Brainstorm - Two Parks for the Price of One?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I thought we could get some creativity going here...

So Armchair Imagineers, here's the task. Use the budget that was given for the DCA Makeover for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. So, each park gets half of the DCA budget, or however you wanna divide it.

Ok, I know it needs way, way more then that. But, I thought we could stretch some ideas with this. Get Creative fixes. Will we fix everything that needs it? Probably not. But I thought it'd be interesting to see what people would do, thoughts, what needs to happen, what would be nice to have, ect. :cool:

I'll post some ideas later to.... :)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
so like Imagineering a new attraction for both parks?

More like... Imagineering a tiny makeover for both parks....

If I'm right, with the DCA budget, they got...

Carsland
Buena Vista Street
Toy Story Midway Mania
World of Color
Silly Symphony Swings
Games of the Boardwalk Makeover
Little Mermaid
Blue Sky Cellar

and.. I'm not Sure if you'd count Mike and Sulley to the Rescue or not...

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Carsland
Buena Vista Street
Toy Story Midway Mania
World of Color
Silly Symphony Swings
Games of the Boardwalk Makeover
Little Mermaid
Blue Sky Cellar

So, if you look at the specs you get:

- 1 new land ( 1 E-Ticket, 1 C-Ticket, 1 quick service restaurant, 1 table service, 2 gift shops, Red the Fire Truck, and DJ)
- 1 new nighttime show ( Lighting, effects, water system, projections)
- 2 D-Tickets (If you consider Little Mermaid a D ticket?)
- 1 ride rehab
- 1 Game rehab
- 1 "Imagineering" Rehab? (One Man's Dream?) (Props?)

:confused:

Voxel

President of Progress City
So, if you look at the specs you get:

- 1 new land ( 1 E-Ticket, 1 C-Ticket, 1 quick service restaurant, 1 table service, 2 gift shops, Red the Fire Truck, and DJ)
- 1 new nighttime show ( Lighting, effects, water system, projections)
- 2 D-Tickets (If you consider Little Mermaid a D ticket?)
- 1 ride rehab
- 1 Game rehab
- 1 "Imagineering" Rehab? (One Man's Dream?) (Props?)

:confused:
If you did creative budgeting you could get more then 1 E-Ticket attraction. For instances Mission Space is $90 Million dollar attraction. Radiator Springs Racers cost over $200 Million making it one of the single most expensive theme park attractions every built. Expidition Everest cost $100 million. Now all of DCA was about 1.1 billion. So Radiator Springs and Cars land was the most expensive chunk at around 300/400 million. World of Color was $75 million. With great budgeting a lot can be accomplished.

Voxel

Yep a dark ride motion simulator ride based off Doctor Who.
That would be awesome I can't wait to see how you do this. I might propose some things. I have a good mind for budgets so I wouldn't mind helping budget out this project with everyone

Twilight_Roxas

Well the idea for this is that the Doctor is switch between David Tennant,Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi. The enemies in the ride are the Cybermen,Daleks,Silence, and The Weeping Angels.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
If you did creative budgeting you could get more then 1 E-Ticket attraction. For instances Mission Space is $90 Million dollar attraction. Radiator Springs Racers cost over $200 Million making it one of the single most expensive theme park attractions every built. Expidition Everest cost $100 million. Now all of DCA was about 1.1 billion. So Radiator Springs and Cars land was the most expensive chunk at around 300/400 million. World of Color was $75 million. With great budgeting a lot can be accomplished.

I like creative budgeting :)

Yep a dark ride motion simulator ride based off Doctor Who.

doctor.gif

Vipraa

EPCOT would be the easy part but I can see DHS taking 1.1 billion on its own and split between the two would be straining that budget lol.

Vipraa

Here are some Ideas of what I would do. EPCOT first.

EPCOT
Future World Makeover - All of the core Future world buildings would receive a makeover to bring them into the 21st century and beyond. The current designs are very much dated a reek of the 80's which is not what future world is about. Buildings would be redesigned to a clean look with curves and lots of glass plus plenty of green plants and water features to highlight the designs.

futuristic-building.jpeg

Spaceship Earth - Minor updates to ride. Project Tomorrow reimagined to be less cartoony and more futuristic.

Wonders of Life Pavilion
- Gone, Destroyed, Razed... sorry :cautious:

(NEW) Digital Frontier Pavilion - This is what would replace Wonders of Life in that location. Technology is the Future and it's presence is severely lacking in Future World. The pavilion would center around a Tron based coaster and sorry motorbike coaster fans but its not one of those. Disney makes all of their rides to be accessible to the vast majority of guests and a motorbike coaster is NOT accessible so it would be a conventional sit down coaster. It would be a launching dueling coaster synced to lights and music providing thrills and soaking up lots of guests. Guests would exit into a computer development lab where leading tech brands would showcase some of their newest gadgets.

Universe of Energy
- Ellen's (dated) Energy Adventure would be shut down and the interior of the pavilion gutted. A new dark ride attraction would take shape within the pavilion. This ride would show the future of energy in the world and where we will be getting it from. It will bring in a newly created character to explain in a fun and entertaining way different energy sources (Coal, Natural Gas, Wind, Solar, Nuclear) and the challenges facing our society in a neat little story. The Exterior would also get a minor overhaul bring out of the 80's and to match the rest of Future World.

Mission Space - Relatively unchanged minus so minor updates.

Test Track - Unchanged

The Seas with Nemo and Friends - This one is difficult because it is a working aquarium and you cant just drain it. Minor updates would be done to the main lobby area to make it more interactive and the Exterior would be updated. I'll have to think some more on some other possible improvements.

The Land - Big updates here. Exterior and interior would go through a minor refresh to emphasize the balance of civilization and nature and bring it in line with the rest of future world. Soarin' would receive a 3rd theater and the HD upgrade with a remastered version the current film playing while the new Soarin' over the World plays simultaneously. They can change films based on demand easily due to new digital systems. Living with the Land with receive significant updates to change it from a boat ride about agriculture to a ride about conservation. Ride would include lots of new scenes that would emphasis living in harmony with nature ending with the tour through the greenhouses. Small drops and audio-animatronics would give small thrills and increase popularity so it can help soak up crowds.

Imagination Pavilion - Current pavilion is a very outdated design so major refurb would happen to the exterior of the pavilion. Captain EO would be replaced by a new special effect show that showcases new technology and effects while fitting with the imagination theme. Journey to Imagination would be completely gutted to make way for a new interactive version of the attraction featuring Figment and Dreamfinder. ImageWorks would be refreshed with new technology and be focused on fostering imaginative and creative thoughts.

World Showcase - Relatively unchanged for budget purposes. With the Wonders of Life pavilion gone i would change the port of entry shops to house the main festival headquarters. Norway receives minor updates to better accommodate Frozen Characters (no update to Maelstrom). Everything else stays the same due to budget constraints (Sorry @MonorailRed )

Festivals - As currently rumored the festivals would happen year round on a seasonal basis.
Dec- Feb - Festival of the Future: Festival celebrating humanity's achievements and the promise of the future.
Mar - May - Flower and Garden Festival : Festival celebrating the beauty of nature while offering food selections from around the world.
Jun - Aug - Festival of the World: A festival celebrating cultures around the world.
Sept - Nov - Food and Wine Festival: Festival celebrating food and drink from around the world.

Estimated Costs
These are estimates based on history and project sizes AND my unprofessional opinion. Only major costs.

Future World Makeover - 150 million
Spaceship Earth - 10 million
Digital Frontier - 100 million
Universe of Energy - 40 million
Seas with Nemo - 10 million
The Land - 100 million
Imagination - 70 million
World Showcase - 25 million
Festivals - 20 million
Mics - 50 million
Total - 575 Million Estimated

Hollywood Studios is next and i only have 525 million left..... oh boy. I'll post my ideas for that tomorrow.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

@Voxel is there anywhere you looked to find those numbers? Or did you just know? :confused: I was trying to look for other numbers of different attractions for comparison :D

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Here are some Ideas of what I would do. EPCOT first.

EPCOT
Future World Makeover - All of the core Future world buildings would receive a makeover to bring them into the 21st century and beyond. The current designs are very much dated a reek of the 80's which is not what future world is about. Buildings would be redesigned to a clean look with curves and lots of glass plus plenty of green plants and water features to highlight the designs.

futuristic-building.jpeg

Spaceship Earth - Minor updates to ride. Project Tomorrow reimagined to be less cartoony and more futuristic.
Wonders of Life Pavilion - Gone, Destroyed, Razed... sorry :cautious:

(NEW) Digital Frontier Pavilion - This is what would replace Wonders of Life in that location. Technology is the Future and it's presence is severely lacking in Future World. The pavilion would center around a Tron based coaster and sorry motorbike coaster fans but its not one of those. Disney makes all of their rides to be accessible to the vast majority of guests and a motorbike coaster is NOT accessible so it would be a conventional sit down coaster. It would be a launching dueling coaster synced to lights and music providing thrills and soaking up lots of guests. Guests would exit into a computer development lab where leading tech brands would showcase some of their newest gadgets.
Universe of Energy - Ellen's (dated) Energy Adventure would be shut down and the interior of the pavilion gutted. A new dark ride attraction would take shape within the pavilion. This ride would show the future of energy in the world and where we will be getting it from. It will bring in a newly created character to explain in a fun and entertaining way different energy sources (Coal, Natural Gas, Wind, Solar, Nuclear) and the challenges facing our society in a neat little story. The Exterior would also get a minor overhaul bring out of the 80's and to match the rest of Future World.

Mission Space - Relatively unchanged minus so minor updates.

Test Track - Unchanged

The Seas with Nemo and Friends - This one is difficult because it is a working aquarium and you cant just drain it. Minor updates would be done to the main lobby area to make it more interactive and the Exterior would be updated. I'll have to think some more on some other possible improvements.

The Land - Big updates here. Exterior and interior would go through a minor refresh to emphasize the balance of civilization and nature and bring it in line with the rest of future world. Soarin' would receive a 3rd theater and the HD upgrade with a remastered version the current film playing while the new Soarin' over the World plays simultaneously. They can change films based on demand easily due to new digital systems. Living with the Land with receive significant updates to change it from a boat ride about agriculture to a ride about conservation. Ride would include lots of new scenes that would emphasis living in harmony with nature ending with the tour through the greenhouses. Small drops and audio-animatronics would give small thrills and increase popularity so it can help soak up crowds.

Imagination Pavilion - Current pavilion is a very outdated design so major refurb would happen to the exterior of the pavilion. Captain EO would be replaced by a new special effect show that showcases new technology and effects while fitting with the imagination theme. Journey to Imagination would be completely gutted to make way for a new interactive version of the attraction featuring Figment and Dreamfinder. ImageWorks would be refreshed with new technology and be focused on fostering imaginative and creative thoughts.

World Showcase - Relatively unchanged for budget purposes. With the Wonders of Life pavilion gone i would change the port of entry shops to house the main festival headquarters. Norway receives minor updates to better accommodate Frozen Characters (no update to Maelstrom). Everything else stays the same due to budget constraints (Sorry @MonorailRed )

Festivals - As currently rumored the festivals would happen year round on a seasonal basis.
Dec- Feb - Festival of the Future: Festival celebrating humanity's achievements and the promise of the future.
Mar - May - Flower and Garden Festival : Festival celebrating the beauty of nature while offering food selections from around the world.
Jun - Aug - Festival of the World: A festival celebrating cultures around the world.
Sept - Nov - Food and Wine Festival: Festival celebrating food and drink from around the world.

Estimated Costs
These are estimates based on history and project sizes AND my unprofessional opinion. Only major costs.

Future World Makeover - 150 million
Spaceship Earth - 10 million
Digital Frontier - 100 million
Universe of Energy - 40 million
Seas with Nemo - 10 million
The Land - 100 million
Imagination - 70 million
World Showcase - 25 million
Festivals - 20 million
Mics - 50 million
Total - 575 Million Estimated

Hollywood Studios is next and i only have 525 million left..... oh boy. I'll post my ideas for that tomorrow.

Awesome Choices for future world! Can't wait to see what you do with DHS!

Voxel

@Voxel is there anywhere you looked to find those numbers? Or did you just know? :confused: I was trying to look for other numbers of different attractions for comparison :D
For some I know. For others a bit a googling the right key words. Such as Cost of Expedition Everest. You will have to do some digging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom