BOY I Miss......

The Duck

I miss World of Motion at Epcot. It was one of the last big projects designed by Disney legend, Marc Davis and it had Marc's sense of humor from start to finish. Also, it had (in 1982), the largest cast of AA's ever assembled in a Disney attraction. For me, the most disturbing thing about gutting the building and putting in that parking garage called Test Track was that the destruction was done while Marc was still alive.

Scooter

I miss the old version of O'Canada (Not a big Martin Short fan and I really miss the song in the old video about the Bluenose sailing ship)

I also miss the McDonalds kiosks in the parks...seriously...I LOVE those fries.

Minnie1976

I miss Motion

The original future world

The Skyway

20,000 leagues

The original train station in Frontierland

If you have wings - free attraction in the 70's days and so cool during the hot days

the music for Listen to the Land when you rode the attraction

The 50 cents parking back in the 70's

The topiaires that use to be all over even on the side of the rodes on property

The radio station when you drove on Disney property

Being able to walk up to a restaurant in the morning and make reservations for lunch or supper - not having to do advanced reservations months ahead of time.

Not all the space taken up with stroller parking

The characters roaming around

Citrus growers sunshine terrace - it was right when you came out of the Tiki Birds and you could get orange swirls,etc and there were tables and stools where you could sit and enjoy your food purchases

The chinese restaurant in Adventureland right by the bridge.

The chowder in one of the restaurants in future world. It was so good so of course they quit serving it years ago.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Bowler Hat Girl

I miss seeing characters just walking around the parks instead of standing in a designated area that you can read all about in a Times Guide. Running into your favorite characters by chance was part of the magic for me as a kid. I get why they can't really do it that way anymore, but it's too bad they had to change it.

I miss Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. Nothing like having a really good steak dinner and watching the monorails go by. That was essentially my happy place back in the day. Contempo Cafe is fine, but counter service food isn't the same. Those were really good steaks...

I miss the majority of the original Future World at Epcot. I wish they'd bring back the real Imagination ride more than anything, but Future World was so much fun with Horizons, World of Motion, and even just the last version of Spaceship Earth.

Just a few thing on my list so far.

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Oh yeh...whats up with that anyway? Y did they change that? He was so cute facing and barking those newspapers. What was the rationale?

Walt Disney1955

Could they ever bring back Toad just based on all the nostalgia it seems to create?

Also, as for Pirates I seem to remember even just a couple years ago that the "wenches" got chased and then chased the Pirates back. Not just one sided. I don't know I guess it doesn't really matter.

Bowler Hat Girl

Also, as for Pirates I seem to remember even just a couple years ago that the "wenches" got chased and then chased the Pirates back. Not just one sided. I don't know I guess it doesn't really matter.

I've never understood their method to making Pirates a more politically correct ride--if you're going to leave the "Buy a Bride" scene in, what's the point of making the women chase the men? Not that I would ever want them to take that scene out or change it, but it always seemed like the most obvious non-PC part of the ride, and what they changed was more tame by comparison.

TropicalFig8

Could they ever bring back Toad just based on all the nostalgia it seems to create?

I don't think Disney cares about nostalgia. That's why other missed attractions are gone.
But if they decide not to do that Princess Meet and Greet replacing Snow White,they could always put Mr.Toad there.

DABIGCHEEZ

While I understand and agree with the desire for the return of some classic atttractions, like Mr. Toad, Kichen Cabaret and some others.

I can certainly say, Boy I miss... the Tiki Goddess, Iago, and Zazu in the Tiki Room. They at least put some energy into the show/attraction. The return to the old show makes it just boring and a sleeper IMO.

Had seen the show many times in original form way back then.

a2grafix

Drinking through red and white paper straws

The Adventurers' Club

New Year's Eve fireworks every night at Pleasure Island

Dancing until 2am on Mannequin's Dance Palace revolving dance floor at Pleasure Island

World of Motion

The Lean Machine

Figment and Dreamfinder characters and the original Journey into Imagination ride

The Magic Shop on Main Street -- so many cool costumes.

The D-shaped butters at The Contemporary Resort Top of the World Club

The basement arcade at The Contemporary. A kid's wonderland.

pumpkin7

I miss the old Disney Store. Now it seems like, unless you are 10 or younger, there's nothing in it for you.

you should try coming to a disney store in the uk then. nothing but childrens stuff, except maybe some mugs... it's annoying because the online american disney store has so many things i would love to have, but at a $20 delivery fee! annoying.

DebbieL

My two big-time misses are the old Spaceship Earth (not a fan of the current version of it) and Alfredo's in Italy. Miss that fettuchini alfredo.

jcldtrek

I Miss the old skyway at the magic kingdom, loved that ride. also old spaceship earth, the new one looks like an unfinished mess at the end. 20,000leagues under the sea also

MaryJaneP

River Country
Topiaries
Contemporary Original Arcade on the first floor
Future World Computer Lab
Welch's Grape Juice Stand in MK
Individual and varied stores on MSUA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom