breakfast bufferts

steven&evi

Hi guys,

A few years ago my parents and I stayed in the contemp. resort. I loved the breakfast buffet over there. Now, in may we are staying in the CBR and I was wondering if there are any other resort where they serve similar buffets with the same experience?

thanks!!

tigsmom

Boma in the AKL has a breakfast buffet, but its not a character one.
Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club has one and its said to be very good.
1900 Park Fare in the Gradn Floridian
'Ohana in the Polynesian

I believe I got all of the Resort character ones (if I missed one I'm sure others will post it). There are other breakfast buffets around WDW (both character and non) so I'm sure you will find something to fit your tastes. You may want to check the Menu section both here and at allearsnet.com for specific foods, prices & times. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

There are quite a number of breakfast buffets on property. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Chef Mickey's ( Contemporary), 1900 Park Faire ( Grand Floridian) Crystal Palace ( Magic Kingdom), Cape May ( Beach Club) Donald's Breakfastasaurous ( Animal Kingdom), Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and the Maya Grill ( Coronado Springs). My personal favorite is Boma but that one doesnt have characters. I think the food selections are just awesome there. I really liked Donald's as well. Good choice of foods the only sit down meal available in the AK. Also there are a number of all you care to eat options which are served to your table. Were you interested in those? Belle

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

chef mickey's actually has a slim selection compared to the other buffets -- in park, crystal palace is great.. if there are no kids -- 1900 would be good because of the face characters -- they are a little more fun than the masked characters for adults. plus the food there is a little "fancier"

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

There is also the Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness. It's at the Settlement and is a quick boat ride from MK or the hotels on the lake. Good selection and good eating. Been going there for years. The breakfast pizza rocks!

Upvote 0
Ditto on Trail's End breakfast buffet. We always have made a point to go there for breakfast. There's a CM there, I think is name is Ken, who's been working there forever. Great food and then an awesome boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is a great way to start a day!

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

I ate at Ohana's for breakfast a few years ago. The selection sucked. Eat at Ohana's for dinner instead. :)

Another great place for breakfast is the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. It's a sit-down but not buffet. They have the best coffee and the best BANANA-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST--it's like funnel cake for breakfast....and no calories on vacation!!

My favorite breakfast buffet is Crystal Palace! The view is amazing, the food is amazing and you're right in the park for when you get done!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Timothy Q Mouse said:
Ditto on Trail's End breakfast buffet. We always have made a point to go there for breakfast. There's a CM there, I think is name is Ken, who's been working there forever. Great food and then an awesome boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is a great way to start a day!
And, it's always important to point out, Trail's End is one of the cheapest buffets at WDW (it probably is THE cheapest), and it still has great food. It's a great place to eat if you feel like taking the trip out to Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
dumboflyer said:
....and no calories on vacation!!

:lol: :lookaroun

I remember a Stewardess [sorry, "Flight Attendant" :lookaroun] telling me it was ok to eat my dessert, because calories are lower "at altitude" :lol:... Sadly, they seem to find me later :cry:

Upvote 0

col

best buffet ive had at WDW is donalds breakfastosaurs at animal kingdom its so much better than cinderellas royal table dont get me wrong that was nice but at AK you chose your own and how much you put on your plate and plus the CM was very funny and the characters made the rounds about 5 times. at the castle the CM asked what you wanted then they bring you the food on a plate which to me is not a buffet although it was nice but nothing compared to AK.

Upvote 0

kennygman

We did 1900 PF and Donald's for Breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed them both. The characters spent time with the kids and there was plently of good quality food.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

wannabeBelle said:
There are quite a number of breakfast buffets on property. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Chef Mickey's ( Contemporary), 1900 Park Faire ( Grand Floridian) Crystal Palace ( Magic Kingdom), Cape May ( Beach Club) Donald's Breakfastasaurous ( Animal Kingdom), Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and the Maya Grill ( Coronado Springs). My personal favorite is Boma but that one doesnt have characters. I think the food selections are just awesome there. I really liked Donald's as well. Good choice of foods the only sit down meal available in the AK. Also there are a number of all you care to eat options which are served to your table. Were you interested in those? Belle

Marie, happy new year, when did you get a new job, and how was the dec. trip?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Craig & Lisa said:
Marie, happy new year, when did you get a new job, and how was the dec. trip?
Hey there!!! Happy New Year to you and the kids as well. The new thing with Pam is only since December really, although I REALLY enjoy working with her. As you already know she is a dynamite person. December trip was awesome, Here is a link to a trip report I did for the Off Kilter Shrine
http://groups.msn.com/OffKilterShri...essage=10062&LastModified=4675553156273536779
Hope you enjoy it!!! Belle

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

I ate at Breakfastasoarus once. It was bad enough experience that I haven't been back.

Had reservatios for 9AM, the earliest you can apparently get since the park opens at 9AM.

Little did I know is that there are about 100 tables with 9AM reservations, too. Got to AK before 9, got it as soon as I could, and did not get seated until almost 10AM.

After eating breakfast and finally getting to look at things, it was close to 11AM. I just can't see wasting that much time when the park is only open for a shorter duration then any other park.

Food was good, CM's were great, and it was otherwise a good experience. Just felt like I really really wasted my entire morning.

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

I don't know if you'd be willing to go over to Fort Wilderness but I personally think the BEST breakfast buffet in WDW is at Trail's End! I have been traditionally going on our last morning since I was young and LOVE it every time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom