Booked my Disney wedding!

rufio

Original Poster
We booked our Disney Escape wedding for December at Sea Breeze Point by the boardwalk and we're SO excited! We'll be staying at BLT for the first week and AKV or BW for the last half (not sure yet because we're DVC members and those aren't our home resorts). I am SO excited! :ROFLOL:

Who else has had a Disney wedding? What has your experience been? Do you have any pictures???

Congrats :sohappy: If you have any questions feel free to ask. I had a blast with our wedding, and we just did a vow renewal at the gf so that we could do the magic kingdom photo shoot. We didn't have the money for it the first go round. And had planned to do it on our 10th, but with the memories promo they ran we couldn't pass up the price. :animwink:

Mermaids

I attended my friends wedding this past Oct. 2011 at Sea Breeze Point! A-MAZE-ING! It is absolutely beautiful there! Congrats!!! Such a panoramic view AND magically secluded at the same time! Perfect spot! (also a hop skip and a jump to Epcot! :D) Endless photo opps around Sea Breeze Point!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Congrats! I'm hoping my DBF will propose within the next year so I can start "officially" planning my Disney Wedding

PolynesianPrincess

Congrats!! My dream wedding location is the wedding pavilion. I fell in love the first time I watched a special on tv about the very first wedding held there :)

fryedm

We had a disney wedding in 2009 and it was awesome! We would do it again and again and again... We were married at the wedding pavilion and reception at the living sea salon in epcot. We blogged a little bit about our disney wedding on our blog at http://magicyourwayweddings.com/blog/our-fairy-tale-wedding/

We took off for a whole month to celebrate with family and friends.

We decided to do something a little different when we were announced. I had Sara come in by herself when the dj announced the princess and she came in looking around for me. Then she went to the dance floor and sat on a seat, then I came in with a glass slipper on a pillow. I put it on her foot and we started our first dance.

We also set up a rehearsal dinner at the polynesian dinner show. Reading your post made me think of our wedding all over again. I love disney weddings...

s&k'smom

How wonderful, congrats to the both of you for a happy Disney life together. My friend had a wedding at the Pavilion years ago and I have to say it was awesome, the Disney folks did nothing short of a fantastic job for her. Ohhhhh how I love Disney romance.

stlbobby

Congratulations! I just posted the following on another thread so if you've read it you're not having deja vu, It was on a thread discussing things people are too cheap to do at Disney that's why I reference prices here and there:

I got married at WDW and it was great. Now just like any other wedding you can go crazy and drive the price way up, or you can do the basic package and add a few extras and it is reasonable. Mine was six years ago and please don't ask for prices because I honestly don't remember. But I do know that when we looked into getting married in St. Louis the Disney prices were not out of line and often more affordable. Additionally everything is so much simpler. You have one planner that takes care of booking the venue, the musicians, the photographer, the flowers, and the cake. Logistically we didn't have to worry about moving people around since everything was contained on property.

My rehearsal dinner was at 'Ohanna's the night prior. I just made a large reservation and they took care of everything. They really went out of their way to make it special without me having to do anything extra.

My actual ceremony was done in the Gazebo at the end of the Boardwalk. With the basic package that included a musician, photographer, flowers, venue, cake, and coordinator. Afterward we walked over to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse where I had reserved their side room for the reception. They were great when I contacted them. They had a reception menu available with family style bread and appetizers and a everyone got a choice of entree and were able to order it right there. We didn't have to decide months in advance. I chose four bottles of wine to have open and ready, with four more on standby.

Just after we got in and seated the electricity went off and the restaurant filled with smoke--the exhaust system had shut down. The staff took us outside to a patio where they continued to bring appetizers, bread, and wine for almost an hour. Once the power returned we sat back down and new bottles of wine were opened, orders taken, toasts made, and dinner was served.

When I got the bill there was no wine or alcohol on it. I know they served at least eight bottles of wine and maybe more as I have no idea how much was poured while we waited. The bottles I picked out ranged from $90 to $120 and there were at least two each, but it was all comped.

Needless to say I left a nice tip.

In short I think I paid less for my Disney wedding than I would have for the same level at home, and definitely less than other premiere destination weddings. And when you add in the ease and exemplary service, I feel I got a bargain.

ddbowdoin

We booked our Disney Escape wedding for December at Sea Breeze Point by the boardwalk and we're SO excited! We'll be staying at BLT for the first week and AKV or BW for the last half (not sure yet because we're DVC members and those aren't our home resorts). I am SO excited! :ROFLOL:

Who else has had a Disney wedding? What has your experience been? Do you have any pictures???

so, am I invited... that's the biggest question

ddbowdoin

I wanted a Disney wedding... but that didn't happen.

1.) friends and family would likely miss it, expecting people to spend money on airfare and expensive resorts wasn't happening. I know it was about us, but we also wanted to be there with our closest friends and family.
2.) see 1, since I didn't pay for the deal I had little input.
3.) as for people claiming WDW weddings are so expensive, my wedding with 165 guests was just over 56 grand.... so yeah, I still wished we eloped and have that check for a DVC lol

stlbobby

I wanted a Disney wedding... but that didn't happen.

1.) friends and family would likely miss it, expecting people to spend money on airfare and expensive resorts wasn't happening. I know it was about us, but we also wanted to be there with our closest friends and family.
2.) see 1, since I didn't pay for the deal I had little input.
3.) as for people claiming WDW weddings are so expensive, my wedding with 165 guests was just over 56 grand.... so yeah, I still wished we eloped and have that check for a DVC lol

Wow. That is a bill.

rufio

Original Poster

I love these photos! Was your cake an upgrade? That wasn't one of our options. I agree that the prices aren't bad! We're having an Escape wedding with 9 guests at Sea Breeze Point. Our rehearsal dinner is at Sanaa and our "reception" dinner is at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We just liked the atmosphere and knew that it would be much less expensive than, say, Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The venue alone in our hometown was going to cost more than our entire wedding at WDW!

rufio

Original Poster
well that includes the dress, photographer, flowers, dj, venue, food... the whole shabang

but, every girl wants that dream wedding!

Not this girl! I'm happy with my 9-person guest list and the Boardwalk! :D I can think of sooooo many other things to spend almost 60K on! For instance, paying off my DVC membership!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom