Brainstorm - Two Parks for the Price of One?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Here are some Ideas of what I would do. EPCOT first.

EPCOT
Future World Makeover - All of the core Future world buildings would receive a makeover to bring them into the 21st century and beyond. The current designs are very much dated a reek of the 80's which is not what future world is about. Buildings would be redesigned to a clean look with curves and lots of glass plus plenty of green plants and water features to highlight the designs.

futuristic-building.jpeg

Spaceship Earth - Minor updates to ride. Project Tomorrow reimagined to be less cartoony and more futuristic.
Wonders of Life Pavilion - Gone, Destroyed, Razed... sorry :cautious:

(NEW) Digital Frontier Pavilion - This is what would replace Wonders of Life in that location. Technology is the Future and it's presence is severely lacking in Future World. The pavilion would center around a Tron based coaster and sorry motorbike coaster fans but its not one of those. Disney makes all of their rides to be accessible to the vast majority of guests and a motorbike coaster is NOT accessible so it would be a conventional sit down coaster. It would be a launching dueling coaster synced to lights and music providing thrills and soaking up lots of guests. Guests would exit into a computer development lab where leading tech brands would showcase some of their newest gadgets.
Universe of Energy - Ellen's (dated) Energy Adventure would be shut down and the interior of the pavilion gutted. A new dark ride attraction would take shape within the pavilion. This ride would show the future of energy in the world and where we will be getting it from. It will bring in a newly created character to explain in a fun and entertaining way different energy sources (Coal, Natural Gas, Wind, Solar, Nuclear) and the challenges facing our society in a neat little story. The Exterior would also get a minor overhaul bring out of the 80's and to match the rest of Future World.

Mission Space - Relatively unchanged minus so minor updates.

Test Track - Unchanged

The Seas with Nemo and Friends - This one is difficult because it is a working aquarium and you cant just drain it. Minor updates would be done to the main lobby area to make it more interactive and the Exterior would be updated. I'll have to think some more on some other possible improvements.

The Land - Big updates here. Exterior and interior would go through a minor refresh to emphasize the balance of civilization and nature and bring it in line with the rest of future world. Soarin' would receive a 3rd theater and the HD upgrade with a remastered version the current film playing while the new Soarin' over the World plays simultaneously. They can change films based on demand easily due to new digital systems. Living with the Land with receive significant updates to change it from a boat ride about agriculture to a ride about conservation. Ride would include lots of new scenes that would emphasis living in harmony with nature ending with the tour through the greenhouses. Small drops and audio-animatronics would give small thrills and increase popularity so it can help soak up crowds.

Imagination Pavilion - Current pavilion is a very outdated design so major refurb would happen to the exterior of the pavilion. Captain EO would be replaced by a new special effect show that showcases new technology and effects while fitting with the imagination theme. Journey to Imagination would be completely gutted to make way for a new interactive version of the attraction featuring Figment and Dreamfinder. ImageWorks would be refreshed with new technology and be focused on fostering imaginative and creative thoughts.

World Showcase - Relatively unchanged for budget purposes. With the Wonders of Life pavilion gone i would change the port of entry shops to house the main festival headquarters. Norway receives minor updates to better accommodate Frozen Characters (no update to Maelstrom). Everything else stays the same due to budget constraints (Sorry @MonorailRed )

Festivals - As currently rumored the festivals would happen year round on a seasonal basis.
Dec- Feb - Festival of the Future: Festival celebrating humanity's achievements and the promise of the future.
Mar - May - Flower and Garden Festival : Festival celebrating the beauty of nature while offering food selections from around the world.
Jun - Aug - Festival of the World: A festival celebrating cultures around the world.
Sept - Nov - Food and Wine Festival: Festival celebrating food and drink from around the world.

Estimated Costs
These are estimates based on history and project sizes AND my unprofessional opinion. Only major costs.

Future World Makeover - 150 million
Spaceship Earth - 10 million
Digital Frontier - 100 million
Universe of Energy - 40 million
Seas with Nemo - 10 million
The Land - 100 million
Imagination - 70 million
World Showcase - 25 million
Festivals - 20 million
Mics - 50 million
Total - 575 Million Estimated

Hollywood Studios is next and i only have 525 million left..... oh boy. I'll post my ideas for that tomorrow.
I love what you have done hear and I believe your budget is very very managable. You have a lot room to do things with. You could add a river/boat attraction into the World Showcase if you were good with your money. To give an idea Norway cost between 30 - 45 million. So with careful budgeting I would add effects to the theatre shows. Smells for example could Elevate the experience.

I have one suggestion which is to be do a PIXAR into the Imagination film in Imagination. Show the process of a pixar film in a fun enlightening. It would be a step into real world imaginators, or even a film on Imagineers. I would lean away from technology because you have pavilions dedicated to it.

What happens to Innovations if the Digital Pavilion shows off technology. I remember Innovations use to show of the latest phones and technologies. Do we leave it as is or change it.

Also smart move with the MISC budget. Something will always come up that will drive up cost and you gave your self a nice buffer.

@MonorailRed I hope you don't mind that I am evaluating these projects and submissions. I don't have time to make my own and I love seeing what people suggest.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
For some I know. For others a bit a googling the right key words. Such as Cost of Expedition Everest. You will have to do some digging.

Gotcha, I'll dig around... I think I have some cool addition ideas :)

I love what you have done hear and I believe your budget is very very managable. You have a lot room to do things with. You could add a river/boat attraction into the World Showcase if you were good with your money. To give an idea Norway cost between 30 - 45 million. So with careful budgeting I would add effects to the theatre shows. Smells for example could Elevate the experience.

I have one suggestion which is to be do a PIXAR into the Imagination film in Imagination. Show the process of a pixar film in a fun enlightening. It would be a step into real world imaginators, or even a film on Imagineers. I would lean away from technology because you have pavilions dedicated to it.

What happens to Innovations if the Digital Pavilion shows off technology. I remember Innovations use to show of the latest phones and technologies. Do we leave it as is or change it.

Also smart move with the MISC budget. Something will always come up that will drive up cost and you gave your self a nice buffer.

@MonorailRed I hope you don't mind that I am evaluating these projects and submissions. I don't have time to make my own and I love seeing what people suggest.

No problemo! Just a big brainstom thread on what you'd do with a budget :) :cool:

Twilight_Roxas

The Doctor Who attraction since its a dark ride motion simulator it would be like Transformers the ride. Despite her character isn't in it Jenna Coleman that played Clara Oswald would provide the voice of the info about the Doctor,regeneration,time lords,the tardis,daleks,cybermen,the silence,weeping angels,davros, and the master in the queue's videos while in line of the museum before entering the tardis for the preshow.

Voxel

The Doctor Who attraction since its a dark ride motion simulator it would be like Transformers the ride. Despite her character isn't in it Jenna Coleman that played Clara Oswald would provide the voice of the info about the Doctor,regeneration,time lords,the tardis,daleks,cybermen,the silence,weeping angels,davros, and the master in the queue's videos while in line of the museum before entering the tardis for the preshow.
Perhaps an effect like the one use for belles mirror could give the illusion that the tardis is there and your actually entering it

Twilight_Roxas

The ride vehicle are going to be called the mini tardis which would be in the loading station were Commander Strax provides the safety ride rules. The Doctor in the preshow which is random will be projected like how they did the pirates thing in DHS.

Vipraa

I think that the need is greater in Future World and Hollywood Studios then World Showcase. World Showcase currently has enough to do for 2-3 days in the park even though there are not a lot of "Attractions". If I had a bigger budget then I would defiantly add some improvements to World Showcase.

I like the suggestion of involving PIXAR in Imagination. The Tech in Imagination is not a showcase of the Tech but updates to help tell the story more convincingly.

Digital Frontier would be more focused on Computer innovations and digital technology where as Innoventions (Which I forgot about oops...) would be focused on Tech that improves everyday lives like it currently does.

Vipraa

I do think that new attractions are needed in World Showcase. I am not a Doctor Who fan but that's simply because I have never really watched it. Because of this i'm not the best resource on the subject lol. I know it is very popular and long lived brand though.

For me it depends on what it would take Disney to acquire the theme park rights to it. It definitely has potential if done correctly.

mahnamahna101

EPCOT ($600 million - $1.2 million is a nice round number):

Future World ($350 million) -

1. The Grid (Internet/computer tech themed pavillion with TRON used as the main E-ticket) - $225 million
  2. Energy (revamped into an overlook of what future energy might have in store for us) - $45 million
  3. Spaceship Earth (a nice upgrade that FINALLY gives the finale some scenery) - $30 million
  4. Soarin' new HD film - $15 million
  5. General theming of Future World - $35 million
World Showcase ($250 million) -
  1. The Mystery of Mt. Fuji (an E-ticket Matterhorn-style coaster with full-fledged show scenes) - $125 million
  2. Raging Through the Niagra (a D-ticket river rapids ride meant to conceal the Soarin' show building) - $75 million
  3. Maelstrom upgrade - $15 million
  4. Upgrade for Impressions of China show film - $15 million
  5. General asethetic - $20 million
Hollywood Studios ($600 million) : divided into 4 main sections

Star Wars Land ($310 million) -

1. Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience are combined for a new indoor Jedi Training Academy - $25 million
  2. X-Wing Blast (flat ride) - $15 million
  3. Gertie the Dinosaur relocated to Animation Courtyard - $1 million
  4. retheming of Backlot Express to Mos Eisley Cantina - $15 million
  5. TIE Fighter Expedition - $140 million (replaces Indiana Jones and uses the new Twister ride system)
  6. Pod Racers - $65 million (D-ticket speeder bike coaster through the jungle) \
  7. Millenium Falcon walkthrough - $35 million (a thorough 20-30 minute walkthrough of the ultimate Star Wars vehicle)
  8. General theming - $14 million

Pixar Place ($90 million) -

1. Monsters Inc. - The Door Vault (D-ticket suspended family coaster that recreates the door scene from the movie) - $75 million
  2. retheming of HITSK playground to A Bug's Life - $15 million
Muppets mini-land ($70 million) -
  1. Muppets Motor Madness (a manic Mr. Toad-style ride through Manhattan) - $50 million
  2. Upgrades to MuppetVision - $10 million
  3. Pizza Planet is rethemed to the old Swedish Chef concept - $10 million
Animation Courtyard ($30 million) -
  1. replace Little Mermaid with Fantasia - $15 million
  2. general asethetic - $15 million

Voxel

1. The Grid (Internet/computer tech themed pavillion with TRON used as the main E-ticket) - $225 million
  2. Energy (revamped into an overlook of what future energy might have in store for us) - $45 million
  3. Spaceship Earth (a nice upgrade that FINALLY gives the finale some scenery) - $30 million
  1. The Mystery of Mt. Fuji (an E-ticket Matterhorn-style coaster with full-fledged show scenes) - $125 million
  2. Raging Through the Niagra (a D-ticket river rapids ride meant to conceal the Soarin' show building) - $75 million

1. Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience are combined for a new indoor Jedi Training Academy - $25 million
  5. TIE Fighter Expedition - $140 million (replaces Indiana Jones and uses the new Twister ride system)
  6. Pod Racers - $65 million (D-ticket speeder bike coaster through the jungle) \
  7. Millenium Falcon walkthrough - $35 million (a thorough 20-30 minute walkthrough of the ultimate Star Wars vehicle)
  1. Monsters Inc. - The Door Vault (D-ticket suspended family coaster that recreates the door scene from the movie) - $75 million
Muppets mini-land ($70 million) -
  1. Muppets Motor Madness (a manic Mr. Toad-style ride through Manhattan) - $50 million
  2. Upgrades to MuppetVision - $10 million
  3. Pizza Planet is rethemed to the old Swedish Chef concept - $10 million
Animation Courtyard ($30 million) -
  1. replace Little Mermaid with Fantasia - $15 million
  2. general asethetic - $15 million
I like what you have done here but DEAR LORD if Radiator Springs cost $200 Million I can't imagine what you can do with 225$ for an entire pavilion. Over all almost everything is very well budget with enough wiggle room for over runs. :D

Twilight_Roxas

I almost thought of a ride exclusive villain who is another time lord that is after the tardis while sending the riders (call companions) through danger encountering Cybermen,Daleks,Weeping Angels, and The Silence.

Voxel

I almost thought of a ride exclusive villain who is another time lord that is after the tardis while sending the riders (call companions) through danger encountering Cybermen,Daleks,Weeping Angels, and The Silence.
That could work. Moffit would probably okay it.

Vipraa

I don't know how much theming you were thinking about but i think your are underestimating its costs especially with your star wars area and Future world. A huge roller coaster can be built for the (relatively) cheap cost of 20-30 million but its the theming that brings it to the 100 million mark like Everest. Buena Vista Street in California Adventure cost I believe over 200 million and its TINY! its about half the size DL's main street and never mind streets like Hollywood Blvd ins Studios or MK's Main Street. Everything else looks good though ;)

Voxel

I don't know how much theming you were thinking about but i think your are underestimating its costs especially with your star wars area and Future world. A huge roller coaster can be built for the (relatively) cheap cost of 20-30 million but its the theming that brings it to the 100 million mark like Everest. Buena Vista Street in California Adventure cost I believe over 200 million and its TINY! its about half the size DL's main street and never mind streets like Hollywood Blvd ins Studios or MK's Main Street. Everything else looks good though ;)
The main driver of the Buena Vista Street Cost was night construction and constructing around a crowd. The park had to stay open. This lead to many odd step (many being expensive) having to be done. I am assuming the Star Wars regions would be mostly closed off. I am also assuming that some of that $14 Million could go to Coaster Theming I also feel that the Millennium Falcon could be done for a little less maybe around $30 million.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Pretty Tired when I came up with this, but here's a basic layout of my plans...

Epcot

Future World

- New Ride and Film (Imagination) - 100 Million
- Ellen Update - 50 Million
- TRON PeopleMover Around Future World - 5 Million

Total: 155 Million

World Showcase

- Mexico Ride Update - 100 Million

- Frozen Ride - 100 Million

- The Doctor Who Adventure (Perry Replacement, much much better)- 50 Million

- New Film Updates - 25 Million

Total : 275 Million

Overall Total - 430 - Million

Hollywood Studios

- Pixar Place "Expansion" - 75 Million

- Muppet Vision Move - 10 Million

- "Lucas Studios" Remodel - 300 Million

- Shorts Show - 50 Million (Replaces Little Mermaid)

- Mary Poppins - 20 Million (Replaces BatB)

- Pirates Stunt Show - 20 Million (New Boat Added to Fantastic Stadium)

- Tangled Show - 30 Million (Replaces Playhouse Disney)

Total: 505 Million

Overral Total: 935 Million

That Still leaves 65 Million To Fix the Yeti….

disco.jpg

Kidding, I'll see what Ill spend on what more tomorrow…. I feel I might be off on some numbers... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom