BOY I Miss......

Walt Disney1955

I don't think Disney cares about nostalgia. That's why other missed attractions are gone.
But if they decide not to do that Princess Meet and Greet replacing Snow White,they could always put Mr.Toad there.

I think they care to an extent. Maybe less than when Walt was alive but I'd like to think that they know that one of the things that seperates them from Universal is the ability to blend the old with the new. Not like Universal.

I've never understood their method to making Pirates a more politically correct ride--if you're going to leave the "Buy a Bride" scene in, what's the point of making the women chase the men? Not that I would ever want them to take that scene out or change it, but it always seemed like the most obvious non-PC part of the ride, and what they changed was more tame by comparison.

Yeah, "Take a Wench for a Bride". I mean, if some uptight person is going to get their shirt in a knot wouldn't it be that? And its still there. Not that it shouldn't be, because to understand that ride you have to be in the mindset of Pirates in the first place. It isn't "real".

CThaddeus

Magic Kingdom
The Walt Disney Story
The original Pirates of the Caribbean (though Disneyland's will always be better)
The old attic in Haunted Mansion (I preferred the ambiguity of the bride forelornly holding a candle to some poorly-projected axe-wielding woman)
The Skyway
Legend of the Lion King (so much better than Mickey's Philharmagic)
20000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Timekeeper (Laugh Floor stinks)
Dreamflight (though I'm good with Buzz Lightyear)
I definitely don't want Toad or Alien Encounter back

EPCOT Center
The name
The edutainment
Tombstone-free entrance
Jeremy Irons' or Walter Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth
Communicore...or at least Alec Tronic in Innoventions
All of Wonders of Life
Horizons
World of Motion (Test Track is one of Disney's worst, in my opinion)
The Living Seas (preferable to the mess that is Nemo)
Food Rocks!
Journey Into Imagination and the ImageWorks upstairs
Ice Station Cool (Club Cool is so boring)
Everything in El Rio Del Tiempo except that awful bartering scene
Wonders of China
The Spirit of Norway shown with doors closed (unless they've finally changed that back)
Tapestry of Nations
The original O' Canada!

Disney Hollywood Studios
A hat-less Hollywood Boulevard
Hunchback of Notre Dame Stage Show
The Original Backlot and Animation Tours
Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play it!
Here Come the Muppets!
Sorcery in the Sky nightly
I wouldn't miss Lights, Motors, Action! if they took it away...

Animal Kingdom
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends (a nice little show)
The boats (only because the Park needs something like that, though with more to look at)
I definitely don't miss Tarzan Rocks! I love the movie, but that show was painful

Chrononymous

Reading this thread...there are so many things I forgot to add!

Of course the Adventurer's club...not just because it absolutely rocked, but also because of the type of attraction it was. Interactive in many unique ways. There is nothing else like it anywhere, and I'm, afraid there never will be again.

And yes, OI do miss World of Motion too. It made me laugh, like few other attractions can.
And I sorely miss all the amazing Epcot music. But I have my CDs to listen to when I feel nostalgic.

And speaking of nostalgia...Mr. Toad is one of those things I only miss for the nostalgia aspect of it. Plus, if I am really feeling like I need to ride it I can still go to Disneyland.

MissMorrow

MK
The Timekeeper
Diamond Horseshoe Saloon
Skyway

EPCOT
Jeremy Irons
Horizons
Cranium Command
Le Cellier when it was quick service/cafeteria
Second floor of Imagination (whatever that was called)
When The Land was a less crowded pavilion
Living statues

DHS
Residential Street/the old Backlot Tour
The old view down Hollywood Blvd
The old animation tour
Hunchback of Notre Dame show
When Prime Time 50’s Café was a livelier place to eat (but maybe that’s just been my luck)

AK
Tarzan
Tusker House as a quick service restaurant

DTD
AC and CW

And I miss riding in the front of the monorail.
And resort specific mugs.

ETA: The old Peoplemover speil

Mr. Toads Wild Ride! FOOD ROCKS! The mud and worms desert at the Garden Grill :(. And DHS before "Dinsey Channel Rocks!" and High School musical / Camp Rock took over

Mr Wizard

When the fountian outside the Muppets theatre was fully animated. And by the way if anyone has any footage of it I would love to see it.

Lord Pheonix

20k.
i never actually rode it, so i don't 'technically' miss it but watching the videos and stuff, it looked awesome! i would have loved to have gone on it.
but i do miss the time keeper. something about being made to stand around for 20 minutes in a 360 degree room, listening to a robot voiced by robin williams was awesome.

and if we dare stumble into universal territory, i'd also vote for kongfrontation! brilliant attraction.

and Jaws! how DARE THEY!!!!

we rode it once back in the early EARLY 80s, never went on it again. mom swore they would sink and we would all drown

rob0519

I miss:
  • The flower market on Main Street
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • The huge assortment of baked goods at the Main Street Bakery instead of the half dozen offerings they have now.
  • Characters walking around the park
  • Being able to get a table service meal without an advance dinner reservation
  • Where there really was a "slow season" for attendance
  • Riding in the front cab of the monorail
  • The tennis courts at the CR
  • The 24 food court at the CR
  • The old arcade at the CR
  • Resort specific merchandise
  • Disney art and decorations in the lobby of the CR
  • Being able to buy Disney merchandise for adults; clothes, books, housewares, etc.
  • McDonald's at Downtown Disney
  • The Soundstage Restaurant and Character Breakfast at DHS
  • The superior maintenance of the parks, resorts and grounds in general
  • The assortment of food in general throughout WDW. Now it's all the same no matter where you go.

the-reason14

I miss the irons version of SSE. I also miss horizons as well as a few others but the irons version of sse seems to be the closest and easiest to reach if that makes sense. I noticed my missing it when I was riding sse with the irons narration. I miss those descent sets.

Walt Disney1955

I know only the old timers can remember this but how about the Swan Boats in MK? I've always thought that would be such a peaceful attraction and neat to see everything from a different perspective. Wish they would bring it back. Being on a boat going around the castle and such would be worth it alone.

I suppose Disneyland has one similar to it though

MadMax11

I miss:

Horizons - imo, the definitive FutureWorld experience

free admission into the parks for DVC members - yeah, that was helpful!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

cinnamon toast sticks for breakfast at counter service spots through EPCOT and Studios

breakfast at Tony's Town Square before park opened

walking on nearly every ride in October

when Downtown Disney was simply the Village Marketplace and was so much easier to navigate - used to be able to rent golf carts at the Tree Houses (before they were shut down and subsequently refurbed) and take back paths there.

my brother's hook up through MetLife, back when they were the sponsor for Wonders of Life. free passes to all corporate suites at all corporate sponsored attractions. nothing like a place to rest, free Coke and an immediate walk to the front of the line from FedEx's lounge at Space Mountain!

Ellie444

I miss the Golden Girls house on the Backlot tour at DHS.

I'll also throw in the old animation tour. I remember seeing the animators draw Lilo and Stitch and I thought it was the coolest thing.

mm52200

I miss...

Block Party Bash, if you couldn't tell by my avatar

Hunchback

Tarzan Rocks

Timekeeper

Doug Live

Oh and Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom