Bomb/Drug Sniffing Dog in Magic Kingdom 10/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

disnyfan89

This reminds me of a funny story in Tomorrowland. Back in the day the cast member who would play PUSH had his mic placed in one of the Disney souvenir mugs. So every time he took a "sip" he would talk into the mug. Disney CM would often get concerned guest coming up to them noting that a young man who was by himself was talking into a mug thinking he might be a terrorist.

Rob562

I must say though - while I've been there I've noticed a couple of suspicious things.
The last time I was there (the end of August) I saw a lot of different men around with videocameras. The weird part was that they weren't videotaping family or anything, they were videotaping buildings and appeared to be alone. Maybe I was just being paranoid, but they did have me really worried.

So the Disney Geeks (which I admit to being one) can't take video of the ENTIRE park anymore? :)

-Rob

RiversideBunny

They could have been Insurance Department people documenting the buildings in case of damage claims.

Or they could be using the videos for designing the new WDW park in Butte, Montana.
:animwink:

eddy21

They walk dogs thru the attractions at night every once in a while just a fact of life in our brave new world

DisneySaint

This happens on a daily basis for "unattended bags". Standard procedure and not something to worry about.

awalte7

I agree. Probably just a precaution. It's nice to know your family is safe

Some poor guy probably lost his pack, came back to get it, saw it being sniffed by the "SWAT team" and took off. lol.

DisneyChik17

I agree. Probably just a precaution. It's nice to know your family is safe

Some poor guy probably lost his pack, came back to get it, saw it being sniffed by the "SWAT team" and took off. lol.

I know I would hate to be the one to speak up and say "That's mine. I forgot it. Sorry!" LOL! I would just say "Wow. All this over some 100 Calorie Packs." LOL!

doop

I've never seen any drug/bomb sniffing dogs at wdw, but it's nice to know they're there for our safety.

mikeymouse

They had one at the entrance to MGM on 9/11/07 when I was there. I believe its the Orange County Sheriffs Dept, not WDW Security.

Thelazer

WDW Security does have there own dogs. I think there are 3 of them, maybe 4. Based out of the Animal Kingdom.

You won't see them that often, the idea is that the dog does a sweep before/after park open or only when needed.
They do not want the dog out in the park to often, so everyone can ask to pet it etc.

and while we are on the subject, no there are no sniper teams, nor some kinda far fetched anti-missle system based in the castle.
nor is there camara's covering every inch of wdw.

There is however plain clothes folks watching the stores. So do not try to shoplift. That's the most common thing they bust people for
and it happens EVERY DAY!

This happens everyday. So please dont leave anything unattended anywere. The K-9 unit does a great job and respondes quick to any calls that are put in to them. We have stuff left in odd places and then we call K-9 to be safe. Then depending on the item is what happens with it.

TP2000

I've seen police dogs roaming Disneyland property with Disneyland Security Officers often. I would assume they are the bomb-sniffing variety. And I know it's the plural "dogs" because I've noticed one with a much darker coat than the dog I had just seen the day before. There's obviously at least a couple dogs in the employment of Disneyland.

They roam the Parks and Downtown Disney with a uniformed Disneyland Security Officer. They usually walk with a purposeful pace so they aren't at risk of being stopped to "pet the doggy".

There are also uniformed Anaheim Police Officers that patrol Downtown Disney in electric cars, but the dogs I've seen are being led by Disneyland Security and not the police.

daklimation

WDW Security does have there own dogs. I think there are 3 of them, maybe 4. Based out of the Animal Kingdom.

You won't see them that often, the idea is that the dog does a sweep before/after park open or only when needed.
They do not want the dog out in the park to often, so everyone can ask to pet it etc.

and while we are on the subject, no there are no sniper teams, nor some kinda far fetched anti-missle system based in the castle.
nor is there camara's covering every inch of wdw.

There is however plain clothes folks watching the stores. So do not try to shoplift. That's the most common thing they bust people for
and it happens EVERY DAY!

While there aren't sniper teams, which would be ridiculous, there is a crisis team that carries handguns, tasers and handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom