Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkidd

I always thought Russia or Australia would have made excellent choices. I can see why they'd back off Russia now due to current events. Haven't read the thread, so not sure if it's been said (though I'm guessing it has), personally, I wouldn't want to go near a Brazil pavilion. Tour Groups are bad enough in any section of the park, but with a country at Epcot, my guess is it would be just that much worse.

the.dreamfinder

I always thought Russia or Australia would have made excellent choices. I can see why they'd back off Russia now due to current events. Haven't read the thread, so not sure if it's been said (though I'm guessing it has), personally, I wouldn't want to go near a Brazil pavilion. Tour Groups are bad enough in any section of the park, but with a country at Epcot, my guess is it would be just that much worse.
It would still be a lightning rod, but I would love it if an Israel Pavilion was built.
If it had a qsr that served food like this...
IMG_2844.JPG

or this
moshiko-falafel.jpg

it would be the best qsr on property!

Attachments

• IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 318

WildcatDen

Thanks, but we already got a confirmation that Brazil is coming and a better date:
FWIW, I had also heard and provided 2022 as the date. If that has improved, Serpico has not spread the info.

That said, per Serpico, Brazil was one of 2 main competitors with a third being straggling behind. I would love to see all 3 eventually as I think they would add a lot to the experience.

Matt_Black

Who would the third have been? I'm assuming 1 and 2 were Brazil and Spain.

I seem to recall that there were discussions with Puerto Rico, even if they are technically part of the United States. (Though, from a certain point of view, one could argue that Canada is part of the U.K. And DON'T argue with me on this; they've got the Queen on their darn money, for pity's sake!)

The_Jobu

I seem to recall that there were discussions with Puerto Rico, even if they are technically part of the United States. (Though, from a certain point of view, one could argue that Canada is part of the U.K. And DON'T argue with me on this; they've got the Queen on their darn money, for pity's sake!)

She happens to be queen of several countries, though the governments are completely, totally separate.

EricsBiscuit

It's worth mentioning how many companies have assets in Brazil. So it doesn't have to be sponsored by a Brazilian firm.

trainplane3

Lee

Adventurer
I feel like I missed something somewhere...
I found this a little while ago: http://insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2014/05/concept-art-for-brazil-at-epcot.html
So the question is: Is this concept art brand new?

Regardless, very cool to see!

EDIT: Oops, bad reading on my part. Ignore this!
That site got it from here, when I posted it a few years back.

No, it isn't brand new. Might not even be what they are building, but it was what was presented as part of the original pitch to Brazil.

Last edited:

trainplane3

That site got it from here, when I posted it a few years back.

No, it isn't brand new. Might not even be what they are building, but it was what was presented as part of he original pitch to Brazil.
Ah I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom