Bonnet Creek Resort??

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Bdis86
Oh, Disney would exist alright. Disney has all the rights they need, even to build a power plant and an airport.

I didn't say that! I said if Disney were to get rid of EVERYTHING non-Disney related within its borders, the resort would cease to exist. And it's true. By everything, I mean EVERYTHING...

IE-No more Car Care Center, no more outside Vendors doing business, NO MORE Orange County Sheriff's deputies for emergencies (big one!), NO MORE Mears shuttles taking people to WDW from the Airport and off property hotels. I was speaking of everything as was stated by Fossil, not just of the little things we find annoying.

And yes, Disney has all the rights they need. They could also start their own REAL police Dept (Disney Security is a joke!) and levy taxes if they really wanted to. But there are reasons they don't...

...they don't want to overstep the boundaries given to them by the state, because all it would take would be 1 election, and Reedy Creek will cease to exist.

Originally posted by DonickCo
if they tryed to do something like that i think disney will make things really hard on them.

That's true, Disney can put all the pressure they want on the outside company, and may go as far as to take legal action. However, the fact is that Disney would have no say if a company decided to even start such a project near Disney property, but not on it.

Originally posted by WEDMagic
That land does indeed fall into Reedy creeks district, Reedy creek was established for a certain area not just Disney owned land. That land is in that area. I checked it out.

In that case, how does Shades of Green, which is surrounded by Disney property, but not actually located on it (the U.S. Military purchased the resort and land) have Orange County liquor permits in its bars, and Orange County inspection certificates in its elevators? I'm sure Reedy Creek could approve it (and they probably would too... one thing about Reedy Creek CM's I've noticed is, if you ask them about Disney they'll have no idea what you're talking about) but why risk it, when OC will be more than complacent.

WEDMagic

not sure

Well the shades of gree situation im not sure on, maybe reedy creek has a clause or just gave up the land back to OC to not have the need nor hassle of inspecting and doing code enforcement for this part of the property. Once again I dont mean to stir things up. Maybe Me, you, or someone can actually check with OC to see if building codes have been applied for that area.
I'll try to check. Its just gonna be weird with this resort in the dead center of Disney's property, it creeps me out everyday I drive by it.

Thanks mktiggerman for your insight to the shades of green thing.
:)

DonickCo

Originally posted by mktiggerman

In that case, how does Shades of Green, which is surrounded by Disney property, but not actually located on it (the U.S. Military purchased the resort and land)

wasen't that a 100 year lease. ...so disney would get it back in like 2074.

not shure
-DonickCo

sorry about the spelling ...just got back form a DMB concert....and it s late...

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DonickCo

wasen't that a 100 year lease. ...so disney would get it back in like 2074.

not shure
-DonickCo

sorry about the spelling ...just got back form a DMB concert....and it s late...

according to Disney, it was a full on purchase

WDW Imagineer

Disney selling shades of greens I can justify because they are selling it to the military and I doubt they would build a army base on it or something like that. But this new hotel I just dont like it, I dont know and I havent seen it(the building that is, not built yet) but it is going to seem really outof place.

As for the other hotels on Disney property, I think the only reason why Disney approved them is because they were rather close to the border not right in the middle.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
The Military has a 100 year lease on Shades of Green. They don't own it, they lease it. It will be up around 2094.

CDavid

Originally posted by Fossil
It kills me to see that some of the resorts next to one of the entrances to WDW, are not Disney owned!!! I think that everything that is on Disney property should be a Disney idea. I think Disney should do away with everything that's not Disney related on their property!

I'd settle for just getting rid of those McDonald's within Disney property. I have those at home, and don't need to drive 650 miles for a Bic Mac. I go to Disney World for Disney. Things like Rainforest Cafe and Ghirardelli aren't quite as bad, since you at least don't have one on every block.

And, Disney really should do something about this Bonnet Creek location, even if it means paying a hefty price to buy out the developers. The actual property owners could still make a bundle allowing WDW to develop this property (perhaps some manner of lease agreement).

The Military has a 100 year lease on Shades of Green. They don't own it, they lease it. It will be up around 2094.

Are the Swan and Dolphin (and Hotel Plaza) also operated under some sort of Lease agreement? I thought I'd read this somewhere, and if so, when do the leases expire, and what happens to the properties/hotels then? Unless it's a 99 year agreement, some of the Hotel Plaza locations might be getting close (?).

Invero

Originally posted by CDavid
And, Disney really should do something about this Bonnet Creek location, even if it means paying a hefty price to buy out the developers. The actual property owners could still make a bundle allowing WDW to develop this property (perhaps some manner of lease agreement).

I'm no expert in this matter, but I'd be willing to bet that Disney has tried everything to get that property... And either they just flat out refuse to sell, or want more than Disney is willing to pay for it. (And there is a reasonable limit as to how much Disney would spend on it)

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by CDavid

I actually would be hoping for an apartment complex.. that would rule. Walk to MGM from my house.. what a dream. Walking to MK is nice, but it's backstage.. I want onstage!

Smitty

The Swan and Dolphin are considered operating partners if I remember right. They aren't owned or run by Disney.

As for this chunk of land, all Disney leagally has to do is provide a right of way to the land. Now what Disney could do if they wanted to be real jerks or really cared that much about this area being developed, is turn all Disney roads in to toll roads. Since they govern their own road system they could easily do this. This would make things awful for everyone in general though, but they could do it. Personally, I don't care what goes in there. I'm sure it won't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Also, Disney needs outside business to survive. I know people don't like to hear it, but it's true. Think of it as a Circle of Life type of thing. Disney and the outside companies depend on each other.

pax_65

Two Additional Points

We spoke with a DVC rep about this resort when we were down last month. She said the Bonnet Creek resort would be a timeshare resort from an outside company and would be treated by Disney like any other off-property resort. From the sounds of it, it sounds like the entrance is on Disney property but that the driveway will travel some distance to where the actual resort is located (mostly off property?).

Then, we talked about the obvious confusion between this non-Disney timeshare resort and the now-named "Villas at Eagle Pines", a DVC timeshare resort, to be built near the Bonnet Creek golf course.

She said for years the Eagle Pines project was referred to as the "Bonnet Creek" project so now there is much confusion among employees and DVC members alike.

Eagle Pines - DVC resort near Bonnet Creek golf course
Bonnet Creek - Non-Disney timeshare near Caribbean Beach

Invero

Re: Two Additional Points

Originally posted by pax_65
We spoke with a DVC rep about this resort when we were down last month. She said the Bonnet Creek resort would be a timeshare resort from an outside company and would be treated by Disney like any other off-property resort. From the sounds of it, it sounds like the entrance is on Disney property but that the driveway will travel some distance to where the actual resort is located (mostly off property?).

The property in question is NOT owned by Disney... thus, it is "Off Property", however, it is pretty much landlocked by Disney property, so legally, Disney allow for a road to intersect with Buena Vista Drive. I'm not sure how it will be when the resort opens, but how it is now is that you can only enter from BVD travelling east, and exiting will put you right back onto BVD going east. Not very convenient. But that could just be for construction purposes. *shrug* No clue.

jmarc63

Originally posted by WEDMagic
That land does indeed fall into Reedy creeks district, Reedy creek was established for a certain area not just Disney owned land. That land is in that area. I checked it out.

WEDMagic.....

What is your source for this information on this. If you look at this map of ready creek its not part of that property.

Also a property owner would have to either petition or agree to have unincorporated property to be Incorporated from one entity to another

Attachments

• rcidmap.gif
    rcidmap.gif
    6 KB · Views: 268

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Smitty
The Swan and Dolphin are considered operating partners if I remember right. They aren't owned or run by Disney.

they are owned, but not operated

rmforney

Originally posted by WDWManic
I have no clue why they arnt operated by Disney, but they are owned...

If I've heard correctly, back in the late 70's/early 80's, when WDW was looking to expand, but the Walt Disney Company was close to being bought out, WDW made a deal with Shariton(?) Hotels to operate 2 hotels on the property, therfore saving WDW the overhead(whew, good run-on sentence). This would still put guests close to the parks. Flash forward, Disney was saved by the Bass Brothers; Eisner/Wells were brought in; Roy Disney came back to the company; etc. but the contract was still there, now controled by a group that split off from the Shariton(?) Hotel parent company.
Long story short, They built the new hotels, without worrying about "proper placement" on the property. This is part of the reason you loose the forced perspective of the Eifle Tower in France at EPCOT. With the Swan/Dolphin in the way, you can really tell that its not far off and full sized.....

TheOneVader

I just got back from WDW and there was a sign that said 'Bonnet Creek Resort Construction'. I'm not sure where it was but I think it was near EPCOT.

EDIT: I did not read what you were saying because I'm in a hurry. Just saying what I just saw yesterday.

Invero

Originally posted by TheOneVader
I just got back from WDW and there was a sign that said 'Bonnet Creek Resort Construction'. I'm not sure where it was but I think it was near EPCOT.

That sign has been up for about a year now. It's just past the CBR main entrance, right before the Bonnet Creek construction entrance. (currently, they are converting the Construction entrance to a main entrance)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom