Booked my Disney wedding!

stlbobby

I love these photos! Was your cake an upgrade? That wasn't one of our options. I agree that the prices aren't bad! We're having an Escape wedding with 9 guests at Sea Breeze Point. Our rehearsal dinner is at Sanaa and our "reception" dinner is at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We just liked the atmosphere and knew that it would be much less expensive than, say, Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The venue alone in our hometown was going to cost more than our entire wedding at WDW!

It was the standard cake at the time. It looks bigger in the picture than it really was, but it was delicious and the cake topper was beautiful. The GF Cafe is beautiful and you will have all the magic of the GF itself. Were the rehearsal dinner and reception part of the package or were you on your own for those?

rufio

Original Poster
It was the standard cake at the time. It looks bigger in the picture than it really was, but it was delicious and the cake topper was beautiful. The GF Cafe is beautiful and you will have all the magic of the GF itself. Were the rehearsal dinner and reception part of the package or were you on your own for those?

No, we're on our own. Our family is paying for their own meal for the rehearsal dinner and we will be paying for the reception (obviously). We figure it would be best to go to GF Cafe rather than somewhere more fancy because we are on a budget and I'd rather everyone be able to order whatever they want then have to worry about whether they order the most expensive thing on the menu. I'm glad to hear the cake is good! I can't imagine that anything from Disney could be anything else, but given the limited choice in flavors, I was a little worried. We're going with vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream filling. Living on the edge! :p

stlbobby

No, we're on our own. Our family is paying for their own meal for the rehearsal dinner and we will be paying for the reception (obviously). We figure it would be best to go to GF Cafe rather than somewhere more fancy because we are on a budget and I'd rather everyone be able to order whatever they want then have to worry about whether they order the most expensive thing on the menu. I'm glad to hear the cake is good! I can't imagine that anything from Disney could be anything else, but given the limited choice in flavors, I was a little worried. We're going with vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream filling. Living on the edge! :p

I had the vanilla with vanilla buttercream too. I asked them if we could have milk for the champagne because it was early and we wouldn't be eating for a few hours, and in the Mid-west we like to toast with milk--it's and Indy 500 thing. They had delicious cold milk, and gave us the corked bottle of champagne for later.

You should call and talk to the manager GF Cafe at the restaurants. They probably have a policy/menu for things like your reception. I know the Yachtsman had it all figured out when I went in. I did a short trip down just to scout everything out. They were great. Everyone got to order an entree from a choice of five--two steaks, a fish, a chicken, or a vegetarian. They brought out dishes of four different sides for the tables and everyone had whatever they liked. They brought bread for the tables and everyone got to choose from a few deserts.

I bet CF Cafe would do something similar for you. It helps everyone. The restaurant knows what to expect and prepare so they can serve you better, the guests don't have to guess or worry about what to order or not order, because the menu is somewhat set, and you have at least an idea of what the cost will be. Either way that is a really nice venue, and perfect for your size party.

I chose 'Ohanna's for the rehearsal dinner because it is a single price for everyone's meal. It was easy to predict cost, order, and eat. Plus it was a great atmosphere.

Sanaa is more upscale and formal and will work well for a rehearsal dinner. It will be relaxed and and they have wonderfully exotic meals, which I'm sure you know. You should take a glass of wine out on the porch and sit and enjoy the bonfire they have at the AKL. With your size group it will be a wonderful way to relax before your big day.

Just remember to relax and have fun. I used to shoot wedding videos and I saw so many days ruined because brides, grooms, and mothers couldn't handle the smallest issues. Just enjoy the moment and realize your at WDW and all that really matters is your vows.

rufio

Original Poster
I had the vanilla with vanilla buttercream too. I asked them if we could have milk for the champagne because it was early and we wouldn't be eating for a few hours, and in the Mid-west we like to toast with milk--it's and Indy 500 thing. They had delicious cold milk, and gave us the corked bottle of champagne for later.

You should call and talk to the manager GF Cafe at the restaurants. They probably have a policy/menu for things like your reception. I know the Yachtsman had it all figured out when I went in. I did a short trip down just to scout everything out. They were great. Everyone got to order an entree from a choice of five--two steaks, a fish, a chicken, or a vegetarian. They brought out dishes of four different sides for the tables and everyone had whatever they liked. They brought bread for the tables and everyone got to choose from a few deserts.

I bet CF Cafe would do something similar for you. It helps everyone. The restaurant knows what to expect and prepare so they can serve you better, the guests don't have to guess or worry about what to order or not order, because the menu is somewhat set, and you have at least an idea of what the cost will be. Either way that is a really nice venue, and perfect for your size party.

I chose 'Ohanna's for the rehearsal dinner because it is a single price for everyone's meal. It was easy to predict cost, order, and eat. Plus it was a great atmosphere.

Sanaa is more upscale and formal and will work well for a rehearsal dinner. It will be relaxed and and they have wonderfully exotic meals, which I'm sure you know. You should take a glass of wine out on the porch and sit and enjoy the bonfire they have at the AKL. With your size group it will be a wonderful way to relax before your big day.

Just remember to relax and have fun. I used to shoot wedding videos and I saw so many days ruined because brides, grooms, and mothers couldn't handle the smallest issues. Just enjoy the moment and realize your at WDW and all that really matters is your vows.

Our wedding is at 2:30 in the afternoon, so champagne will be perfect! Four people in our party do not drink alcohol, so I am getting champagne and sparkling juice or whatever.

I'll definitely be giving the GF Cafe a call! I had no idea that I should do this. Four of us will be on DDP, so I wonder how that will factor in.

Sanaa is actually better for my party than 'Ohana because the a la carte prices are cheaper than the flat rate meal. Since my family is paying for their own meal at the rehearsal dinner, they wanted more options as far as prices go. I do love the idea of the bonfire! I'm sure my mom would really enjoy it!

stlbobby

Our wedding is at 2:30 in the afternoon, so champagne will be perfect! Four people in our party do not drink alcohol, so I am getting champagne and sparkling juice or whatever.

I'll definitely be giving the GF Cafe a call! I had no idea that I should do this. Four of us will be on DDP, so I wonder how that will factor in.

Sanaa is actually better for my party than 'Ohana because the a la carte prices are cheaper than the flat rate meal. Since my family is paying for their own meal at the rehearsal dinner, they wanted more options as far as prices go. I do love the idea of the bonfire! I'm sure my mom would really enjoy it!

Good luck and have fun.

wiigirl

Hope you have a great wedding! :)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom