Booking a WDW vacation?

WDFAN1977

I have 7 people in my party and we are interested in going to WDW in August of 06. What way is the cheapest to book a vacation (WDW website, travel agent, etc... .). Thanks for any help.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
WDFAN1977 said:
I have 7 people in my party and we are interested in going to WDW in August of 06. What way is the cheapest to book a vacation (WDW website, travel agent, etc... .). Thanks for any help.

Obviously a travel agent would cost more. disneyworld.com and calling 1-407-WDISNEY will be the same price. However, I would recommend calling, because -

1) the website is awful
and
2) the CMs you talk to at the call center can usually get you exactly what you want/need more than you could on the site.

Upvote 0

DarkSoldier55

i have to say that i really like the website, and the way its setup. We actually just booked our vacation on the website. before you do anything, you have to make an account under the My Vacation section, and then you can go on from there. select your dates, pick your resort, and then pick your tickets, and then you get a final price.

Upvote 0

Iakona

Thrawn said:
Obviously a travel agent would cost more. disneyworld.com and calling 1-407-WDISNEY will be the same price. However, I would recommend calling, because -

1) the website is awful
and
2) the CMs you talk to at the call center can usually get you exactly what you want/need more than you could on the site.

Actually, if you use Pam at Kingdom Konsultants the commission is paid by Disney; you don't pay anything extra. She can get you the best deal possible and with such a large group she will help with the planning and ADRs as part of booking with her (no charge).

I agree with the website being awful.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DarkSoldier55 said:
i have to say that i really like the website, and the way its setup. We actually just booked our vacation on the website. before you do anything, you have to make an account under the My Vacation section, and then you can go on from there. select your dates, pick your resort, and then pick your tickets, and then you get a final price.

Yes, I know how a website works. However, it is lightyears behind any normal 2005 website. If you take a look at other booking sites, like expedia, you can plainly see that Disney's web programmers need to be fired. For example, you can't apply discounts, you can't make special requests on your room (location, non-smoking, etc) and above all, half the time there are availabilities that aren't shown on the website, but you can get by calling.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Thrawn said:
Obviously a travel agent would cost more.

Iakona said:
Actually, if you use Pam at Kingdom Konsultants the commission is paid Disney; you don't pay anything extra. She can get you the best deal possible and with such a large group she will help with the planning and ADRs as part of booking with her (no charge).

I agree with the website being awful.

I thought that all travel agents got paid on commission...I'm pretty sure mine does... :confused:

Maybe it's the more dishonest ones who charge a fee, but from what I've heard from my mom (who used to dabble in travel agentry), travel agents get paid from the company. Of course, I could be completely and udderly wrong...I'm just trying to get some of my facts cleared up.

Upvote 0

Iakona

nibblesandbits said:
I thought that all travel agents got paid on commission...I'm pretty sure mine does... :confused:

Maybe it's the more dishonest ones who charge a fee, but from what I've heard from my mom (who used to dabble in travel agentry), travel agents get paid from the company. Of course, I could be completely and udderly wrong...I'm just trying to get some of my facts cleared up.

Correct, I had left out the word "by." Disney pays the commission. I have looked at prices after Pam has booked my trips and she does a great job and there are no hidden fees.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Iakona said:
Correct, I had left out the word "by." Disney pays the commission. I have looked at prices after Pam has booked my trips and she does a great job and there are no hidden fees.
Oh...I knew what you were talking about...I was more using your post as a reference from Thrawn's post...Thawn stated that a travel agent would be more and I was just wondering how that was possible if MOST travel agents didn't charge commissions...so then, wouldn't the price be on par with what you'd recieve from Disney or something like AAA?

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

I would go to the website first, and check out all the resorts and tickets, and figure out exactly what you want. Then, I would call to actaully book the vacation. I think it's easier to book talking to a person, that way, you can get any questions answered right then.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Disney is selling their own package and therefore the profit goes straight to Disney - A travel agent will be able to resource ALL travel companies who offer either complete packages to Disney or seperate flights, accomodation etc and they are paid by the travel company.
Go to the travel agent and get them to resource the best package and prices for the dates you want. A travel agent will then be able to "hold" that package for you for 24 hours - use this time to contact Disney and compare their package and prices.
You're not under any obligation to book with either until you say "yes"

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You are 100% corrrect Iakona!! Pam of Kingdom Konsultants does NOT charge a fee. He fee is paid by Disney or one of the other vacation destinations that she can book ( yep she actually does more than just Disney!) Pam's advantage is that you arent booking stuff a phone call at a time and she can research and find you the best possible rates for your group. Disney CANNOT offer information on discounts unless you already know what discounts apply for your group, Pam will offer suggestions!! In answer to do all travel agents not charge a fee, the answer is no that is not true. Expedia, Travelocity etc definitely charge a fee as do some travel agencies. Is that illegal? No but it is buyer beware type of thing. Also Pam is pretty unique as if a discount comes out that your party is eligible for, she will rebook your package at the lower rate!! She is looking to build relationships with her clients, not just get the most amount of a commission and then run. As suggested by Captain Hook, definitely price out your options. That is the only fair comparison that you can do!! Belle

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I am a huge fan of travel agents. We had a fabulous one which we used for 10 years until she left the business. We booked a few trips on our own which went fine. We used the Disney website which was rather slow and we called Disney direct which was a better option for us since we usually are booking 2 rooms. Last year we tried Pam at Kingdom Konsultants and are sold on the travel agent booking our trips again. One phone call and she does all the work.

If you are set on booking the trip yourself, check out www.mousesavers.com to learn about any possible discounts that might apply to your trip and group before you call or log on. They are a great resource.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

Call Pam. It doesn't cost you anything and will likely save you a lot.
If it wasn't for the deal she was able to get us, there's no way we would be going at all. I did a lot of research on my own beforehand and was amazed.

If you're willing to go to any website and deal with using it, I can assure you you get more from KingdomKonsultants on many levels with less of your valuable time spent.
http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com

Upvote 0

mrtoad

I say Kingdom Konsultants as well. Pam is the best. When we went to WDW this past August, I logged into the Annual Passholder site and there was nothing listed for discounts for anything but the Value resorts. Port Orleans Riverside came up to just under $670.00. I decided to do it anyway as we were going to stay at Pop Century but really wanted to upgrade. I cost for Pop was $330.00 but I figured even though it was more than double I could justify the extra cash.

I called Pam and she was able to get it for me for $440.00 only $100 more than staying at Pop and over $200 cheaper than Disney was advertising.

Call her, you won't be dissapointed...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom