Brazilian Tour Groups--where do they stay?

dmbouton75

Planning a trip from July 15-22nd and would like to avoid staying at a resort with any Brazilian Tour Groups. I'm not looking to bash them and hear horror stories. I just want to know where they typically stay. I would be asking the same question about Pop Warner if I were going in December.

Thanks,
Dawn

Rob562

You know, I don't think I've ever read any horror stories about the Brazillian tour groups at hotels... This has led me to believe that they stay at off-site hotels.

-Rob

Upvote 0

dmbouton75

Original Poster
I did a search and there's a thread from 2007 about it at ASM. I'm hoping since the thread is old that means they stay offsite, but you never know. Just wanted to make sure.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

We visited WDW in July '08 and '09, and stayed at Wilderness Lodge both times. I can say for certain that no Brazilian tour groups were staying there. We did see many in the parks, and some had tags on their backpacks that indicated they were staying at the All Stars. I do believe some groups stay at the value resorts. Not sure if they are ever at the moderates or deluxes.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Yep we were at ASMovies in 2007 and they were too. They were only a bother in the food court though, we didn't hear them otherwise.
If you're looking for a value, you can try Pop Century. Groups don't usually stay there.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I seem to remember reading somewhere that a group of them was staying at the Holiday Inn near DtD (before its refurb), and THAT scene was an absolute nightmare. But I agree; you stay at a moderate or deluxe and I doubt you'll have any issues (except for the parks :)).

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Although i think they stay off-site, you best bet is to avoid the all stars. I have never seen a group stay at POP. If going up to moderate i doubt the Brazilian tour groups would be there but sometimes cheer and dance groups stay at port orleans(not sure witch side) they tend to come out of nowhere randomly for competitions

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

You'll only see groups, not just Brazilian, at the All Stars, especially the All Star Sports. You won't see them at Pop nearly as much, if at all, and of course, you won't see them at Moderates or Deluxe (and if they are at deluxe you guys should demand a reason and to be moved)

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

I stayed at ASM last year for a weekend in July.Half the resort was Brazillian tour groups. However they were fine. No problems with them at all. Food court was over crowded in the morning though.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Tour Groups can stay at Moderates, b/c our group does. Each year our Sr Trip is at Disney World, and the packages we book are always for Moderates--but our choices are only Caribbean Beach or Riverside.

We have been choosing Caribbean Beach. Back in the day when we stayed at Values, Pop Century was the only one we could not choose.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

I do not remember any brazalian tours groups at the resorts.
The worst place to stay at Disney is the all star resorts. That group of rooms are the worst.

Nothing but a teenager hangout with no one watching them.

I can understand why you dont want to be around those groups. They are so loud. I remember being on tom sawyers island and a bunch of them at the haunted mansion singing as loud as they can with some stupid soccer song.
Really ruins the magic. I understand having fun but thats going to far.

Upvote 0

JenShelby

We stayed at the All Star Movies this past July and they were everywhere!!! The Resort was busting at the seams with them. They were HORRIBLE! I would recommend not staying at the All Stars in July.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom