Breaking News: Sexual Assault at Universal Studios

kcnole

Whether Tigger accidentally hit him while falling or to protect himself from being strangled by the kid pulling on his suit isn't important to this conversation. The two are not comparable either way. One is a moneygrubbing family hoping to make some money off of Disney, the other was someone who truly does have injuries and was attacked viciously.

I don't blame Universal in the least for this situation, but you can't compare those two incidents.

JT3000

Did you see the attack? Because no one else did. Anyone can purposely injure themself and the two situations could easily be comparable.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
As a former character performer at Disney, and one who performed as Tigger quite regularly, I can honestly say that you're 100% wrong on this. The performer is innocent, and this family is just doing this for attention/money.

mkt

Premium Member
The Universal bashers on this board will run their mouths 'till the cows come home, but at least Universal's employees don't think they're Mike Tyson. Or would that be Mike Tigger?

Ah yes... except for the time back in 2002 that I had 2 universal employees arrested for attacking a character performer in full costume backstage. Poor girl couldn't be in costume for 3 months

JT3000

As a former character performer at Disney, and one who performed as Tigger quite regularly, I can honestly say that you're 100% wrong on this. The performer is innocent, and this family is just doing this for attention/money.

You've played Tigger. Great. Now what precisely does your past experience have to do with anything? I just find it funny how you're so quick to claim I'm wrong in some way yet you fail to back it up with actual reasoning. What happened was caught on video, clear as day. I'd like to hear how I'm wrong now. :lol:

kcnole

As has been stated before it looks like the kid was either attempting to unzip tigger or was tugging on his costume. If he was pulling on a certain part of the costume it will pull the head back and a portion of the costume can easily begin to choke the person wearing it.

It looks like one of two things happened here. Either this kid pulling on the costume caused Tigger to lose his balance and he popped the kid trying to catch his balance or he was trying to stop the kid from doing whatever he was doing. In doing so he reached back to grab his arm and hit him in the face. I don't think it was an intentional hit to the face because as also has been reported, the visibility in that costume is so bad that it would be almost impossible to aim and hit the kid in the face that easily.

Did you see the attack? Because no one else did. Anyone can purposely injure themself and the two situations could easily be comparable.

No of course not, but do you truly think she banged her own head against a wall or something hard enough to do damage to it? Furthermore, others on these boards have posted saying they saw the woman come running out and she looked terrified. Of course there's a possibility she's making it up and if any proof comes out that she was then she should be punished. However there is no proof to say she made this up.

So I still don't see how you can see the tigger incident and this incident and compare the two of them.

mkt

Premium Member
You've played Tigger. Great. Now what precisely does your past experience have to do with anything? I just find it funny how you're so quick to claim I'm wrong in some way yet you fail to back it up with actual reasoning. What happened was caught on video, clear as day. I'd like to hear how I'm wrong now. :lol:
It makes me someone infinitely more qualified to make judgement on this than you :)

Here is the actual reasoning you asked for:

The body of the costume has a rather high neck line, pulling back on it can cause pressure against the performers throat to build up, to the point of a choking sensation. One of the ways to relieve this is to stretch out your arms forcefully to the sides, slightly front.... which can appear to be a punch.

JT3000

What a coincidence. Hooking someone's arm and swinging with your far hand can appear to be a punch too! Although I don't see how what you described compares in any way to what actually transpired. Completely different actions.

mkt

Premium Member
What a coincidence. Hooking someone's arm and swinging with your far hand can appear to be a punch too! Although I don't see how what you described compares in any way to what actually transpired. Completely different actions.
I do. Perhaps you're more jaded than I am and trying desperately to find Disney at fault for this?

jorgetheviking

I hate it when people blame Universal for stuff like this and seem to say that they couldn't care less. If this happened at a mcdonals restaurant, you wouldn't blame mcdonalds, ok, different kind of place but still. This could happen anywhere, yes Disney too! I feel really bad for the victim, but don't blame Universal, blame the culprit.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Its not Universal's fault. If this happened at Disney everyone would blame the person who did it, not Disney. So why blame Universal?

mkt

Premium Member
that's hysterical... and if true, good for them. Less people in line for soarin'

slappy magoo

I was there at the park when the woman came down the line the wrng way screaming that she had been raped. I was w/my daughter 10yrs old & 2 of her frinds & my husband. The girls could not stop thinking about that woman and the look on her face. That was the 1st and last time I will visit that park. We are vacation club members & will only go to the wdw parks and Sea World, but we will NOT go back to Universal Studios. Ever!

Well, I got some bad news for ya there, buddy. It HAS happened at WDW.

Few years back, around the time I started visiting this forum, there were news reports of a video circulating the internet, showing a little girl who had been molested in a hotel. The law took a portion of the video where the girl wasn't being molested, obscured her so you couldn't see her face, and then asked that if anyone recognized the hotel room to contact the authorities. They were looking for ANY lead that might say where this happened, and then hopefully narrow down the time frame, find eyewitnesses who may have seen or heard something odd at that hotel, etc.

Well, turns out many people DID recognize the hotel where the abuse occurred. It was Port Orleans FQ.

Ironically, compared to this thread, the forum thread at the time this story was news had plenty of people saying "Hey, don't blame Disney, this could have happened ANYWHERE!" But when it allegedly happens at Universal, obviously, Universal allows evil to reign free. Heck, they probably have discounts for registered ___ offenders :rolleyes:

It's been a while, but I did a search of the forum using the keyword "molest." Here is the link. Coincidentally, I think I may have been the only one to actually use that word.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=50724&highlight=molest

A little catsup will help you eat that crow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom