Bounceback is out for Free Dining!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We got a slip in our room to book free dining for 2012.

We are booked!!!

Sorry about the quality. It was taken with my phone in the hotel room!

FreeDining.jpg

BigTxEars

Wow....we will be there starting this Saturday. If I get one of those it will be very hard (OK impossible) not to book next year :ROFLOL:

I hope I see one :)

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If you're there just call the number(s) on the photo I posted WHILE YOU ARE BOOKED AND IN YOUR ROOM. It won't work if you call from home...supposedly.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If you're there just call the number(s) on the photo I posted WHILE YOU ARE BOOKED AND IN YOUR ROOM. It won't work if you call from home...supposedly.

You get until midnight the day you checkout to call.

However, if you called the following day and said if they offered you free dining you would rebook (but would otherwise not return) I simply can't imagine them turning away your business and not offering it to you.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You get until midnight the day you checkout to call.

However, if you called the following day and said if they offered you free dining you would rebook (but would otherwise not return) I simply can't imagine them turning away your business and not offering it to you.

Yeah that is why I said supposedly and really don't want to start a mass calling and have everyone crying so they can hopefully get it.

I just spent 2 weeks in The World and saw plenty of people crying to get what they want...kind of over it right now!

I'm pretty sure if I called tomorrow they would let me book another. They give you the option to book up to 3 rooms on the primary guests name. I booked 2 rooms.

Upvote 0

828tnt

so when did you book? our little guy is likely gonna be born this october, and i'm planning on a trip near his bday!!! still need a trip to bump into you!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Now I wonder if they will come with for the general public. They did last year..that is how I booked the trip we just took. While there in 2010 the BB back still for 2010 and about 2 weeks after getting home they came out with FD and I booked. Ended up getting a better discount of 40% off room in January but it sure is a feeling knowing your going back.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Interesting...

I had a similar flyer, but mine was for Moderates at $102 and AKL or WL at $130. I guess they market differently to different resort levels.

I'll scan it later and post it here.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I'm so upset..that was never in our rooms but I now know other people had it in theirs while we were still there. I would have booked..

That was not the offer when you and I were there...its was still for 2011. So dont let it get you down. I am hoping it will come out to the general public soon like it did last year. If I see something I will be sure to PM you. But with the youngest DD heading off to her 1st year of college I dont think the dates are going to work for me. :( and I am really upset about it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

That is how it's always been...EXCEPT last year when they went nuts and basically had it free all year. It's back to "normal" now.

For free dining or discounts? Because for discounts, I've always booked a Bounceback on my January trip for my July trip, and they run throughout the year, with certain blackout dates of course.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I'm so upset..that was never in our rooms but I now know other people had it in theirs while we were still there. I would have booked..
That is why I have that phone number programmed into my phone and I always call it while we're at WDW if we have a flyer or not, just to make sure.

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

Can someone explain this to me. If you are paying "non discounted" or rack rates for the package, in essence you ARE paying for your dining. It is not free.

I don't think any one savvy enough or who is enough of a Disney fan to be on these boards would pay rack rate.

The only way I can figure that this is free dining is to book the package then call Disney later to apply a discount that's being advertised to the room. (Disney runs discounts year round either on their own site, "saver" fan sites or Expedia/Travelocity. Even Jet Blue runs discount Disney resort rates).

Until Disney stops running discounts for resorts I don't see how dining is free. Unless maybe the savings on food is greater than resort price? I haven't done the math for different scenarios. Has anyone done the math and reached the conclusion that paying full price and getting a dining plan is cheaper than getting a good rate on resort/airfare?

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

Interesting...

I had a similar flyer, but mine was for Moderates at $102 and AKL or WL at $130. I guess they market differently to different resort levels.

I'll scan it later and post it here.

That would be awesome. I hope they are offering that next month. I plan on booking a Bounceback in October for my trip in May.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Can someone explain this to me. If you are paying "non discounted" or rack rates for the package, in essence you ARE paying for your dining. It is not free.

I don't think any one savvy enough or who is enough of a Disney fan to be on these boards would pay rack rate.

The only way I can figure that this is free dining is to book the package then call Disney later to apply a discount that's being advertised to the room. (Disney runs discounts year round either on their own site, "saver" fan sites or Expedia/Travelocity. Even Jet Blue runs discount Disney resort rates).

Until Disney stops running discounts for resorts I don't see how dining is free. Unless maybe the savings on food is greater than resort price? I haven't done the math for different scenarios. Has anyone done the math and reached the conclusion that paying full price and getting a dining plan is cheaper than getting a good rate on resort/airfare?

There are many of threads on the free dining subject so wont get into here. It works so some and not otheres. But I can say a bounceback will be the deepest and best discount you will get. Even better then 40% off rack room rates or a PIN code. But the window of getting offered one while are proporty that will work for you is very small...at least from what I have seen. Might not be that way for others.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
so when did you book? our little guy is likely gonna be born this october, and i'm planning on a trip near his bday!!! still need a trip to bump into you!

Sept 14th - Sept 27th!

Just call and tell them. Maybe they can help?

For free dining or discounts? Because for discounts, I've always booked a Bounceback on my January trip for my July trip, and they run throughout the year, with certain blackout dates of course.

For free dining.

So the rate I am paying for my room is around $90 a night. The BIGGEST discount I would get on that room is MAYBE 40% at value. Which is $36 cheaper. The reg dining plan costs $40 per day to have per person involved. When you have 3-4 people in your room all on the plan...does it make sense?

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There are many of threads on the free dining subject so wont get into here. It works so some and not otheres. But I can say a bounceback will be the deepest and best discount you will get. Even better then 40% off rack room rates or a PIN code. But the window of getting offered one while are proporty that will work for you is very small...at least from what I have seen. Might not be that way for others.

If you like to relax and enjoy your hotels amenities...then a room discount would be the way to go. Getting 40% off a deluxe room would be a great offer to take part in. If you are in the parks for 12+ hours a day and are interested in eating your face off and using your room just to sleep and shower in...you'd have to be pretty crazy to not use the "not free" free dining...well unless you go to Disney World alone. Then it MIGHT make sense not to. Still We just destroyed over $2,000 worth of food and I am pretty sure no value room discount would have even came to half of that.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Since they raised the rack rate at least a couple hundred dollars for next year, dining is NOT free. I don't want free (not) dining, but would like the 4/3 deal again.....:lookaroun I know, thats' not going to happen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom