Bottled Water Prices In Parks?

mousefan17

I was wondering if anyone who recently went to WDW new what the price of the bottled water was in the parks.

I remember reading a few months ago that the price was being reduced from $2.50 to $1.50 in the parks.

I just wanted to know if this actually happened! If not we are bring our own water!

Thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

Now I can't back up this theory - but you know that the bottled water in the local grocery stores is going to be cheaper - I suggest taking your own

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Original Poster
Darn

Thats what we were going to do, buy the water at the grocery store, but we thought that $1.50 wasnt to bad, and it would be worth it to just buy it there, then carry it around all day. But now that it is still $2.50, we will probably get it before!

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

I go to the gym regularly... and I use the same bottle that I refill at home each time. Bottled water is expensive no matter what. That would be my suggestion to you.. get a couple and refill when you can. I was fortunate enough to be treated to concierge last trip... I can't tell you how handy the bottled water was! I would've never thought I'd get so excited about bottled water, but it was such a nice thing to have.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Yes, it is always cheaper to take a bottle and re-fill it. (Or buy a bottle and keep it)

However, there are quite a few people (me included) who think Orlando water tastes like someone washed their feet in it.

I have heard some success stories with the Brita filters. Bring them from home, then you could skip the grocery store.

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Yes, it is always cheaper to take a bottle and re-fill it. (Or buy a bottle and keep it)

However, there are quite a few people (me included) who think Orlando water tastes like someone washed their feet in it.

I have heard some success stories with the Brita filters. Bring them from home, then you could skip the grocery store.

Oh, I definitely use a brita filter... it completely gets rid of any "chlorine" taste in the water. I lived in a house for a while without city water, and once we moved to city water, I just couldn't take that chlorine taste. Plus, it is (hopefully) going to get out any nasty little bugs that may be swimming around in there.

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
At any counter service a cup of water is free!!!! and it has ice and it doesnt taste that bad...compared to the fountain

Dash it all man.:( I'm trying to push Beverly:D :lol: :hurl:

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

I know that the restaurants will give free water (but it is tap). Personally, I do not want to lug more than four bottles of water around each day to save a few bucks, so I guess we will just be driniking the "smelly" Orlando tap!

Upvote 0

Stormhammer22

What I usually do is buy a Poweraid during the day and when I'm finished with it, just stop at any water fountain and fill it up with water. I'm not going to pay 3 bucks for bottled water when there is a water fountain for free. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Some people have suggested taking powdered drink mixes (Crystal Light, Kool-Aid) to mix into tap water.

Others have suggested getting lemons or packets of lemon juice from a restaurant. Lemon juice will help the water's taste.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Sadly, the water is STILL $2.50 despite what we read here earlier.

We did OK with the Brita Water Filter and refilling our own bottles. Somehow, though, even BRITA couldn't get all the smell out of that Florida water!! :lol:

Another thing that helped was using our Resort mugs to fill the empty water bottles with lemonade or fruit punch and packing them in ice the night before and having those for a nice change while in the parks.

Another way to save is to get just one of the Large Sodas and split it between 2 or 3 people at meal time.

The very best thing to do (as pointed out here already) is to bring a six pack of water from the supermarket for each member of the family and throw a few on ice each night to have ready for the next day!

:)

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Oh, I definitely use a brita filter... it completely gets rid of any "chlorine" taste in the water. I lived in a house for a while without city water, and once we moved to city water, I just couldn't take that chlorine taste. Plus, it is (hopefully) going to get out any nasty little bugs that may be swimming around in there.

Then use it for your bottled water too, because tap water is actually cleaner :lol:

I agree with everyone- the water does have an odd taste down there. Blech.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom