one has died at Universal? Things happen because there are some bad people in the world. If things like this were a daily occurrence then it would be one thing, but I've gone to Universal several times and never once felt unsafe in anyway.

IOACentralRadio

That was already posted on another thread :)
This is true...but lets not forget that it can, and does happen anywhere...not just at Universal ;)
Its a sad state of affairs when you cant go to a theme park, or on a cruise....two places where you are supposed to be able to escape reality....without the fear of some idiotic knuckledragger wanting to harm you or impede themselves on your personal space.

AndyP

I hate it when people blame Universal for stuff like this and seem to say that they couldn't care less. If this happened at a mcdonals restaurant, you wouldn't blame mcdonalds, ok, different kind of place but still. This could happen anywhere, yes Disney too! I feel really bad for the victim, but don't blame Universal, blame the culprit.

JT3000

The Universal bashers on this board will run their mouths 'till the cows come home, but at least Universal's employees don't think they're Mike Tyson. Or would that be Mike Tigger?

JLW11Hi

The Universal bashers on this board will run their mouths 'till the cows come home, but at least Universal's employees don't think they're Mike Tyson. Or would that be Mike Tigger?

You're comparing an accidental knock on the head to an attempted rape?

I agree that this probably could have happened anywhere, including Disney, and I hope that both resorts take measures to prevent this from happening, whatever that may entail (more security cameras? More coverage of the park with security/employees?) This is a horrible thing to have happened to the victim, especially when it happens in a queue, of all places, and not very late at night either.

JT3000

Two things:

1.) There was nothing accidental about it. He purposely hooked the kid's arm and swung.

2.) The "attempted rape" is still alleged. She could be lying for all they know. Just like the kid is lying about not doing anything to Tigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom