Breakfast suggestion

nngrendel

Original Poster
Was looking at current ADR's we have made so far and was thinking about adding another Sit Down Breakfast. We already have reservations for Ohana's.
We have been to Chef Mickey before and was thinking of 1900 Park Fare. If you had the choice of those two which would you prefer?

Also this is an Adult visit and would you visit something other than a character breakfast? If so where??:shrug:

bgraham34

I have yet to try Park Fare but would like too. I am not a fan of Chef Mickeys, I feel the food is not as good as other places for breakfast, JMHO. We really enjoy going to Crystal Palace for breakfast at the MK. Winnie the Pooh Characters walk around but the atmosphere is great in there. I love the theming and plus its the MK.

Tinkerbella16

I have been to both, and I'd say Chef Mickeys. It is my favorite character breakfast in WDW.. with the largest buffet I've seen and the food always been great. That is usually one we do each trip.

baymenxpac

you're already going to the poly for ohana, but if you don't mind an extra trip there, the kona is excellent for breakfast.

i also love kouzzina. was really impressed when we ate breakfast there in february.

nngrendel

Original Poster
I have yet to try Park Fare but would like too. I am not a fan of Chef Mickeys, I feel the food is not as good as other places for breakfast, JMHO. We really enjoy going to Crystal Palace for breakfast at the MK. Winnie the Pooh Characters walk around but the atmosphere is great in there. I love the theming and plus its the MK.

I agree with your opinion about Chef Mickeys. However the character entertainment is great!

We already have ADR's for Crystal Palace for lunch one day. I have been to 1900 Park Fare many years ago and from what I remember it was great. Just trying to see if I am missing a hidden gem that I haven't considered.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Kona Cafe is my favorite breakfast on the property. I go there once a trip.

Of the choices you mentioned, I'd go with 1900 Park. The food at Chef Mickey's is rancid, and that buffet has always looked dirty.

bmarkelon

Another Kona Cafe vote here. We finally experienced this hot spot our last trip and it was at the top of the list to book for our upcoming August trip. YUMMY!! :slurp:

nolatron

Gonna get shot down here,but if you are at AK early morning RC does big breakfast with,wait for it,tonga toast.:wave:

While it is counter service, Captain Cook's at the Poly also does Tonga Toast for about $5 less than Kona I think. Don't know if the portion is the same size though.

And they have Dole Whip. :slurp:

dclfan

I would not do Chef Mickeys for an adult only visit. It's not a very relaxing meal. My family always does Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare if we are going to do a breakfast buffet but Crystal Palace is our favorite. It's nice to get into MK before the park officially opens and walk up main street practically by yourself on your way to your reservation.

The Incredible Schmulk

My favorite breakfast in WDW is at Kouzzina, but my breakfast recommendation would be dependent on which park you were planning on visiting that morning. Since this is an adult trip, I'd recommend starting your day off with something a bit more subdued than character breakfast craziness, though.

In any case, if you're in the Epcot/MGM area for breakfast, I'd recommend Kouzzina.

If you're in the Magic Kingdom, I'd recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona (I prefer the former, though).

If you're in Animal Kingdom, I'd recommend the Rainforest Cafe.

If you're in Downtown Disney, I'd tell you to catch a boat at the launch and head to Old Key West for breakfast at Olivia's.

DisneyDebNJ

Another vote for Kona Cafe here for breakast :wave: We really like the breakfast here, but were not huge fans of dinner. The Wave at Contemporary has a new buffet, as well as an ala carte menu.

nngrendel

Original Poster
My favorite breakfast in WDW is at Kouzzina, but my breakfast recommendation would be dependent on which park you were planning on visiting that morning. Since this is an adult trip, I'd recommend starting your day off with something a bit more subdued than character breakfast craziness, though.

In any case, if you're in the Epcot/MGM area for breakfast, I'd recommend Kouzzina.

If you're in the Magic Kingdom, I'd recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona (I prefer the former, though).

If you're in Animal Kingdom, I'd recommend the Rainforest Cafe.

If you're in Downtown Disney, I'd tell you to catch a boat at the launch and head to Old Key West for breakfast at Olivia's.

Only thing bad about a quick trip like we are doing is we dont have enough time!!!! I want to eat at all these places. Actually money is the big hold back. :ROFLOL:

I agree that a character breakfast is sort of crazy and non relaxing. I think sticking with Kona would be a great way to start my last day. Plus will give us some time to explore the Poly once we are finished.

ThinkTink721

Our Favorite Character Breakfasts:
CRT
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana
Donald's Safari
Princess Storybook

Heard These Are Good Too:
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Cape May Cafe
*Have only eaten at these restaurants for dinner.

minnielaw

I would also suggest Boma at AKL. We had breakfast there on our last visit and it was very relaxing. The food was good and the frunch was amazing.

I am voting for Kona too. We are making our first visit for breakfast on our upcoming trip and I already know I am going to love it! We love Kona!

erasure fan1

Im done with chef Mickey. We did the B-fast last summer and my wife and I both said this was the last time, it was very dissapointing. If you HAAAAVE to eat with Mickey, then OK but otherwise its a waste, IMHO. If you dont mind driving, we ate at Olivias at old key west and it was great. It was quite, reasonably priced and the food was better than any of the buffets Ive eaten at. I will definitely do it again.

GeoDonJac34

Kona breakfast is fantastic. I tried it last trip for the first time when it was just the boys. We are going back this year, and DW is coming along. She was on the segway tour last time. Tonga toast is good, but lots of love for the Samoan. Coffee is great. also.

mickey2008.1

for two Adults, Cape May Cafe has a great buffet with Characters. It' really quiet and reserve. the best for adults! We did it last year for my 40th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom