Brainstorm - Two Parks for the Price of One?

Vipraa

Part 2

Hollywood Studios
Infrastructure - First things first, the infrastructure of this park is already at its limit especially during special events like Star Wars Weekends and Unleash the Villain and it would only get worse with a major upgrade to the park so the basic infrastructure will definitely need an upgrade.

Roadways and Toll Plazas - The World Drive entrance would be closed to make room for park expansion and a new entrance will be constructed on Victory Way. This will be the only way to enter and exit the Hollywood Studios Parking lot by car. The Toll Plaza on Buena Vista Dr. will be closed and that entrance will be made for Bus use only. Because of this the surrounding roads of Osceola Parkway and Victory Way will need to be upgraded to handle additional capacity.

Parking Lots - The current Cast Member parking lot would be converted to guest parking all of the time. New minor theming would go up by this lot to isolate guest areas from the exposed backstage areas here. New Cast parking lot would be built south of the canal at the south end of the park with new facilities for cast costuming nearby. 2 new parking sections would also be added for guests and the tram line extended.

Lucasfilm Ltd.
This would be the major expansion in the park and consist of 2 sub lands with the highlight being Star Wars Galaxy. It would take over all of the land south of Echo Lake Starting at Indiana Jones to south of Commissary Lane and all of Streets of America. A forest theme will be incorporated into both parts of this land to allow guest to experience a smooth transition between the sublands while keeping to their own stories.

Indiana Jones Expedition (Land) - This small area will be themed to be a heavily wooded forest with the attractions appearing to just exist in there own area.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Stays the same as it is now minus few minor updates to keep it modern.

The Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - E-ticket Attraction will be cloned from DL using EMVs to take guest on an adventure with Dr. Jones. It will be located where the Backlot Express Quick service restaurant is currently located with show building taking over current backstage areas where cast cast costumin
g is.

DSCF0487.JPG

Star Wars Galaxy (Land) - The main part of the Lucasfilm area will be divided into 3 distinct planet areas. Endor will be the smallest and be located on the edge of Indiana Jones and where Star Tour resides. Yavin will be located where Streets of America are is a forested area and revolves around the Jedi temple. Tatooine is the final and largest land located where the World Dr. toll plazas are.

Endor
Ewok Village
- This would be located where Sound's dangerous is and would serve as a quick service restaurant and gift shop while being able to spot an Ewok or two walking around.

Star Tours: The Adventure Continues - Unchanged minus updates from the new movies

Yavin
Speeder Bike Spin
- A spinner that can fit up to 2 sitting inline themed to speeder bikes.

Jedi Training Academy - Moved from its original location to outside the Jedi Temple.

The Power of the Force - High energy E-ticket using a new version of EMV similar to Universals SCOOP system. Follow the Jedi Masters of the New Jedi Order as the fight off Sith in the halls of the Jedi Temple.

Yavin_4_Temple.png

Tatooine
Mos Eisley Space Port
- Find the Millennium Falcon as well as a few other starships here to explore,

Mos Eisley Cantina - Large quick service restaurant with heavy theming and the classic Cantina band.

Jabba's Sail Barge - Large full service restaurant with heavy theming and character meet and greets during the meals.

Boonta Eve Classic - Climb aboard 8 passenger speeder and race around the canyons on Tatooine while avoiding dangers like the Sand People, Rancores and the Almighty Sarlacc on this E-ticket ride.

Pixar Place
Crush's Coaster - Spinning Dark Coaster from Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Located where the Backlot Tour is.

WDS%20-%20Crush%20Coaster%2000.jpg

A Bug's Land Play Area - Playground themed to A Bug's Life where the current playground is.

Fantasmic updates
Fantasmic will receive updated fountains, projectors, Dragon and Steamboat as well as a replacement for the Pocahontas scene.

FantasmicDragon1-Disney.jpg

Estimated Costs

Infrastructure Upgrades - 50 million
Indiana Jones Adventure - 100 million
Indiana Jones Theming - 25 million
Ewok Village and Endor Theme - 25 million
Speeder Bike Spin - 10 million
Power of the Force - 100 million
Yavin Forest Theme - 50 million
Mos Eisley Space Port - 50 million
Tatooine Restaurants - 20 million
Boonta Eve Classic - 150 million
Crush's Coaster - 100 million
Bug's Land Play Area - 10 million
Fantasmic Updates - 25 million
MICS - 50 million
Total Costs - 765 million

Total cost of Epcot and Hollywood Studios 1.34 Billion dollars. Yes I went over the the 1.1 billion cap but I wanted to do it right and not cut corners. I also think that Hollywood Studios might end up cost more then I estimated because I did ALOT but whatever its all for fun.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on my ideas for parts 1 and 2

Voxel

President of Progress City
Part 2

Hollywood Studios
Infrastructure - First things first, the infrastructure of this park is already at its limit especially during special events like Star Wars Weekends and Unleash the Villain and it would only get worse with a major upgrade to the park so the basic infrastructure will definitely need an upgrade.

Roadways and Toll Plazas - The World Drive entrance would be closed to make room for park expansion and a new entrance will be constructed on Victory Way. This will be the only way to enter and exit the Hollywood Studios Parking lot by car. The Toll Plaza on Buena Vista Dr. will be closed and that entrance will be made for Bus use only. Because of this the surrounding roads of Osceola Parkway and Victory Way will need to be upgraded to handle additional capacity.

Parking Lots - The current Cast Member parking lot would be converted to guest parking all of the time. New minor theming would go up by this lot to isolate guest areas from the exposed backstage areas here. New Cast parking lot would be built south of the canal at the south end of the park with new facilities for cast costuming nearby. 2 new parking sections would also be added for guests and the tram line extended.

Lucasfilm Ltd.
This would be the major expansion in the park and consist of 2 sub lands with the highlight being Star Wars Galaxy. It would take over all of the land south of Echo Lake Starting at Indiana Jones to south of Commissary Lane and all of Streets of America. A forest theme will be incorporated into both parts of this land to allow guest to experience a smooth transition between the sublands while keeping to their own stories.

Indiana Jones Expedition (Land) - This small area will be themed to be a heavily wooded forest with the attractions appearing to just exist in there own area.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Stays the same as it is now minus few minor updates to keep it modern.

The Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - E-ticket Attraction will be cloned from DL using EMVs to take guest on an adventure with Dr. Jones. It will be located where the Backlot Express Quick service restaurant is currently located with show building taking over current backstage areas where cast cast costumin
g is.

DSCF0487.JPG

Star Wars Galaxy (Land) - The main part of the Lucasfilm area will be divided into 3 distinct planet areas. Endor will be the smallest and be located on the edge of Indiana Jones and where Star Tour resides. Yavin will be located where Streets of America are is a forested area and revolves around the Jedi temple. Tatooine is the final and largest land located where the World Dr. toll plazas are.

Endor
Ewok Village
- This would be located where Sound's dangerous is and would serve as a quick service restaurant and gift shop while being able to spot an Ewok or two walking around.

Star Tours: The Adventure Continues - Unchanged minus updates from the new movies
Yavin
Speeder Bike Spin
- A spinner that can fit up to 2 sitting inline themed to speeder bikes.

Jedi Training Academy - Moved from its original location to outside the Jedi Temple.

The Power of the Force - High energy E-ticket using a new version of EMV similar to Universals SCOOP system. Follow the Jedi Masters of the New Jedi Order as the fight off Sith in the halls of the Jedi Temple.

Yavin_4_Temple.png

Tatooine
Mos Eisley Space Port
- Find the Millennium Falcon as well as a few other starships here to explore,

Mos Eisley Cantina - Large quick service restaurant with heavy theming and the classic Cantina band.

Jabba's Sail Barge - Large full service restaurant with heavy theming and character meet and greets during the meals.

Boonta Eve Classic - Climb aboard 8 passenger speeder and race around the canyons on Tatooine while avoiding dangers like the Sand People, Rancores and the Almighty Sarlacc on this E-ticket ride.

Pixar Place
Crush's Coaster
- Spinning Dark Coaster from Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Located where the Backlot Tour is.

WDS%20-%20Crush%20Coaster%2000.jpg

A Bug's Land Play Area - Playground themed to A Bug's Life where the current playground is.

Fantasmic updates
Fantasmic will receive updated fountains, projectors, Dragon and Steamboat as well as a replacement for the Pocahontas scene.

FantasmicDragon1-Disney.jpg

Estimated Costs

Infrastructure Upgrades - 50 million
Indiana Jones Adventure - 100 million
Indiana Jones Theming - 25 million
Ewok Village and Endor Theme - 25 million
Speeder Bike Spin - 10 million
Power of the Force - 100 million
Yavin Forest Theme - 50 million
Mos Eisley Space Port - 50 million
Tatooine Restaurants - 20 million
Boonta Eve Classic - 150 million
Crush's Coaster - 100 million
Bug's Land Play Area - 10 million
Fantasmic Updates - 25 million
MICS - 50 million
Total Costs - 765 million

Total cost of Epcot and Hollywood Studios 1.34 Billion dollars. Yes I went over the the 1.1 billion cap but I wanted to do it right and not cut corners. I also think that Hollywood Studios might end up cost more then I estimated because I did ALOT but whatever its all for fun.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on my ideas for parts 1 and 2
One minor suggestion. The currently Parking lot at Hollywood studies can not be expanded back with out the expensive cost of finding new protected land so that they can give up the protected land right behind it. There are two ways around this. Moving the road way in and expand the parking lot in that direction or do what every other Disney resort relies on. Parking Garage. Just food for thought.

Another suggestion I would keep star tours as it is and spend the money to "fix" the movie sets into actual prop. Also return the AtAT into working condition. Other all though I approve of these changes. Can the Ewok villiage be like the tree house where families can walk around and explore the tops.

Vipraa

One minor suggestion. The currently Parking lot at Hollywood studies can not be expanded back with out the expensive cost of finding new protected land so that they can give up the protected land right behind it. There are two ways around this. Moving the road way in and expand the parking lot in that direction or do what every other Disney resort relies on. Parking Garage. Just food for thought.

Another suggestion I would keep star tours as it is and spend the money to "fix" the movie sets into actual prop. Also return the AtAT into working condition. Other all though I approve of these changes. Can the Ewok villiage be like the tree house where families can walk around and explore the tops.

Well i based my infrastructure upgrades off of rumors that i had already heard about moving the main parking entrance to Victory Way and close off Buena vista entrance to guests to easy congestion but again they are rumors. Good to know Disney like to make stuff difficult for its self when possible.

Also i didn't do anything to star tours besides expand the forest set to blend the line with Indiana Jones and fit an Ewok village where sounds dangerous is located.

DHS is my least favorite US park currently so im not surprised if my details are a little off like about the conservation land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom