Breakfast at the "World!"

General Grizz

Howdy! Question for any of you fine folks...

Are there any breakfast options available to WDW visitors (not staying at a resort) outside of a theme park or without theme park admission?

We're interested in going down for a couple hours just for breakfast...thanks!

:)

Stitch79

I believe all of the resorts do some sort of breakfast. The ones I have heard about most is Chef Mickey's (Contemporary), Kona Cafe (Poly), and Boma (AKL).

I have been to the one at Boma's and it was very good. It was nice to have some new choices besides bacon and eggs, although they have the usual stuff too. If you go to Boma's be sure to try some Frunch!

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Originally posted by DMC-12
Kona Cafe at the Poly Gets my vote :slurp:

Mine too! Tong Toast ROCKS!

Speaking of which, when we stayed off property in March, my brother and I did go to the Poly one morning for breakfast at Kona Cafe . . .

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Howdy! Question for any of you fine folks...

Are there any breakfast options available to WDW visitors (not staying at a resort) outside of a theme park or without theme park admission?

We're interested in going down for a couple hours just for breakfast...thanks!

:)

Yes, you can eat in the resorts without staying in them. If you'd have fun in a characeter meal (and i don't know how anyone couldn't) i'd suggest Ohanas in the Poly or Chef Mickey's in the contemporary. If you don't need a character meal, i really really enjoy Boatwright's Dining Hall in port orleans riverside. try the bananna stuffed french toast, or the sweet potatoe pancakes.

for more info on dineing, inquire within. That link will list the dining option in the parks as well as the resorts, so sort them out as you read.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Grizz, my vote goes to the All You Care to Eat Skillet Breakfast in the Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. We try to have it at least twice while we are there. Great atmosphere and food.

Canyon Skillet

All-You-Care-To-Eat

Scrambled Eggs, Hash Brown Rounds, Bacon and Sausage, Buttermilk Biscuits, Sausage Gravy, Waffles and Breakfast Breads

Juice and milk in a mason jar...fun for little kids and big kids,too.

My next choice would be Chef Mickey's in the Contemp.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Since the Security has been added to the Resorts, don't you have to have PS to get onto Resort Property or can you just drive up to the Guard shack and say "I'm just here to have breakfast?"

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Originally posted by Scooter
Since the Security has been added to the Resorts, don't you have to have PS to get onto Resort Property or can you just drive up to the Guard shack and say "I'm just here to have breakfast?"

you just drive up to the security shack, tell them that you are there to eat. Depending on what resort you are going into, they might ask you what name the reservations are under. you say 'i don't have any yet'. then, they will eitehr let you in, or write you a temporary parking pass and let you in (depending on what resort).

Upvote 0

Donfan

I go to Orlando for business sometimes, and when I do I go out to the Disney Resorts to eat dinner quite often. I have never had any trouble getting past the Guard Shacks by telling them that I am there to go to the restaurants. Sometimes they have even asked if I was staying there or just visiting, so they know people come to the resorts without reservations.

Upvote 0

tinkerbell2

Originally posted by Stitch79
I believe all of the resorts do some sort of breakfast. The ones I have heard about most is Chef Mickey's (Contemporary), Kona Cafe (Poly), and Boma (AKL).

I have been to the one at Boma's and it was very good. It was nice to have some new choices besides bacon and eggs, although they have the usual stuff too. If you go to Boma's be sure to try some Frunch!

May I ask, what is Frunch? I think it sounds a little familiar, or maybe I am going crazy!:hammer:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by tinkerbell2
May I ask, what is Frunch? I think it sounds a little familiar, or maybe I am going crazy!:hammer:

Here you go:

FRUNCH

Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 12 servings (1 gallon)
Ingredients:

1 8 ounce can Lemon Juice, frozen and canned
1 8 ounce can Pineapple Juice, frozen and canned
1 8 ounce can Orange Juice, frozen concentrate and canned
12 ounces Mango Juice
6 ounces Grenadine

This recipe is easier for home use when frozen juice is used.

Method:

Follow the package instructions on the frozen juice containers. Mix in a large bowl. Add the mango juice and grenadine. Mix well and server over ice in a tall glass.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Originally posted by Donfan
I go to Orlando for business sometimes, and when I do I go out to the Disney Resorts to eat dinner quite often. I have never had any trouble getting past the Guard Shacks by telling them that I am there to go to the restaurants. Sometimes they have even asked if I was staying there or just visiting, so they know people come to the resorts without reservations.

Hmmm...I'm wondering...

...if they let anybody and everybody in, then whats the point in even HAVING security guards?:veryconfu

I guess they are there just to make people staying at the resorts FEEL more secure.:hammer:

I thought they were there to stop suicide bombers and would be crimminals.

I feel SO much safer now. :lol:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by tigsmom
Here you go:

FRUNCH

1 8 ounce can Lemon Juice, frozen and canned

I used this recipe and it is quite yummy.

However, I'm pretty sure it should be lemonade rather than lemon juice. (That's what I used, anyway)

Upvote 0

Donfan

Hmmm...I'm wondering...

...if they let anybody and everybody in, then whats the point in even HAVING security guards?:veryconfu

I guess they are there just to make people staying at the resorts FEEL more secure.:hammer:

Well, you do have to check in with the security guard, and they don't have to let you in. They have never asked to look in the trunk or under the car, but they could. Maybe I just don't look like a suicide bomber. I sure hope so.:confused:

Upvote 0

beast

From www.wdwig.com ...

Chef Mickey's
Contemporary
Character Breakfast
Served Daily 7:00 AM Until 11:30 AM

Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale

$16.99 for Adults, $8.99 for Children 3-11

PREMIUM FRUIT BAR
Fresh Fruit Display, Yogurt, Bananas, Peaches, Pears, Fresh Cut Melons, & More

CEREAL SELECTIONS
Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops, Hot Oatmeal, and Grits

BREAKFAST SPECIALTIES
Chef Mickey's Egg and Sausage Roulade
Scrambled Eggs
Corn Beef Hash
Frittata
Cheese Potatoes
Breakfast Potatoes
Bacon and Sausage
French Toast
Baked Delights
Biscuits and Gravy
Warm Bread Pudding
A non-alcoholic beverage is included in the price.

When I went to Chef Mickey's in May 2002, Minnie and Pluto were
also there. Goofy was there, but he only stayed near the entrance to the restaurant.

You can order Mickey shaped pancakes and they had Mickey waffles available with the above items. They may have some other items available. I think they had a "breakfast" pizza when
I went (didn't try it). I think it was some type of bread with
peanut butter "sauce" on top.

You will need a Priority Seating "reservation" for Chef Mickey's.

The food was good, my niece loved the characters, and the CMs
didn't make you rush through your meal.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
I used this recipe and it is quite yummy.

However, I'm pretty sure it should be lemonade rather than lemon juice. (That's what I used, anyway)

Thats what I found on the recipe site...though lemonade makes more sense.

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Hmmm...I'm wondering...

Hence the temporary parking tags at some resorts.

besides, the point of the security guards isn't (and doesn't pretend to be) to only allow those staying at the resort into it. if that was their goal, they would require resort passes as you unload your buss. many resorts allow you to simply walk on, like contemproary (from MK), poly and gf (from each other) and boardwalk (from epcot/mgm). even if that was their intent, and they prevented anyone from going in that wasn't staying there, that wouldn't prevent a dangerous person from checking in; they don't exactly do background checks.

maybe i just don't see the same priority for high security at disney hotels that you do. i haven't heard any crime-related resort terror stories yet. and if anything ever did happen, there is always wdw security (and often times, orange county deputies) on site.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Originally posted by bamboo7
Hence the temporary parking tags at some resorts.

maybe i just don't see the same priority for high security at disney hotels that you do. i haven't heard any crime-related resort terror stories yet. and if anything ever did happen, there is always wdw security (and often times, orange county deputies) on site.

Ummmm....I was joking...hence the little laughing guy in my post:lol: <~~~Him

If I was worried I wouldn't stay on Disney Property every time I go.

I'm sorry if I came off as Paraniod :lookaroun
I'm really not.:animwink:

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Ummmm....I was joking...hence the little laughing guy in my post:lol: <~~~Him

If I was worried I wouldn't stay on Disney Property every time I go.

I'm sorry if I came off as Paraniod :lookaroun
I'm really not.:animwink:

no prob. i didn't know you were joking. also, i wasn't trying to attack you or anything, in case you got that impression. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom