Boma

SPOERLX3

Original Poster
I am considering a meal at Boma for our trip in December, any thoughts?
What about the breakfast at Fort Wilderness?

tigsmom

We had dinner at Boma for the first time this past March and we loved it! I have picky eaters in my family and they all found something to love. There is a rotation of 3 different menus and I'd love to hit all three....we will be going back next trip.

Can't help you with the second part though. :wave:

Abbyjoe

We LOVE Boma! A must do for us. It has very different selections from everywhere else.

Our first trip, our server told us to take a tiny portion of everything on the buffet, then try everything, and THEN go back and get more of what we liked. Worked out well for us. :animwink:

BiggerTigger

I love Bomas as well. They have a huge variety, which is great because there were items I wouldn't eat (allergy to cocanut, others I didn't know if I'd like) but I was so full by the end of my meal I needed to be rolled out the door. There is something there for everyone's taste and you won't leave hungry.

bayoutinkbelle

I've heard nothing but great things about Boma, and I'll find out myself next month. :D

I'm also really excited about checking out AKL and viewing some of the animals. I think the whole experience is going to make some great memories.

Nicole220

My family and I loved Boma! It was our favorite restaruant of the trip along with Le Cellier. My brother and sister are picky eaters, and they both loved it. There's something for everyone.

Don't forget to check out the AKL, it's beautiful!

popsicletrees

Boma is my favorite place to eat at Disney. I love all the spices that they use. I've never been disappointed with anything that I've eaten there.

cybertheo

Boma is great. Exotic but not too exotic for picky eaters...
I like to try food that I won't get a chance to at home and Boma delivered and the little kids in our group found stuff they could eat too.

gatordoc

Breakfast at Boma is very good. Dinner is fine, especially if you have kids. For a nice romantic dinner and better food, however, Jiko cannot be beat.

MattyFresh

I have ADRs for Boma in OCT. I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping for the good, my girlfriend is a little skeptical about buffets. But I can't wait, plus like mentioned above getting to see the AKL and the animals is a big plus.

k.hunter30

Boma is by far the best buffet in WDW. We absolutely love it and go there about twice every trip. Next to Le Cellier, it is our favorite restaurant.
The selection is so large. My personal favorites are the salmon (some of the best I've ever had on main-land), lamb/beef casserole, coconut curry chicken soup, white bean hummus, and all the yummy desserts! The last time we were there we were a group of 8 - including two kids ages 5 and 7 - and everyone loved it and found something they enjoyed. I can't recommend this place enough!

ilovepluto23

I'm trying to talk my family into having dinner at Boma in January, but so far...no luck. Are you able to see the animals from the restaurant? If so, I may be able to convince them.

Although I can't resist a few favorites (Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill), I don't want to get stuck dining at restaurants we've already been to on the entire trip!

ktink

We had dinner at Boma on our last trip. I was the only one in the family who half way enjoyed it. We are not picky eaters but the food and spices were a bit much for the kids and DH.

We're staying at AKL this trip and I've scheduled an ADR for breakfast @ Boma. I've been told that the breakfast is great and has something for everyone.

k.hunter30

I'm trying to talk my family into having dinner at Boma in January, but so far...no luck. Are you able to see the animals from the restaurant? If so, I may be able to convince them.

Although I can't resist a few favorites (Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill), I don't want to get stuck dining at restaurants we've already been to on the entire trip!
Unfortunately no, you cannot see the animals from the restaurant. But just outside is a walkway to see the savannah. If you're not staying at the AKL, it is DEFINITELY worth it to venture over there to check it out. It's a beautiful resort and should be visited IMO.

ilovepluto23

Unfortunately no, you cannot see the animals from the restaurant. But just outside is a walkway to see the savannah. If you're not staying at the AKL, it is DEFINITELY worth it to venture over there to check it out. It's a beautiful resort and should be visited IMO.

I haven't stayed, but I've visited AKL...and I agree...GORGEOUS resort! My dad was in complete awe when we visited the resort.

Thanks for the info, I think I've almost got them convinced! :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The "soups" at Bomas are my favourite thing more of a stew, forget the hype about Zebra domes this is proper tukka.

As for breakfast at FW we did it a few times, a decent start to the day.

THAT

Kadee

We finally tried Boma a month ago. I guess I had my hopes built up WAY to high because of reviews I read here. I found it just ok, as did my DD. DH liked it, but he said he's had much better. DD is the only picky eater and we all LOVE anything spice so that was not the problem.

One cool thing that happened is we saw Joe Rhode going into Jiko while we were waiting on our ADR time.

And as for the AKL, I didn't find it as great as everyone says, either. We had planned on staying there on a future trip and have now changed our mind. WL is MUCH better.

Cara1210

We finally tried Boma a month ago. I guess I had my hopes built up WAY to high because of reviews I read here. I found it just ok, as did my DD. DH liked it, but he said he's had much better. DD is the only picky eater and we all LOVE anything spice so that was not the problem.

One cool thing that happened is we saw Joe Rhode going into Jiko while we were waiting on our ADR time.

And as for the AKL, I didn't find it as great as everyone says, either. We had planned on staying there on a future trip and have now changed our mind. WL is MUCH better.

I completely agree. I was very disappointed with Boma. The meats were delicious, but I'm a big veggie person, and to me the side dishes were just okay. Everyone in my group felt the same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom