Bowling

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
So I was out bowling with friends the other night, and I started thinking,

Are there any bowling alleys on WDW property? I've never heard of any, but it seems strange that there wouldn't be.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There aren't any, however there is a rumor that the Beach Club at PI will be converted into one in the no so distant future.

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
Wow, fast replies.

I can't imagine what a WDW bowling alley would look like, every one I've ever been in has looked the same.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A state-of-the-art bowling alley, done with Disney flair and special effects...
:cool: coool :sohappy: exciting :king: could be quite fun !!!

TTATraveler

Steamboat_Kevin said:
Wow, fast replies.

I can't imagine what a WDW bowling alley would look like, every one I've ever been in has looked the same.

Perhaps the computer screens would be in the shape of Mickey heads:D I wonder how Disney would handle crowds should a bowling alley get the green light? Timed open bowling per group of people would be a must.

Android-XS

Master Yoda said:
There aren't any, however there is a rumor that the Beach Club at PI will be converted into one in the no so distant future.

I think a bowling alley in PI would do very well. We have a bowling alley/restaurant/bar named splitsville not to far from me and it does great. I can see Disney doing something like it.

http://www.splitsvillelanes.com/

GenerationX

A bowling alley at WDW strikes me as a good idea, as well. Especially if they spare no expense when theming it. Just to establish a frame of reference, the Beach Club at P.I. is on the North side of the island, correct? So, the alley would be located in P.I.-N. :D

WWoS

I'd love to see Disney open a huge bowling alley at the Wide World of Sports.

Considering the huge sports market that Disney is obviously aware of, it's amazing that they haven't done more with the complex to make it more of a draw. There are a million sports themed possibilities and all of them (aside from the "stage amature tournaments") have gone to waste for the past nine years.

Batting cages.
NFL Expirience (now gone from the complex).
Putt-putt golf.
Roller rink.
Ice rink.
Skate park.
Olympic swimming.
Rock wall climbing.
BMX course.
Etc.

Braves spring training, amature sports, and an outdated boring restaurant (the sports calendar did not stop in 1997, All-Star Cafe) are not enough to uphold the Wide World of Sports name.

A mega bowling complex would be a start.

-Billy

Mimi

unkadug said:
A state-of-the-art bowling alley, done with Disney flair and special effects...
:cool: coool :sohappy: exciting :king: could be quite fun !!!

Disney could make anything look cool, but as to whether it is a good idea.. I think not. Probably why they haven't done it.

BUT: if they did, I think that MGM would be the best location; considering the sci-fi diner and such...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Mimi said:
Disney could make anything look cool, but as to whether it is a good idea.. I think not. Probably why they haven't done it.

BUT: if they did, I think that MGM would be the best location; considering the sci-fi diner and such...
Please elaborate on why you feel it's not a good idea and therefore the reason Disney has not done it.

Scooter

Most people bowl in leagues or as a family outing once in a while.
I wouldn't want to bowl in WDW as there are, in my opinion, far more better things to do there.

I, for one, can't see paying $300 a night to stay at a deluxe resort, $62 a day to go to a theme park, and then get all excited about going bowling...but that's just me.:lol:

Woody13

Let's put in a few good pool halls too. :lol: Bowling has always had a rather bad reputation for obvious reasons. Hey, let's have horse racing at WDW too! :p

GenerationX

After years on the decline, bowling is actually making a comeback. Purists may not like why (cosmic bowling), but I'm glad the sport is seeing renewed interest. The smoke-free hours are helping, too.

I think it would be great to put a bowling alley at Downtown Disney. Movie theater, clubs, ... why not a bowling alley?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom