Booking Dining Plan For Only A Few People

BelleofDE

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I have a question.

My sister and I are planning a trip in 2012 to WDW. We are thinking about sharing a cabin at Fort Wilderness with both of our families. My husband and I absolutely love the Dining Plan and want to purchase it for this vacation. My sister is not so keen on the idea of the dining plan and doesn't want to purchase it. Is there anyway that only a couple people in one room can get the Dining Plan, or does everyone have to get it?

Thanks!

Mukta

It is my understanding that everyone on a package must share the same details. If they stay in a separate cabin with a separate reservation then it is fine.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Everyone on the same reservation has to have the same package. Because the dining plan is shared on all the keys to the same room [or in your case cabin], there is no way to separate it amongst the people sharing the room.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Everyone on the reservation must have the dining plan if you are going to use it since the dining plan is linked to the reservation and not each person. In my opinion, if you plan it out right and use all of your points, the dining plan will save you a ton of money.

Upvote 0

wolf359

What if you booked the reservation for just two people (with the dining plan) and your sister simply bought park tickets when she arrived?

Upvote 0

BelleofDE

Original Poster
What if you booked the reservation for just two people (with the dining plan) and your sister simply bought park tickets when she arrived?

That sounds sneaky, lol. And I like it :lol:
The only problems I could see with this:
1. My sister wouldn't have a key to the room then
2. What if Disney found out?

Upvote 0

Rob562

That sounds sneaky, lol. And I like it :lol:
The only problems I could see with this:
1. My sister wouldn't have a key to the room then
2. What if Disney found out?

Actually, it *is* possible to "officially" add people onto a room after you check into the resort. It's just like adding days onto individual tickets after check-in. Once the Package is "exploded" (their term for giving out all the various aspects of the reservation), some individual pieces can be altered. (Adding the Dining Plan, in whole or in part, *isn't* one of those things you can do after-the-fact, though)

As long as you stay within the occupancy limits of the room, you're OK. They'll just have you pay any applicable extra-person fees. Each person will get their own room key, and those who are added afterward can purchase tickets and have them encoded onto their keys.

The one catch with this plan would be if those extra people need to use Magical Express. I do not believe there's a way to have them get DME from the airport, while still waiting to add them until after check-in.

-Rob

Upvote 0

BelleofDE

Original Poster
Actually, it *is* possible to "officially" add people onto a room after you check into the resort. It's just like adding days onto individual tickets after check-in. Once the Package is "exploded" (their term for giving out all the various aspects of the reservation), some individual pieces can be altered. (Adding the Dining Plan, in whole or in part, *isn't* one of those things you can do after-the-fact, though)

As long as you stay within the occupancy limits of the room, you're OK. They'll just have you pay any applicable extra-person fees. Each person will get their own room key, and those who are added afterward can purchase tickets and have them encoded onto their keys.

The one catch with this plan would be if those extra people need to use Magical Express. I do not believe there's a way to have them get DME from the airport, while still waiting to add them until after check-in.

-Rob

Thank you very much for the info! I see where the DME would throw a hitch in the plan. I'm just throwing around different things with my sister, and that is one concern I have. I have a feeling we will probably end up in separate rooms because we'll have our daughter (who will just be right under 3 y/o) with us and I doubt she'll want to share a place with a terrible two!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thank you very much for the info! I see where the DME would throw a hitch in the plan. I'm just throwing around different things with my sister, and that is one concern I have. I have a feeling we will probably end up in separate rooms because we'll have our daughter (who will just be right under 3 y/o) with us and I doubt she'll want to share a place with a terrible two!
Separate rooms certainly solves the DDP issue. :king:

Upvote 0

buseegal

cabins only have one bedroom, one double bed and set of bunks, and murphy bed in the livingroom. so both kids would have to sleep in bedroom with one on top bunk or place younger one in a pack n play in kitchen area which is shared with livingroom. no room for adults to stay up past kids that way.:mad:

Upvote 0

wolf359

Knowing now that it will be three adults and one child it makes more and more sense to get two connecting value resort rooms. You can choose whatever dining and ticket options you'd each prefer, and yet still have some privacy.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So you can not add the dining option once you book your package. No matter if you booked through Disney or a 3rd party.
Sure you can.

You can add anything to a package after it's booked. You just can't make changes to the Dining Plan or add it after the cut-off date [which I believe is 3 days before check-in, but I'm honestly not positive]. All you have to do is call with your confirmation number and they'll make whatever changes you want. If you're within 45 days of check-in there may be a change fee. If the changes add to the cost of your package, they usually waive the fee.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom