Pre-Trip Booked yesterday - only 33 days to wait

Hi there

I had to do my first pre trip just to share the news that I am going to Disney and as the title suggests I have to wait just 33 days!

The countdown that was at 274 days is still there but this one has jumped in front!

2D9DA072-A586-46FE-8CFB-2D670D81DA45.jpeg

So how did this happen? Good question!

So my news years resolution was to go for a walk during my lunch hour for any days I worked at home - I never take a lunch hour so this in itself would be a challenge and I’m still trying to get rid of the weight I gain while in Disney in November so walking seemed a good option to clear my head and get some exercise.

So I asked Chris if he fancied a walk and yes he did so off we go..........

The holiday year at work starts on 1st April and runs to the end of March and I still had days to take but where to go?

So the conversation goes

Chris (will be C for future parts of the conversation) - so what do you fancy doing?
Me “I don’t really want to get on a plane I’ll be happy with a log cabin near a forest so we can do some walks”
C - “I fancy some sun”
Me “so what are your thought?”
C - “Mexico, Caribbean, Canaries”
Me- “we’ll lets see how much they are but that’s getting in a plane and I fancy just getting in a car and going somewhere”
C - “we could always go to Disney!”

Well right there and then I knew why I had married this man! His love of Disney has grown over the years - he’ll never be at my level but trust me he is getting there! Had he really just suggested WDW?

With a massive grin on my face I looked back at him and said

“We only went in November, we’re already booked for Nov 2018 I think it will be too expensive - are you serious? I didn’t wait for the reply - I tell you after that conversation the whole walk sped up so we could get home and check out prices.

Once home prices were checked - nothing seemed reasonable, Mexico was checked along with loads of other things

A day or 2 went by nothing sorted, no decision made, still discussing options - Then one night I was watching TV and a voice out of the study says

“How about Disney for £1400 each

My reply - do we have to walk there? What does that include? Bet those flights aren’t direct.

C- “hotel, direct flight and park tickets - it’s not Riverside though - is All star sports

- those of you who have read my TR in the last will know I’ve been to Disney 21 times (all Nov trips except in May 1998) and always at Riverside but this would mean I could go to Disney again albeit not in my beloved Riverside.

I did hesitate at this point and I turned to my WDW friends and posted in the trip planning forum around crowd levels for March and they told me what I already knew - that I wanted to go! Bite the bullet, ignore the crowds, better a busy day in Disney than anywhere else!
Did I need them to tell me. Probably not but as we couldn’t make the decision I knew my friends would - thank you. :)

So fast forward to last night - checked the price again - moved it forward a week and the price was cheaper - so booked it :D
total £2620 for a direct flight with Virgin, 14 day lark ticket and 10 night in All Star Sports. RESULT :D

November we have 14 nights hotel and park tickets at POR for £3458 and I don’t have a flight yet! Which will probably add another £1000

i am treating this whole trip as a bonus - we haven’t got our ticket reference number yet to do any fast passes so let’s see what happens - I’m hoping as we’re 33 days out at least the offsite guests won’t have booked anything yet

I can’t believe that I am going again - is this a dream?
In just 33 days I’ll be back home! We leave on 12th March!

108CF419-844B-43D7-9E15-99AC2DF4A1B8.jpeg

You just got to love this man!
He is my Prince Charming

555E0E0D-2F2F-40BA-B786-821068588458.jpeg

I had 2 things that I’d like to see and do in Disney

One was flower and garden - I love gardening and can’t wait to see everything
And the second is a not so scary Halloween party -

So if any of you have any tips for March, things to do, weather then please let me know

I am literally beyond excited and had to share with those who’ll understand.

Last edited:

Tiggertoo56

I remember there are a few of you - I’ll miss the party this year (maybe one year it will work out as I’d love to go for trick and treat, character photos and the parade- I’ll be there from 7th to 21st Nov so hopefully our paths will cross.
Will you do the MVMCP? Hopefully some of us will do that too.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Yay! I am crossing my fingers for awesome weather. We'll be at Saratoga Springs, so not too far from you! (got that from your signature, I'm not just psychic :hilarious:)

I went the same exact week last year for my bachelor party and we had perfect weather. I'm crossing my fingers that it's the same! We were choosing between Old Key West and Saratoga Springs but went with OKW. We just booked out trip last week :D.

I also followed you on Instagram, your feed is great!

sheriffwoody

I went the same exact week last year for my bachelor party and we had perfect weather. I'm crossing my fingers that it's the same! We were choosing between Old Key West and Saratoga Springs but went with OKW. We just booked out trip last week :D.

I also followed you on Instagram, your feed is great!
Woo hoo! You guys with your last minute trips...I haven't ever planned one less than like 3 months out, but I think I would love doing spontaneous last minute trips :) I followed you back from my photography account! I am weird and have 3 instagram accounts :hilarious: personal - photography - disney. I don't think I realized you shot weddings! It's fun stuff :D

Sorry to highjack your report @Longers :oops: I'm interested to see how the crowds compare when you're there and when me and Matt are there. I know we always have CRAZY crowds during spring break, but I bet you'll be there before that hits.

Longers

Original Poster
Woo hoo! You guys with your last minute trips...I haven't ever planned one less than like 3 months out, but I think I would love doing spontaneous last minute trips :) I followed you back from my photography account! I am weird and have 3 instagram accounts :hilarious: personal - photography - disney. I don't think I realized you shot weddings! It's fun stuff :D

Sorry to highjack your report @Longers :oops: I'm interested to see how the crowds compare when you're there and when me and Matt are there. I know we always have CRAZY crowds during spring break, but I bet you'll be there before that hits.

Hijack away - I’m hoping your right about the crowds.

LeighM

This is our first time not staying at Port Orleans as well. It's definitely our home away from home and I'm going to miss it. We're staying at Coronado Springs instead. We're traveling with my husband's oldest brother and his wife for part of our trip and CSR was the easiest for both of us to reserve a room - plus I was able to get a great discount with the Disney Visa so we couldn't say no to CSR. Even with the construction. I doubt we'll be at the resort that much anyway.

We should try meeting up at some point your first week with @ajrwdwgirl. This will probably be my last WDW until 2021 :(

Ariel1986

Omg how awesome!! I’m jealous! And what a great price. Surprise last minute trips are the best! So exciting. Can’t wait to follow along!

How great is the moment your Prince Charming falls that little bit more into the Disney Life ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is our first time not staying at Port Orleans as well. It's definitely our home away from home and I'm going to miss it. We're staying at Coronado Springs instead. We're traveling with my husband's oldest brother and his wife for part of our trip and CSR was the easiest for both of us to reserve a room - plus I was able to get a great discount with the Disney Visa so we couldn't say no to CSR. Even with the construction. I doubt we'll be at the resort that much anyway.

We should try meeting up at some point your first week with @ajrwdwgirl. This will probably be my last WDW until 2021 :(

A meet up sounds good, we can do a private message and plan if you'd like or just go on the fly. I know we are planning time to spend some time in the early evening at Trader Sam's, I think on the 14th, I just love it in there. And @Longers we are staying at the Sports too so we may run into you there.

Here's a picture of us (Amy & Brad) so if you see us feel free to say hi!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8061177382.jpeg

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes

This is my first spontaneous trip! We plan on it being a more relaxed trip, sleeping in the mornings and going to the parks in the afternoon and evenings. I've only shot one wedding ha. I'm mostly doing photography as a hobby.

As far as crowds, I think you'll be fine @Longers. I chose the first week of March because it was after marathon weekend and Presidents day weekend. I figured the spring break crowds will come after that.

prfctlyximprct

SOOOOOO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU! Spur of the moment quick trips are the way to go! When I saw your picture next to this pretrip report with 33 days I almost screamed!!!!!!

Maybe you can find some flower and garden ears for me!!!! Jk jk

Again YAYYYYYYYY DISNEY DANCING FOR YOU

LeighM

A meet up sounds good, we can do a private message and plan if you'd like or just go on the fly. I know we are planning time to spend some time in the early evening at Trader Sam's, I think on the 14th, I just love it in there. And @Longers we are staying at the Sports too so we may run into you there.

View attachment 262375

Just sent yall a message with a rough outline of our schedule. Hopefully they line up at some point that week! And here is a picture of me and my husband:
STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20161004_7821718564.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster

Any discount cannot be ignored when Disney is involved.
We are still sorting out what to do and when so hopefully our paths will cross.

And you never know when you might be going back - just look at me!

Longers

Original Poster

View attachment 262375
That’s perfect at least I know what you look like now!
Obviously I’m still behind with my planning but I’m sure that we’ll probably run into you at some point

Longers

Original Poster
This is my first spontaneous trip! We plan on it being a more relaxed trip, sleeping in the mornings and going to the parks in the afternoon and evenings. I've only shot one wedding ha. I'm mostly doing photography as a hobby.

As far as crowds, I think you'll be fine @Longers. I chose the first week of March because it was after marathon weekend and Presidents day weekend. I figured the spring break crowds will come after that.

Thanks enjoy your trip - i’m Going to be more chilled out for this one too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom