Booking hotels for Star Wars lands

Gabrielle Russon

Original Poster
Just curious. Has anybody gone so far to book hotel reservations in California or Florida to get ready for Star Wars land opening even though no official opening date has been announced yet?

Gabrielle Russon

Original Poster
You cross your fingers and book random dates in summer or fall 2019 and hope it works out! But at least you have a hotel reservation already made when the official dates are announced.

Cmdr_Crimson

I fear this as the time I normally go is in Jan/Feb and I'm not going until 2020...Which means by that time SW:GE, M&MRRW, The Gondolas will be up and running...I'm wondering if Pop is going to be booked solid due to the new trasport to the parks and with the new attractions being open will cause this....

Astro_Digital

Can not afford WDW anymore "not a huge Star Wars fan".... Walt Disney World Onsite Hotels - Number of Rooms (36,184 Total) and many, many more if you stay off site, rooms will not be an issue.
Getting in to see the new attractions maybe the issue.

JIMINYCR

Not yet .... but the coin jars, redeemable bottle collections, savings account, visa reward points, gift card gathering and other assorted Disney allocated money schemes are in progress.

JMcMahonEsq

We booked as soon as the rooms were released for November 2019. We would have likely picked the same week without SW/GE opening in Fall 2019, as we try to go during "Jersey Week" however it did make for an added benefit. While I wouldn't guarantee it, if GE opens within 14 days of when we are booked, we might consider moving the reservation if possible.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have two trips planned to Disneyland. One for June and based on rumors about the opening out there we should be there for either opening weekend or right after if the rumors are true. Ironically we originally picked this date to go because we thought it would open later in the summer (and it still might).

DisneyJoe

What is Jersey Week?
NJEA Teacher's Convention is held Thursday-Friday in early November every year, in many cases falling just after Election Day and before Veteran's Day - NJ students have the Thursday-Friday off, and some will have other days off that week for various reasons.

Many families take advantage of this and book a WDW vacation

JMcMahonEsq

Jersey week is the first week in November where all public schools have half days on Mon-Tues-Wed, followed by Thursday and Friday as completely off. It makes for an excellent week for familes to take vacation that is not in the summer or a standard holiday week.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I regularly go the first week of December and I got my reservations at Pop done. Made sure to do that first chance since that's also PopWarner/Cheer week and everything gets booked solid months ahead of time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
NJEA Teacher's Convention is held Thursday-Friday in early November every year, in many cases falling just after Election Day and before Veteran's Day - NJ students have the Thursday-Friday off, and some will have other days off that week for various reasons.

Many families take advantage of this and book a WDW vacation

Too many
Jersey week is the first week in November where all public schools have half days on Mon-Tues-Wed, followed by Thursday and Friday as completely off. It makes for an excellent week for familes to take vacation that is not in the summer or a standard holiday week.

It is not an excellent week because everybody has the same “great idea”...

It has gone from a great week to terrible in about 10 years. The golden goose was strangled

Minthorne

I booked a DVC Boardwalk studio with my points for Dec 13-21. I booked based on the hope that SWGE will be open and Episode IX releases 12/20/19.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom