Breakfast ?

mikey531

Original Poster
We are staying at Saratoga Springs, and we really like going out for breakfast, but at our experienced age we don't need a character, but there doesn't seem to be very many places without Characters. Rainforest Cafe at AK but I can't seem to find any others. BOG I know but not a big fan. Thanks for any recommendations.

TrojanUSC

Boma is pretty good. Lots of variety and many fresh-made items, as opposed to the normal powdered eggs/tater tots you find at many of the breakfast places.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We don't have a car so we have to go to a park first, then to the resort. We may do that as we are on a vacation. We are not planning anything !
Thanks !
Grand Flo Cafe is wonderful, and even without a car so easy to get to. Hop the bus to MK, and that jump on the monorail. Could not be any easier.

DisneyJoe

We don't have a car so we have to go to a park first, then to the resort. We may do that as we are on a vacation. We are not planning anything !
Thanks !
Depending on how early, they may be running the breakfast buses to some resorts - ask at your front desk for info.

LeighM

Our favorite place for breakfast is Kona Cafe. Love those pineapple macadamia pancakes!!! It's easy to get to by taking a bus to MK and then the boat or monorail to the Poly.

danyoung56

Characters don't mean a heck of a lot to me, either. Tusker House in Animal Kingdom does a great breakfast buffet. It's a character breakfast, but you'll just have to shake Mickey's hand or hug Goofy, and then get right back to munching. If you book before park open you'll enjoy a nice walk through DAK with almost no one around - very cool!

NiarrNDisney

First of all since you are close to Disney Springs it should be pretty easy for you to catch a bus to any of the resorts around property so you won't have to do a bus transfer from SSR to a Park to another resort bus.

As for TS breakfast options here is a small list of great places that aren't too far away from SSR and do not require a park ticket

Ale & Compass (YCR)
Olivia's (OKW)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)

And for Brunch...

Homecomin' (DS-L) Sat. - Sun.
House of Blues (DS-WS) Sun.
Maria and Enzo's (DS-L) *
Paddlefish (DS-L) Sun.
Raglan Road *
STK (DS-L) Sat. - Sun.

* If days are not listed I would suggest calling to find out the restaurants schedule as I could not find any listed

Phonedave

First of all since you are close to Disney Springs it should be pretty easy for you to catch a bus to any of the resorts around property so you won't have to do a bus transfer from SSR to a Park to another resort bus.

As for TS breakfast options here is a small list of great places that aren't too far away from SSR and do not require a park ticket

Ale & Compass (YCR)
Olivia's (OKW)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)

And for Brunch...

Homecomin' (DS-L) Sat. - Sun.
House of Blues (DS-WS) Sun.
Maria and Enzo's (DS-L) *
Paddlefish (DS-L) Sun.
Raglan Road *
STK (DS-L) Sat. - Sun.

* If days are not listed I would suggest calling to find out the restaurants schedule as I could not find any listed

Since you mentioned Disney Springs, don't forger Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich have breakfast

I believe that Raglan Road only does breakfast on the weekends.

You can also grab breakfast at the QS in Paris in the World Showcase. Some really good options, and if you tell them CM you are heading there for breakfast you can get into France before the WS opens.

nickys

Premium Member
The Wave at the Contemporary is good. They have a buffet, but also a menu for those who don’t want the full buffet. Also very handy - get the bus to Mk and walk across, or monorail.

mikey531

Original Poster
Thank you for all the suggestions. I can remember when Tony's used to do breakfast and I did see something about the Plaza too and we love Olivia's !!! I also forgot about the Wave We will find something I am sure !! Thanks to everyone !!

slappy magoo

I've never tried this but have always been tempted to give the Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues a shot. I'm not particularly religious but I'd wager the music would be awesome. Just not sure about the food. I've seen a lot of "meh" reviews for their food in general but not as much about the brunch.

JIMINYCR

I've never tried this but have always been tempted to give the Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues a shot. I'm not particularly religious but I'd wager the music would be awesome. Just not sure about the food. I've seen a lot of "meh" reviews for their food in general but not as much about the brunch.

Weve been many times. The buffet is fantastic. LOTS of variety. A tasty, step above different than the usual Disney style breakfast buffets. Well worth the price for the food. The music is very good, Its gospel but not overtly in your face try to convert you religious.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We’ve done the House of Blues Sunday Gospel brunch on nearly every trip. There is a wide variety of food and the entertainment is quite enjoyable. Because of the times, we tend to make it a non park day, wandering DS afterwards and doing some resort hopping.

christine7257

Ale & Compass at Yacht Club is a terrific breakfast stop and easy to walk right into Epcot afterward. They have a good breakfast entree selection (great omelette) and an optional buffet add-on with fruit, baked goods, etc.

It’s not advertised but Trattoria al Forno does keep a separate room where you can just order from the menu and don’t get the character experience. Also easy walk to Epcot after (or Hollywood Studios).

Sunday brunch at California Grill is stellar if you can snag a reservation!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom