Breakfast transportation?

faithful

I will be going to WDW this week and scheduled breakfasts at various hotels before the parks open since the parks open so late. Does anyone know if transportation is running early with the cutback in hours to allow for getting to breakfast? I am staying at the All Star Movies so breakfast at my hotel sounds less than exciting. There are seven of us so we are goint without a car since full size vans are rather expensive (size needed for us and luggage.):king:

Smee

Buses do not run between resorts. You will have to take a bus to a central location such as the T&TC, Downtown Disney, etc and transfer to the resort bus you want.

This can be time consuming, think about a cab if you don't have a car.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Or a limo! Once when we we staying at the Marriot, and wanted to go to Mickey's VMCP, it ended up being cheaper (or about the same) to rent a limo than taking the hotel shuttle. It was also about the same as taking a cab, and less crowded. (because we were a large group)

Upvote 0

Invero

Busses start running typically at 7am for Character Breakfasts.

If you have a Character Breakfast at the Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian, take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and the Resort Monorail from there (the MK Bus drops off at the Transportation Center before 7:30)

If you're having breakfast at the Magic Kingdom, keep in mind Busses and Monorails will not let anyone out at the Magic Kingdom until after 7:30. Busses will just be dropping off at TTC, Monorails will just zip right through the station.

If you are having breakfast at any other Disney resort, take the bus to a hub (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom) and then transfer to the appropriate resort bus. Busses don't typically run from resort to resort, however if you're the only one on the bus, sometimes the bus driver will take you directly there, but it depends on if their schedule allows it. Depending on where you're going for breakfast, you might want to ask the bus driver which hub to go to.

I would factor in 30mins for travel time... although you might get there in less. If you're a little late, not to worry. Most places will hold the priority seating for about a half hour, they understand about travel times and stuff.

Enjoy. :)

Upvote 0

faithful

Original Poster
Thank! I knew the buses didnt run between resorts. I just wasn't sure with all the cut backs if the buses ran at all early in the morning since parks do not open until pretty late now (10:00).

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by faithful
Thank! I knew the buses didnt run between resorts. I just wasn't sure with all the cut backs if the buses ran at all early in the morning since parks do not open until pretty late now (10:00).

Epcot and Animal Kingdom both pushed back thier opening by one hour, making EC open at 10, and DAK at 9...

However, Magic Kingdom and the Studios both still open at 9:00 just as they always did. (no surprise mornings though) Character Breakfasts at the MK start around 8:00ish...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom